bad news about the ap yi nerfs

12345612 ... 25
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Armageddon2099

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman316 View Post
karthus hit me from across the map, must be broken
Karthus ult doesn't have a 1.0 ratio, telegraphs for more than a split second when it's going to hit you, AND can't be done every 6 seconds with CDR.

Kaolla

01-22-2013

Quote:
sure when karthus does this to you every 6 seconds, you will have a leg to stand on

Duffman316

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armageddon2099 View Post
Karthus ult doesn't have a 1.0 ratio, telegraphs for more than a split second when it's going to hit you, AND can't be done every 6 seconds with CDR.
and this here is the problem

you guys just hop from one excuse to another never bothering to figure out counter play

first complain about the range, when someone brings up a counterpoint you then complain about the ratio's on it, whats your next complaint? that it hit's 4 people?

MisterMoogle

01-22-2013

In order for him to have high damage. He have to get fed.
He can be counter in lane quite easily if you guys arent too pussycat to attack him.
A weak 80 damage + his early AP with a addition of 13 sec CD.
You don't see a opportunity to attack and harass?
Meditation? Cc him or ignore it early level. He will come back to lane and alpha strike.
Use all your damn skill and save your ignite after meditation. Why? Because meditation have 30 sec CD

Duffman316

01-22-2013

to reiterate this thread isn't a complaint about the meditate nerfs, just wanted to let those that saw him as op know you're not going to be able to stop people that have been playing yi for quite a while

i laned him at mid as ad long before i started going ap, i get by on base heal

Valiant Corvus

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMoogle View Post
In order for him to have high damage. He have to get fed.
He can be counter in lane quite easily if you guys arent too pussycat to attack him.
A weak 80 damage + his early AP with a addition of 13 sec CD.
You don't see a opportunity to attack and harass?
Meditation? Cc him or ignore it early level. He will come back to lane and alpha strike.
Use all your damn skill and save your ignite after meditation. Why? Because meditation have 30 sec CD
It's actually 100 base damage at level 1. The base damage on his Q is relatively high at all levels.

Tenshinmon

01-22-2013

Quote:
and this here is the problem

you guys just hop from one excuse to another never bothering to figure out counter play

first complain about the range, when someone brings up a counterpoint you then complain about the ratio's on it, whats your next complaint? that it hit's 4 people?
Problem is not everyone can counter play. Not everyone's going to get lucky and get some actually intelligent teamates who know how to counter play, not everyone has champions that perfectly counter play Yi etcetc..

And here's the main part of the community's problem as shown by you: Any factual and reasonable responses are considered 'complaints'. I could just as easily argue that your simply complaining about our complaints and that you should shut up and take the nerf like a man.

And you WILL take this nerf like a man.

I'd also like to note that Yi has one of the highest starting base dmg on his alpha strike out of all Q spells right next to Zilean.

Flim and Flam

01-22-2013

Quote:
for those that saw him as an op nuisance and are now celebrating the incoming yi nerfs i've got some bad news

you've never bothered to carry cc, build magic resist, hp or defense items in general
you've never bothered to look up his mechanics to avoid giving him guaranteed alpha strikes in lane
you've never bothered to counterpick and would rather scream for nerfs than do a little thinking to figure out which champs counter him in lane and game (there are quite a few)

your skills are still inferior and you will still get dunked
1. You're team will hate you when they notice that the enemy yi is an AP warmonger and have 2 defensive items
2. Every AP Yi chains his strikes different
3. I play blind pick.

KvarrBrown

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-22-2013

Yi is such a bad champ and he doesnt deserves a nerf...

30 Helens

01-22-2013

Quote:

Good thing his ult it's not on a short @ss CD. Besides, alpha strike does more damage than Requiem until Karth gets fed late game.

12345612 ... 25