R.I.P All sustain...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quartzmonkey

01-22-2013

Can we just go back to S2 game build please?

VanceStubbs

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageRose View Post
GL countering infin sustain in solo ques until you make it to 1500 elo+. Junglers below that tend to gank mid an bot lane more because of less escapes an easier access. top lane is alway the hardest lane to gank because of only two directions (unless you have a terrain phasing jungler like vi noc malph who can go a large distance without being seen.)

the only realway to counter sustain on your own is with another sustain. however they have nerfed almost all other sustains which do not cost you nearly or more than 10% of your mana per spell (nid).
you missed the part after the ellipsis.

That was exactly my point, you cannot counter sustain, that's why they are globally getting nerfed.

Voidgolem

01-22-2013

you don't need warmog as an AP mid, that's what RoA is for.

Teralisan

01-22-2013

Sustain gets nerfed
oh joy
now my lovely adoration of 50-60 minute games are even less likely
curbstomps into surrender@20 more likely now
nerf passive play
nerf comeback ability

Eat Orange Be K

01-22-2013

I admit it, as soon as I read a complaint that all sustain was being nerfed (and someone complaining about a Morgana nerf, no less) and Garen was going to be the best top, I had to double check the OP date just to make sure this wasn't a thread necro.

RavageRose

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
% passive that only works if you stand three miles from the minion line so the enemy laner can't hit you.

versus free health forever from doing whatever.
Here the problem with garen. Even pro's have said it. Against most top lane champs you can do one of two things.. stand behind the caster minions and heal up safely, or against champs who canhit you over minions like Pantheon you can stand in brush an force them to use gold on several more wards, by which you force them to lose CS to try an stop your passive in which you QW combo them making them lose the exchange an you having more HP, an repeat till you can R, or they give up an you heal up with passive over 1:30 time to full an force them to B. eitherway you lose. you need a jungler to set youway ahead an in solo que it's about 25% chance of ever happening. 50/50 they will gank for you when you need/ask, an 50/50 it will work.

Metablast

01-22-2013

Guess it's time for me to pick up Renekton.

RavageRose

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teralisan View Post
Sustain gets nerfed
oh joy
now my lovely adoration of 50-60 minute games are even less likely
curbstomps into surrender@20 more likely now
nerf passive play
nerf comeback ability
this is what Scara pointed out recently, as well as Dyrus just last night when watching his stream. Games will lose more comeback potention because champs wont be as viable late game when they are meant to be due to their good scaling on sustain.

DementedLord

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoj 21 View Post
they should buff AP mage mid really,

using lux lately i was fed 7/2 i won my line destroyed akali

she just went farming somewhere and then she just 3 shot me. ap mid cannot build warmogs like everyone else is doing unless they have really short CD like ryze

I build warmog on katarina as my first item. It worked. when i got focused i didn't die as fast and my team aced them easily.

RavageRose

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Orange Be K View Post
I admit it, as soon as I read a complaint that all sustain was being nerfed (and someone complaining about a Morgana nerf, no less) and Garen was going to be the best top, I had to double check the OP date just to make sure this wasn't a thread necro.
morgana was nerfed like a year ago lol, an no this was created just last night after my friends an i discussed it all over a 5v5 premade game. We all tried to pick high sustain an we noticed how Garen could survive a 3v1 gank an be healed to nearly full in under 2 mins time we left him alone to gank another lane without drinking a potion. then we started talking an noticed more an more situations where riot ha nerfed other things related to sustain.

one i forgot to mention was a lot of HP regen items got removed or reworked