Placement Matches now or later?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoctorDake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Tonight I'm going to hit Level 30 for the first time. Really excited to play my placement matches, but I'm not sure if I should wait until the new system launches before doing it. From what we've seen, does anyone have any idea if there's an advantage or disadvantage to waiting to place until the new League system launches?

Pldl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

There is literally no difference between the 'old' and the 'new' elo system. It's just visually different, and it MAY be easier to rise in ranks.

I would discourage it. You barely play normals and mostly play co-op.

Also, fill up that empty quint space with one of your other quints. It can only help.

AWESOMO 4K

01-22-2013

You should really consider waiting a bit longer before you play ranked.

EzraTwitch

01-22-2013

Go ahead and play, but realize you will end placing low regardless. You need more normal wins and to stop playing co-op vs. a.i. if you want be competitive.

DoctorDake

01-22-2013

Haha, no, I've played almost entirely premade normals from 1-27. Just boosting from 27-30 via co-op. I'm ready to go...

Thanks for the advice!

Muddy Vayne

01-22-2013

Learn how to play against other level 30s in normals, fill out your rune pages for multiple roles (no one likes a one-role-ranked-player). It took me 400 wins in normals before I was comfortable with ranked, and I stunk bad at first.

DoctahBad

01-22-2013

lol, fresh elo meat.

Dont play ranked.

Enterti

01-22-2013

Play 100 draft pick normals before you do ranked

Its all K

01-22-2013

I would suggest not jumping into ranked immediately hitting 30 because you will notice a significant difference in the skill level of people you play against. You should practice not only the roles you're going to play in ranked, but how to communicate with your team as well.

The runes are also essential for establishing early game advantage, and for jungling.

Good luck!

EzraTwitch

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorDake View Post
Haha, no, I've played almost entirely premade normals from 1-27. Just boosting from 27-30 via co-op. I'm ready to go...

Thanks for the advice!
Level 1-29 Normal is very different from level 30 Normal. . . The second you hit 30 Matchmaking starts matching you in a much wider pool.