Let us discuss a way to eliminate pre-game trolling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zoram

01-21-2013

bump for discussion.

Zoram

01-21-2013

bump

NannerNe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Allow for lobby vote-to-kick ONLY IN RANKED SOLO/DUO with it needing overwhelming majority (as in 4-1 like it is in-game) to take effect. The one kicked gets the 30-60 minute queue timer.

It's not flawless, as duo trolls will still be able to get through, but it can't be abused by groups of four in Normals. It will essentially be a team decision that they feel it's in their best interests not to play with this person.

Zoram

01-22-2013

bump with a new link

Syntax Er0r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

A button that flags the person down?

Maybe it could work as a ban hammer too? 3 votes = re-queue with that person being kicked out of the queue entirely (he can re-queue?)

I say 3 votes; because 4 votes wouldn't be possible if the problem player was part of a duo-queue.

Kaolla

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoram View Post
Its one of the worst feelings to have someone breaking all the rules, being a jerk and selfish in champion select, especially in ranked.
99% of trolling in pregame isn't trolling. it's idiots who think they're getting trolled becoming belligerent and intentionally throwing the game

for example, no jungler is selected, last pick chooses heimerdinger. mid katarina immediate goes "fuсking noob heimer" and changes his pick to something to troll like teemo with smite

game starts and now heimer is "forced" to go mid, while jungle teemo (pre katarina) (un)intentionally trolls by playing a stupid character choice.

who is the troll when this heimer has a 80% win rate when going duo-top?

teemo dies and fails and loses the game for the team, then /allchats everyone to report heimer when it was he who jumped to conclusions and trolled himself

[edit] or to give a ranked example, 2 months ago, someone has malzahar picked for mid, and 4th pick selects katarina. everyone starts to rage and troll despite katarina being a perfectly fine top pick (just recently shown in tournaments)

Soiyeruda

01-22-2013

Just adding a report button to lobby would fix pre-game after some period of time. The effects won't be noticeable at first because people will probably try to test/oppose/ignore the system but after some time, it will probably catch a lot of bannable players which should be a wake up call for people who think they're invincible in champ select.

I'm personally also in favor of a vote system, so long as there's several checks to prevent abuse. It should be relatively simple in the sense that there should be metadata available to record the amount of times a player has been kicked from successful votes, number of successful votes participated in, chat, etc.. It can basically be summed up to:

1) Is this player being kicked a lot, and has the chat/reports to match? Toxic player.
2) Is this player doing everything to have the team mutiny against an innocent player to force a successful kick vote and does this on a frequent basis? Toxic player.

The second situation shouldn't be as frequent, purely because if we're consistently seeing groups of 4 random players kicking a 5th random player, then that means there's something very wrong with this community. At least one of those players should have the sense to think "hey, we're discussing to kick 5th pick because he doesn't want to play a role he doesn't know. That's not right," therefore rendering the vote void.

1scythe1

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iToonLink View Post
riot has access to pre-game chats as has been stated by reds many times before so if something comes up they are already able to deal with it so yeah no point making a big fuss about it
I thought pre-game was on a seperate server, which is why it isn't tied in with game chat to tribunal. I'm not positive, just pretty sure I read this somewhere before.

Soiyeruda

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1scythe1 View Post
I thought pre-game was on a seperate server, which is why it isn't tied in with game chat to tribunal. I'm not positive, just pretty sure I read this somewhere before.
I believe this is true. However, when the situation calls for it, Riot does look at pre-game chat to swing specific tribunal cases into a verdict.

Max Jacobus Void

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntax Er0r View Post
A button that flags the person down?

Maybe it could work as a ban hammer too? 3 votes = re-queue with that person being kicked out of the queue entirely (he can re-queue?)

I say 3 votes; because 4 votes wouldn't be possible if the problem player was part of a duo-queue.
Granted that seems effective... but it can be abused by players who want a decent person on their team. Or they simply dislike the fact you and your friend are communicating in another language in chat.

Case in point:
I've seen 2 people speaking Spanish, and while my grasp of Spanish is weak, they were absolutely talking LoL. No champs were mentioned, so i can assume they were talking about strategy amongst themselves.

Now the 5th and 4th players in the game, apparently other English speakers like me, starts raging at them, swearing they need to go back to whatever server Brazil runs. The usual ****.

Now what if the English guys had the option to report people with a 'hammer'? The amount of people who actually rage against other countries joining the NA server (which I play on) is extremely high.

"Oh great, a Mexican just joined. GG everyone, we lost!"
"Holy ****, what are those chicken scratches?! Chinese?! Great! Just flippin' great!"

It goes on. Makes me sad.
What if 3 of them where in the same lobby? I'm digressing now...

Long post is long... lol.