"we lose bcuz u aren't tanky, malphite"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snipawolfe

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearsomeFoe View Post
If you are playing pure AP Malphite and you are indeed destroying their enemy ADC, you are doing everything AP Malphite should be doing. Regardless, if you were the only person who could effectively build full tank you have indeed let your team down with your choice of items, as it hurts your overall team comp to have a squishy Malphite and no one to be in the front line.
*Pure AD Malphite.

I don't disagree, but it wouldn't have mattered. Were I tanky, I'd have wallowed about amongst Miss Fortune and Ryze as the only remotely tanky champion while my team died since we were too far behind. All MF had to do was wait until I ulted then use Bullet Time. At least with this build, she didn't even get the chance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

C9 SingSing

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipawolfe View Post
*Pure AD Malphite.

I don't disagree, but it wouldn't have mattered. Were I tanky, I'd have wallowed about amongst Miss Fortune and Ryze as the only remotely tanky champion while my team died since we were too far behind. All MF had to do was wait until I ulted then use Bullet Time. At least with this build, she didn't even get the chance.
Excuse me, *AD*, I didn't know it was a thing. If it's not your fault, it's not your fault. If you know it's not your fault, who cares if they don't know what they're talking about?

If it's not your fault for losing the game--which is pretty iffy in team games to say--then you should be content knowing that you did everything you should have.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snipawolfe

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearsomeFoe View Post
Excuse me, *AD*, I didn't know it was a thing. If it's not your fault, it's not your fault. If you know it's not your fault, who cares if they don't know what they're talking about?

If it's not your fault for losing the game--which is pretty iffy in team games to say--then you should be content knowing that you did everything you should have.
Aye, it is. Malphite's W gives him 40% more AD. Combine this with an Infinity Edge and a Sword of the Divine and you can three shot people with 1.2k damage crits before they hit the ground after being hit by your ultimate. You can find a few videos on Youtube of it, if you're interested.

Haha, I was just letting off a bit of steam and seeing what the forum would think (which is why the tl;dr is me saying "dear diary.")


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeCKS Egai

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipawolfe View Post
*Pure AD Malphite.

I don't disagree, but it wouldn't have mattered. Were I tanky, I'd have wallowed about amongst Miss Fortune and Ryze as the only remotely tanky champion while my team died since we were too far behind. All MF had to do was wait until I ulted then use Bullet Time. At least with this build, she didn't even get the chance.
I doubt anyone aside from your teammates would place all the blame on you - if everyone but you and khaz are sorely behind then you're right, it probably wouldn't have mattered.

My main point was that by not going tanky you have no one on the team to act as any sort of damage soak. Killing one player usually won't make enough of a difference, especially if several were fed, as you pointed out. You could have denied bullet time without going full AD, and being that guy in the middle gives khaz a chance to engage with less worry of being insta-gibbed by jumping into the fight.

But ultimately - the other thing to keep in mind is the psychological factor. I'm not sure if you went straight AD from the get go, but if the sole "tank" is building like an ad carry, I'd think most people in that situation are already expecting to lose unless they're completely dominating the lanes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-22-2013

AD malph is just a gimick build. Malph needs to stay alive to reduce attack speed and cause havoc for you opponent's ADC.

You only go AD malph when your team is already too tanky.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snipawolfe

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs01gt View Post
AD malph is just a gimick build. Malph needs to stay alive to reduce attack speed and cause havoc for you opponent's ADC.

You only go AD malph when your team is already too tanky.
Malphite doesn't need to stay alive to cause havoc for the opponent's ADC when the ADC is destroyed in three hits. That's the entire point behind AD Malphite.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/26423207#history

Find the 12/5 Malphite game (while it's still in my match history). With that build, MF quit existing when I said she did. She was dead before she hit the ground from my ult. Even with a Warmogs, she'd have been hard pressed to survive three 1.2k damage crits in the span of maybe 2 seconds.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flagrock

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipawolfe View Post
Malphite doesn't need to stay alive to cause havoc for the opponent's ADC when the ADC is destroyed in three hits. That's the entire point behind AD Malphite.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/26423207#history

Find the 12/5 Malphite game (while it's still in my match history). With that build, MF quit existing when I said she did. She was dead before she hit the ground from my ult. Even with a Warmogs, she'd have been hard pressed to survive three 1.2k damage crits in the span of maybe 2 seconds.
Ok first, so what you killed a carry? That item has like a 60 second CD. Also, if your carry dies too, then IT DOESN'T MATTER. Also, I can do that with Tryndamere does that make him good our viable? No. What you're saying is "oh I killed the carry with a strong burst why can't my team win even though our carry died because I just let all their dmg have a free go at her?" Let me tell you, the reason you lost was you couldn't protect your carry. KILLS DON'T MATTER. That is where a lot of the low elo players fail. They think K/D matters. IT DOESN'T. If your whole team died every fight and were all 0/50 and your carry lived and was 0/0 but could push and get the nexus before they did YOU STILL WIN :O So what you could kill their carry instantly... their bruiser could still push well and since you lost your carry you're at a disadvantage because your burst is completely down and it's 4v4...

