bad news about the ap yi nerfs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MisterMoogle

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Corvus View Post
It's actually 100 base damage at level 1. The base damage on his Q is relatively high at all levels.
100 + his AP with a 13 sec CD..
I was proving a point on how weak it is atm.
I saw so many bad AP YI fail cause lack of kills.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aesirs Edge

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by flim and flam View Post
1. You're team will hate you when they notice that the enemy yi is an ap warmonger and have 2 defensive items
2. Every ap yi chains his strikes different
3. I play blind pick.

oh snap


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valiant Corvus

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMoogle View Post
100 + his AP with a 13 sec CD..
I was proving a point on how weak it is atm.
I saw so many bad AP YI fail cause lack of kills.
Only reason it works is because of his ability to farm.

I've done a lot of AP Yi long before he suddenly became fotm, and can tell you it's not hard to have 200 cs at 20 minutes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duffman316

Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flim and Flam View Post
1. You're team will hate you when they notice that the enemy yi is an AP warmonger and have 2 defensive items
2. Every AP Yi chains his strikes different
3. I play blind pick.
my only gripe with blind pick is teemo's in the top lane when i'm trying out various melee champs up there

hate teemo's

hate hate hate teemo's


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PikachuRPG

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman316 View Post
for those that saw him as an op nuisance and are now celebrating the incoming yi nerfs i've got some bad news

you've never bothered to carry cc, build magic resist, hp or defense items in general
you've never bothered to look up his mechanics to avoid giving him guaranteed alpha strikes in lane
you've never bothered to counterpick and would rather scream for nerfs than do a little thinking to figure out which champs counter him in lane and game (there are quite a few)

your skills are still inferior and you will still get dunked
Get the whole team to counter build for a single champion is what's wrong there.

AP Yi can still sustain in mid lane, he just tank the tower indefinitely after an alpha strike. Also, if he has a good team, you wouldn't get in the range of his meditate.

BTW, what kind of AP Yi would meditate within the range without any of his teammate nearby? 400% AP ratio is ridiculous, it allows him to tank even fountain turret ridiculous. Also, having the ability to heal in every 30 seconds, how is the meditate not OP?

Counterpick? What if they counterpick YOU with AP Yi, right after you pick your mid. The only mid I can see can sustain his harass is Fiddlesticks. Yes, champions like Fizz or LB has strong burst. But guess what, what kind of Yi would meditate within their CC range? At most, they survive the lane against AP Yi, but ultimately, AP Yi will outfarm the enemy mid.

He will still be viable, and he will still outfarm enemy mid if play right, he just can't have almost infinite sustain anymore. And yes, the meditate is retardedly strong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowed Ruby

Senior Member

01-22-2013

This thread leads me to 2 conclusions,

1) Delete Teemo
2) The Answer is Karthus.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duffman316

Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikachuRPG View Post
Get the whole team to counter build for a single champion is what's wrong there.

AP Yi can still sustain in mid lane, he just tank the tower indefinitely after an alpha strike. Also, if he has a good team, you wouldn't get in the range of his meditate.

BTW, what kind of AP Yi would meditate within the range without any of his teammate nearby? 400% AP ratio is ridiculous, it allows him to tank even fountain turret ridiculous. Also, having the ability to heal in every 30 seconds, how is the meditate not OP?

Counterpick? What if they counterpick YOU with AP Yi, right after you pick your mid. The only mid I can see can sustain his harass is Fiddlesticks. Yes, champions like Fizz or LB has strong burst. But guess what, what kind of Yi would meditate within their CC range? At most, they survive the lane against AP Yi, but ultimately, AP Yi will outfarm the enemy mid.

He will still be viable, and he will still outfarm enemy mid if play right, he just can't have almost infinite sustain anymore. And yes, the meditate is retardedly strong.
bolded is the point i'm trying to make

those that complained about him before will still have something to complain about once the nerfs go through


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Armageddon2099

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman316 View Post
and this here is the problem

you guys just hop from one excuse to another never bothering to figure out counter play

first complain about the range, when someone brings up a counterpoint you then complain about the ratio's on it, whats your next complaint? that it hit's 4 people?
What a ****ing joke. I address the problems with your hyperbolic bull**** statement and you choose to attack my character instead of actually addressing the points I bring up.

Fact: you compared Karthus's ult to Alpha Strike, not me, so you have to defend your position. You can't just say **** like that and then attack the other person when they explain the problems with your comparison.

Fact: I never at any point whatsoever mentioned anything about the range.

Fact: You didn't bring up a counterpoint, you implied I was too lazy to find counter-play and completely ignore the fact that there is little interesting play and counter-play to an RNG ability (Either Yi's ability hits a champ or it misses completely dependent to which entity the game decides to have it leap to, first target excluded).

Fact: The counter-play to Yi's alpha strike is to either tank it and try to trade (which he'll just brush off with pots or heal any severe damage with meditate) or do not stand near creeps (although sometimes the RNG gods smile on you and let you not get hit despite being in creep range), meaning you get completely zoned.

Fact: Simply saying pick a champ with CC against him is not a valid counter-point, since people in ranked will obviously wait until last pick to get him and trade. And what about people in blind pick normals? They just have to cross their fingers and hope they get a chance to play a champ for fun and not have an AP Yi in mid?

Opinion: Playing against AP Yi is no ****ing fun at all. I liken it to a Darius or Yorick lane. ****ing boring to play against, but fun for the person playing it. I played AP Yi long before this FOTM horse **** (hipster status) and I'm glad they are gutting it. I'd much rather see his AD side get buffed into viability instead.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duffman316

Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armageddon2099 View Post
What a ****ing joke. I address the problems with your hyperbolic bull**** statement and you choose to attack my character instead of actually addressing the points I bring up.

Fact: you compared Karthus's ult to Alpha Strike, not me, so you have to defend your position. You can't just say **** like that and then attack the other person when they explain the problems with your comparison.

Fact: I never at any point whatsoever mentioned anything about the range.

Fact: You didn't bring up a counterpoint, you implied I was too lazy to find counter-play and completely ignore the fact that there is little interesting play and counter-play to an RNG ability (Either Yi's ability hits a champ or it misses completely dependent to which entity the game decides to have it leap to, first target excluded).

Fact: The counter-play to Yi's alpha strike is to either tank it and try to trade (which he'll just brush off with pots or heal any severe damage with meditate) or do not stand near creeps (although sometimes the RNG gods smile on you and let you not get hit despite being in creep range), meaning you get completely zoned.

Opinion: Playing against AP Yi is no ****ing fun at all. I liken it to a Darius or Yorick lane. ****ing boring to play against, but fun for the person playing it. I played AP Yi long before this FOTM horse **** (hipster status) and I'm glad they are gutting it. I'd much rather see his AD side get buffed into viability instead.
the first person to post that complaint in this thread specifically underlined the range

you just hopped onto my response to his complaint and took it in a different direction?

i'm not here to defend against every type of complaint about how overpowered yi is

it'd be no different from trying to defend trynd's kit from those that complained that he shouldn't be able to ult under cc, it's a waste of time to argue it so i'd rather say figure it out on your own


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaolla

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman316 View Post
you guys just hop from one excuse to another never bothering to figure out counter play
i'm sorry, "counter play"?

staying 700 units away from minions or you take free unpreventable harassment from a character who can just instantly heal any "counter" you try, or simply run away from any ganks

so yeah, there is no counter. which is why all you no skill scrubs love him so much