@RiotGypsylord Vi's kit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Struggler9996

01-22-2013

Vi's kit is amazing. She's sooo strong without even needing to build straight damage. I love her and regret not buying her when she first came out (wanted to, but not enough IP at the time).

ReadInPeace

01-22-2013

Spell buttons need to be pressed all the time? Man, you'd be mad about Skeleton King.

Cyraknoss

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadInPeace View Post
Spell buttons need to be pressed all the time? Man, you'd be mad about Skeleton King.
All the time? No. But in terms of LoL there are 4 buttons that let you interact with the game. When your "new way" to play the game is to take away some of those buttons it is not a good game play decision. It doesn't add anything to the game play to take away some of the controls.

Vi's kit takes away some of the control from the player which in itself is a bad decision, but it compounds that by packing the majority of her power into that lack of control.

Sevwall

01-22-2013

I think vi is a good time. She plays fun.

Spew

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epochalypse View Post
You didn't mention the most fun part of her kit: the dunks.

Low hp ult dunks best feeling

jvfroman

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyraknoss View Post
Vi's overall power is fine, she's not OP or UP, but she is not fun to play.
-1. Vi is TOO fun. when i play with my friends i cant stop laughing on Ventrilo/Raidcall
while using her even when we're losing.

NotBuzzJack

01-22-2013

Quote:
All the time? No. But in terms of LoL there are 4 buttons that let you interact with the game. When your "new way" to play the game is to take away some of those buttons it is not a good game play decision. It doesn't add anything to the game play to take away some of the controls.

Vi's kit takes away some of the control from the player which in itself is a bad decision, but it compounds that by packing the majority of her power into that lack of control.
Third hit abilities are fun. You're weird.

Xyltin

01-22-2013

Quote:
It took me awhile to figure out why Vi's kit felt horrible to use but I finally got to the root of it. Her W is just wrong. It's a toggle, with no reason to turn off, that encompasses the majority of her power. Her W, Denting Blows, has an AS steroid, %HP damage, and an armor shred. All that power packed on an ability and yet there is absolutely NO play involved with it.

The only decision making surrounding Denting Blows is "can I keep hitting the target or do I have to fall back?" That's the same decision making involved in auto attacking, because that's what denting blows is; a glorified auto attack. You might think "but so is Cho's toggle!" True, but Chogath's toggle has a draw back, most people ignore it but there is the occasional scenario where you don't want to AoE (under a turret for example). More than that Cho's spikes are not the majority of his power, infact they're a relatively small part so them having little play involved doesn't feel as terrible as Vi's Denting Blows.

Vi's overall power is fine, she's not OP or UP, but she is not fun to play.

Cho's spikes are a big part of his DPS. That's why you want to max it second (W for longer silence duration then E for more DPS and then Q cause there is nothing else).

Vayne's E is nearly the same (except that it doesn't wear off but you need to hit the same target 3 times in a row).
Also teemo's E.
Such an ability is not wrong.

About the fun playing her: You may not like it. Don't play her.
Other people like it.

PapstJL4U

01-22-2013

you must hate dota/2 very much, where so many chars have a passive ability on qwer. you can press w for level up and buy a an active item like Shurelyas or Bork :O

idDobie

01-22-2013

I loaded up a custom and tried toggling 'W' at all ranks and nothing happened. Tried it at rank one on the other skin and nothing either.