Why doesn't Riot implement "safe to leave"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BRIKHOUS

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmibble View Post
Because League of Legends isn't Dota2.
But LoL already has taken many features from DotA 2. You know how you have to accept your game within a timer? That's from DotA2. You remember spectate? Dota2. You know Fiora ult? Thats from DotA. You know Malz ult? From DotA. Ashe ult? Dota. Mumu ult? The same. Karthus ult? Soraka ult? Both from DotA. Lulu's ability to turn you into a critter? DotA. (Admittedly this one's from WC in general). The list goes on. and on. and on.

One thing LoL should also take from DotA2 is the ability to save any replay. Also, in DotA2, you can scan back through literally every game you've played (don't know if there's a cap at a certain amount, but I've played over a hundred and can see stats from them all, as well as other players and their stats).

Rahonavis

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jámos View Post
1. duo with friends smurf
2. game not going well - make smurf leave
3. Safe to leave
4. Main doesnt lose elo

but then again, if your loss is inevitable because of a leaver, i guess this system would be good
Quoted because downvoting isn't a counter-argument.

IS1c5c21a2063c122d01032

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jámos View Post
1. duo with friends smurf
2. game not going well - make smurf leave
3. Safe to leave
4. Main doesnt lose elo
nobody here said "safe to leave" means "loss forgiven"

safe to leave means you cannot get reported/banned for the leave.

DrunkenRageFish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimportant Me View Post
nobody here said "safe to leave" means "loss forgiven". Safe to leave means you cannot get reported/banned for the leave.
If riot were to implement this then I would love them forever. As for people thinking that it would be an issue for trolling and essentially getting out of losing see above. I've been playing DotA 2 for a few weeks now with around 60 games, I have had 1 game where someone left and the rest of my team quit immediately after the safe to leave came up.

Kmiavdaen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

ok so I believe ppl will leave lost games to save their elo, unless the person leaving will get, like, double elo loss, this could be abused.
Imagine that you are winning your game, it is obvious that you would win... and then at 40 mi nmark someone at their team DC, enemy team just turtles up, wait for five minutes. spam /all /laugh and leave with no elo loss and no elo for you.

BRIKHOUS

01-22-2013

People here don't read. Its loss forgiven (no elo change) only within the first 5 or so minutes of the game. ONLY IN FIRST 5 OR SO MINUTES. READ PEOPLE. Otherwise, its just a way out of a sure loss when you're 4v5 and team won't surrender. You don't get flagged as a leaver/get reported for leaving. BUT THE ELO FORGIVENESS IS ONLY FOR A DC WITHOUT RECONNECT IN FIRST FIVE (5) MINUTES OF GAME.

tl;dr - People on LoL forums should read before commenting, elo forgiveness only applies to a dc within first 5 mins of game.

Meteoria

01-22-2013

i get the original idea but it should be implemented at any time

if one person leaves for five minutes then thats enough time to cause a guaranteed loss for the team

however if you havent lost in five minutes you werent behind enough to definitely lose.

why should i be penalized for leavers

i dont care if some wanker abuses 3 other people arent

Fubby3

01-22-2013

Riot is way too lazy, they never comment on threads like these.

A Super Saiyan 3

01-22-2013

If anything, I will say the dota 2 client is superior to the adobe air Pando media booster, bugsplat client Riot has

DoomsDave

01-22-2013

I like this idea.