SR Ugrade?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Odyesseus

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
That doesn't make any sense. DotA is a 10~ year old game. I guarantee you they could change the map as easily as Riot could.

And a majority agrees with my opinion - know how I know? You're the only person who has, to my knowledge, ever created a topic asking for an update.
Dota was created off of SC map content. The content is not original. NOT the same thing. It's the reason Valve is making Dota 2. Not that hard to wrap your head around.

Also, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean the community supports you.

Odyesseus

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
I didn't ask you about the game. I asked about the field, the NFL's equivalent of a LoL map.

Some quick research tells me that the field has remained basically the same since 1912.

But yes, the game HAS changed. And that's the point. Just as LoL changes with new champion releases, item changes, and development of new strategies (or even something as simple as taking an old champion and making them good again by playing them in a difference way).

Just like the NFL is relevant and interesting today, despite 100 years of playing on the same field, Summoner's Rift can remain perfectly interesting for plenty of time without any major changes to it.
You're comparing apples and oranges.

adc

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyesseus View Post
Dota was created off of SC map content. The content is not original. NOT the same thing. It's the reason Valve is making Dota 2. Not that hard to wrap your head around.

Also, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean the community supports you.
So what if DotA was created from AoS? LoL was created directly from DotA - they just changed some concepts and made it unique. The map overall is still basically the same copy. I would be very, very surprised if the DotA map was identical to the AoS map.

Also, Valve is making DotA 2 because DotA is a wildly popular game and Valve knows when to cash in on something.

Look at my logic here. You're the only person posting about it, and one person backed you up. There are 3 other people who disagree with you. I have literally never seen another thread asking for a remake of SR - so logic dictates that more people agree with us than with you.

Odyesseus

01-21-2013

"Look at my logic here. You're the only person posting about it, and one person backed you up. There are 3 other people who disagree with you. I have literally never seen another thread asking for a remake of SR - so logic dictates that more people agree with us than with you."

This is called making a generalization based on personal experience. And that's not logic. That's a fallacy. LOL

adc

01-21-2013

Go find me other people who have posted the same thing, then. Prove to me you have a majority.

Odyesseus

01-21-2013

I never said I had a majority. I said your thoughts that you do are false at best and delusional at worst.

adc

01-21-2013

So you're saying you don't have a majority, but me thinking I do have a majority is false.

Odyesseus

01-21-2013

Look, i didn't make the thread so I can argue with you over this. Obviously I got my simple question answered, albeit, rudely.

I'm done talking to you because, well, it's pointless.

I said, I never claimed to have a majority. You're the one who even brought that issue to the discussion. I could careless if anyone agrees with me. It just sounded stupid to keep saying you have millions of people on your side of some lame argument.

adc

01-21-2013

I said the majority of players would leave and/or support my side of the discussion. You said this was untrue. I asked you to prove to me you had a majority. You said you did not. I never said I had millions of people on my side. I'm just saying that most people would disagree with you, and because of that it's never going to happen.

If you want to call that rude, go ahead.

Odyesseus

01-21-2013

Naw, bro. I seen your other posts. You are a troll and you are rude. End of discussion.