Evelynn's nerfs changed the foundation of her character

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SquirtingSquid

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson62 View Post
Actually i feel it is more akin to old Eve... Where she had to use her ult as a means to initiate... or escape
You're stupid.

It refreshed on kill or assist before.

Aeolian Melodies

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson62 View Post
Actually i feel it is more akin to old Eve... Where she had to use her ult as a means to initiate... or escape
Old Eve would activate her ult before a fight to have as much mobility and DPS she could. Kills/assists would keep her alive through the passive of Malice and Spite, and allow her to pop the active part again to either gtfo or turn on another target.

Aeolian Melodies

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirtingSquid View Post
You're stupid.

It refreshed on kill or assist before.
Actually, even better.

KIlls/assists healed her (passive parrt).

Any death on the map refreshed the active (maybe they removed that when they uber nerfed her but that's how I remember old Eve, HELL at one point it was buggy and it refreshed off clones/ghost kills).

Crosbie

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenluvartz View Post
Actually, even better.

KIlls/assists healed her (passive parrt).

Any death on the map refreshed the active (maybe they removed that when they uber nerfed her but that's how I remember old Eve, HELL at one point it was buggy and it refreshed off clones/ghost kills).
Yeah the passive reset on her ult was global, even if she didn't assist.

Voidgolem

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenluvartz View Post
Old Eve would activate her ult before a fight to have as much mobility and DPS she could. Kills/assists would keep her alive through the passive of Malice and Spite, and allow her to pop the active part again to either gtfo or turn on another target.
W and gunblade mass-vamp. Whee.

VanceStubbs

01-22-2013

Jesus christ how hard is it to understand, YOU DON'T USE EVE ULT TO KILL PEOPLE.

YOU NEVER DID, YOU NEVER SHOULD!

You want to kill someone with low health? Run up to them and spam Q. That's how she always worked!

That ult was always about initation, why do you think that shield is there?

Teralisan

01-22-2013

Ulti was about initiation
now I cannot initiate from those brushes and expect to actually CATCH my prey...
suxxor
the two nerfs they did AT ONCE are the problem
%Current to stop it being used as an execute
Range nerf to stop her from sniping
WTF?
you snipe ppls because they are low
%Current DOES THE EXACT SAME THING AS RANGE NERF
wtf?

Inkyjinx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

i've said this is a few threads:

they nerfed her to the point of near unplayability. you don't hit the damage, CD AND range of an ult in a single swoop.

this is where Riot wants Eve - existing but right at the bottom of viability. they have no clue what they want her role or play style to be. so she's back to broken and will be ignored.

it's pathetic.

BMZieg

01-22-2013

Eve still does plenty of damage, is excellent at roaming/forcing enemy to buy pinks, is still highly mobile, etc. She's fine.

Hoofster

01-22-2013

While I hate the damage nerf to her ult, I have to disagree on almost all points. This "suboptimal" nerf only exists if you only play eve like veiger, to insta gib someone then at best clean up last hits after the team fight. During the mid and late game eve does exactly the same as she did before, she groups with her team, finds her moment then ultis all 5 of the enemy team, likely at full health cause who would group to team fight at low health. This is in no way suboptimal. They have moved her role from a cleaner to a team fight assassin, but I don't see the problem with that.