Now, AD Malph... Yes his W "scales" and adds 40% AD. Your W ALSO "scales" and adds 40% ARMOR. YOU DO 40% OF YOUR ARMOR IN DAMAGE FROM E. Armor and unkillable with dmg from E>>>>>>>>>more dmg but no survivability. Guess what, you might do more dmg when you have your W up and you might get one person in the fight, but Tank Malph WILL NOT go down without doing insane AoE 50% AS slow while heavy dmg. So, yeah you might instant kill a carry and then die, but I can kill a carry in 4 hits and still be alive to protect my carry. The reason why you lost is having an "AD Malph" you had no tank or defender for your AD carry and AD carry is better at dmging and scales better off of items than you. So, your team comp was bad and you thought kills matter. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but until you learn HOW TO BE A TEAM PLAYER and do what needs to be done to win instead of complaining, then you should be at the ELO you're at. I did that for the first 1-2 games of ranked, decided to grow up and carry, and did what it took to win: fill what your team needs, carry hard, and get people to work together.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snipawolfe

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagrock View Post
Ok first, so what you killed a carry? That item has like a 60 second CD. Also, if your carry dies too, then IT DOESN'T MATTER. Also, I can do that with Tryndamere does that make him good our viable? No. What you're saying is "oh I killed the carry with a strong burst why can't my team win even though our carry died because I just let all their dmg have a free go at her?" Let me tell you, the reason you lost was you couldn't protect your carry. KILLS DON'T MATTER. That is where a lot of the low elo players fail. They think K/D matters. IT DOESN'T. If your whole team died every fight and were all 0/50 and your carry lived and was 0/0 but could push and get the nexus before they did YOU STILL WIN :O So what you could kill their carry instantly... their bruiser could still push well and since you lost your carry you're at a disadvantage because your burst is completely down and it's 4v4...

Now, AD Malph... Yes his W "scales" and adds 40% AD. Your W ALSO "scales" and adds 40% ARMOR. YOU DO 40% OF YOUR ARMOR IN DAMAGE FROM E. Armor and unkillable with dmg from E>>>>>>>>>more dmg but no survivability. Guess what, you might do more dmg when you have your W up and you might get one person in the fight, but Tank Malph WILL NOT go down without doing insane AoE 50% AS slow while heavy dmg. So, yeah you might instant kill a carry and then die, but I can kill a carry in 4 hits and still be alive to protect my carry. The reason why you lost is having an "AD Malph" you had no tank or defender for your AD carry and AD carry is better at dmging and scales better off of items than you. So, your team comp was bad and you thought kills matter. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but until you learn HOW TO BE A TEAM PLAYER and do what needs to be done to win instead of complaining, then you should be at the ELO you're at. I did that for the first 1-2 games of ranked, decided to grow up and carry, and did what it took to win: fill what your team needs, carry hard, and get people to work together.
My good sir, your panties seem to be in quite a twist at the moment. Feel free to go reread the thread and maybe have a cup of tea along the way.

A) it's not 4v4. It's still very much 4v5. A Malphite without a Sword of the Divine still has cheesewheels, attack speed slows, and 1k damage crits. Also, not taking their carry (Miss Fortune) out of the fight means we get ulted and take massive AOE damage since she's fed.

B) if their carry is more fed than ours, eliminating that carry >>>>> protecting our carry. If I take 16k of their gold out of the fight instantly while we still have all of the gold from myself and my carry in it, then we are at an explicit advantage now. I'll kill the carry with 11 kills over protecting the one with only 3 and 50-60CS down any day of the week.

C) You can't do that with Tryndamere or even Jax. Malphite can kill the enemy before they hit the ground. There is literally no escape if the ultimate lands, and the distance on it seems pretty damn far when you're being hit by it from 3/4 of the screen away and then dying immediately. You can't kill a carry in four hits as tank Malphite.

D) You tell me I'm supposed to kill their carry, then you tell me I'm supposed to peel or defend for my ADC? Please, tell me how to be in two places at one time.

E) AD Malphite pushes towers hard. You clearly underestimate what a 450 damage autoattack can do to towers.

F) I never said anything about ELO. This was normals. Your comprehension seems a bit lacking. Perhaps you should try reading the thread instead of walking in and making a large uneducated post.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keuzen

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Coordinate with your team. You shouldn't blame it entirely on them. Sure, they might have had a bad game and your team was doomed, but nothing ruins your chance of winning faster than poor coordination. It is understandable that some don't coordinate, while others are mean or unhelpful, but I would still tell my team that I am not the tank, due to the fact that most will just assume you will be and will go squishy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snipawolfe

Senior Member

01-22-2013

I just played a game where I did it and we won because the rest of my team didn't feed. We had Shaco, Ashe, Fiddlesticks, Diana, and Malphite. I was even top lane against a Garen who rushed a Sunfire Cape. I accomplished my job of annihilating Twitch or Elise (their two carries) every time we team fought.

I told them I was going AD Malphite in champ select. No problems there. Seemed a bit sketchy with an instalocking Diana who said "mid or feed," but the other player who wanted mid went support Fiddle bottom and it all worked out.