SR Ugrade?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eloquid

01-21-2013

It's great, I'd just like to see map skins, that's all, but on the same level of graphics quality and configuration demand.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyesseus View Post
You're comparing apples and oranges.
No, I'm not.

I'm comparing LoL to exactly what Riot want's LoL being compared to.

Doubt me? Check out how the new ranked ladder will work, then go read about promotion/relegation in the European professional soccer leagues (or any soccer league outside of MLS). The systems are essentially identical.

Riot wants to turn LoL and eSports into something far more serious than it's been up to now. Riot wants eSports to start approaching the same sort of stage that actual sports are on.

Part of the reason why actual sports have been around for so long and have spanned generations is because there's always something familiar to them. And that's the field.

Riot and the players can keep the game perfectly interesting without making any substantial changes to the eSports playing field we call Summoner's Rift.

Boagster

01-21-2013

Quote:
Naw, bro. I seen your other posts. You are a troll and you are rude. End of discussion.
Define troll for me.

Also, Pogo's field anology is a very good one. The rules have changed, the playing field has not. That is exactly what is being discussed here - changing the playing field.

We do have different maps already, which are Twisted Treeline. Crystal Scar and Proving Grounds. The fact that they are far less popular than Summoner's Rift might tell you something about the loyalty to the SR map design people have.

Riot did have another three-lane 5v5 map in the works, called Magma Chamber. They scrapped it due to balancing reasons - changing the nature of the playing field vastly changed the balance between champions. Following that logic, changing the main playing field in any drastic way would cause a disturbance in game balance, requiring a complete rethinking of what, how and where the champions are in the game.

That would also explain the lack of support for Twisted Treeline, Crystal Scar and Proving Grounds. While they do get thrown a bone sometimes, it's understood that they will never have the same level of balance as Summoner's Rift, because that's the main focus of the game. The rework to Twisted Treeline was to bring life into a dying side-game.

Odyesseus

01-21-2013

I'm not saying changing the entire thing. I'm saying upgrade it. Mostly visual, but some mechnical changes should be welcome too - like a new jungle route, different bosses, graphics, lots can change and lots can stay the same.

You're going off on a tangent.

Fate000

01-21-2013

SR could use, in fact, a music update. The SR music feels so old compared to TT and Dominion music...

Odyesseus

01-21-2013

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion - Wiki

Also, boagster, your comment is what I was looking for. thank you.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-21-2013

Quote:
In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion - Wiki

Also, boagster, your comment is what I was looking for. thank you.
Where has AD Bottom ever done any of this?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-21-2013

Quote:
mechnical changes should be welcome too - like a new jungle route, different bosses, graphics, lots can change and lots can stay the same.
1) I'm not sure how long you've been around, but there were some pretty drastic changes in the jungle very recently.

2) And for that matter, there have been some graphic changes. Had a red, blue, or Baron buff lately?

3) The changes you're mentioning absolutely will effect the game balance.

I don't really see a justifiable reason to change bosses, and I don't see how that makes the game more interesting. If the change is just cosmetic, then what's the point? If it's something beyond cosmetic, then you're tinkering with balance.

I don't understand your suggestion of "jungle route" unless you mean changing how the jungle walls are layed out or maybe the camps. If you mean changing the route junglers take... that's not something Riot has programmed... that's something the players have figured up as whatever is most effecient. You're free to take whatever route you want. But if you mean changing the lay out of the walls or camps, this isn't just a cosmetic change. It's a drastic balance change.

Odyesseus

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
1) I'm not sure how long you've been around, but there were some pretty drastic changes in the jungle very recently.

2) And for that matter, there have been some graphic changes. Had a red, blue, or Baron buff lately?

3) The changes you're mentioning absolutely will effect the game balance.

I don't really see a justifiable reason to change bosses, and I don't see how that makes the game more interesting. If the change is just cosmetic, then what's the point? If it's something beyond cosmetic, then you're tinkering with balance.

I don't understand your suggestion of "jungle route" unless you mean changing how the jungle walls are layed out or maybe the camps. If you mean changing the route junglers take... that's not something Riot has programmed... that's something the players have figured up as whatever is most effecient. You're free to take whatever route you want. But if you mean changing the lay out of the walls or camps, this isn't just a cosmetic change. It's a drastic balance change.
Ya i've been playing for about 6 months. Maybe I came after the changes were made. But when I saw the drastic changes they made to TTL, I thought maybe they'd do the same to SR.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-21-2013

No, the changes were made either the last week of November or the first week of December.

Changes have also been made in the past, before you started playing.