Kassadin... I think its time

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZerU92

01-21-2013

i play kassadin, but i think ke's not op. i play him using a hit n run style and if the enemies catch you in the middle of it, you're dead.

as for counters, ap mages that can survive his burst like diana for example. his ap ratio is not that high compared to others (fizz, leb, xerath, etc) so he cannot 100 - 0 a squishy champ (unless he's very fed and bought lots of ap). also any ad carry that manages to survive his blink-q-e combo can punish him easily (a good vayne for example)

Inochiii

01-21-2013

He's only OP if you don't know how to lane against him. His laning phase is trash especially pre 6, and bruisers like pantheon destroy him all game. Unless he hard counters whatever you pick, you should be zoning him. If he goes to base or roams, you push hard and make him miss creeps. H'es very good at ganking and catching people out of position, so warning your team is vital. If you play passive and give him a free lane with no jungle pressure, he will become a huge problem... but it's your teams fault if you allow that to happen. Oh and if you think he's too hard to gank, you should try to bait his R while your jungler is in position to gank.

Alvan Yakatori

01-21-2013

Actually, kayle can counter kass pretty well because once she turns on her e, then the silence wont do much because you just keep auto attacking.

Armageddal

01-21-2013

He wrecks mid because he's an anti-mage. His passive reduces magic damage by 15% after reductions, he has a very long and spammable silence, and he has extremely high mobility

Hookä

01-21-2013

Kassawin does not need nerfs he got nerfed already and hes fine as is

Tadiken

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benede View Post
Kassadin is a champion where in the correct hands, is simply too powerful. When playing another ap carry, you just cant win, Kass counters basically all of them. And even if your going up against an adc After level 6, plain and simple he doesn't lose a match-up. Its extremely or never the less, almost impossible to gank him. And the riftwalk cast radius is bigger than flash? Thats pretty ridiculous. As a huge kassadin player, with countless 20+ kill games, I can safely say this guy is OP, plain and simple. I think either a rework or nerf is necessary.
A pro kassadin will lose to a mediocre kat or sivir.

FatAngryPanda

01-21-2013

i believe that kassadin is fine where he stand's, he's not to powerful, not to weak. he's right where he should be. certian champions excel in different situations agianst different team comps

Sbeck

01-21-2013

Any champion where in the correct hands is op.
Focus on practice with only one champion and u will win

xxGanjaPro420xx

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by port5 View Post
A pro kassadin will lose to a mediocre kat...
wot

Considering 95% of my games are kassadin i can kind of give an idea of what he is actually bad against or specific champs

Ranged bruisers (Jayce, Urgot)
Assasin Bruisers (Irelia, Xin Xhao)
High sustain (Swain, Cho Gath, Maokai)
Talon

Panteon will only be able to keep you out of lane since he has one of the most obnoxious pokes in the game. Pretty much all you need to do is run teleport and teleport gank other lanes which should help you a bit if you are losing lane and help your teammates a bit. I play top/mid/jungle bruiser kassadin and generally dont have a problem mid/late game especially with a team that can communicate and follow up

Zegreiart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Quote:
Kassadin is a champion where in the correct hands, is simply too powerful.
What defines "in the correct hands"? You mean someone who can quickly gauge the outcome of a skirmish to get into the fight quickly, assassinate, and get out? Having burst at the expense of semi-lengthy CDs? His Q is at 8 seconds or so, not exactly spamable. His E requires 6 spellcasts to be used, so at that point if you go into a fight with needing a spell or two to be cast, you may be able to do it again before the skirmish is over. Larger teamfights make this more friendly to use.

Quote:
When playing another ap carry, you just cant win, Kass counters basically all of them.
He is an anti-mage for a reason. His passive lends itself to soaking some magic damage to give him survivability against some direct burst. However, he isn't immune to CC.

Quote:
And even if your going up against an adc After level 6, plain and simple he doesn't lose a match-up. Its extremely or never the less, almost impossible to gank him.
That's kind of the point of his ultimate: engage or disengage from a fight. If he is spamming it, he's going to oom himself very quickly, but deal some pretty mean damage if he walks into you. But it makes him slippery.

The part I put in bold isn't even English.

Quote:
And the riftwalk cast radius is bigger than flash? Thats pretty ridiculous.
It's an ultimate that allows him to do his job... Flash isn't a "get out of jail free" card that it used to be. You must really hate Akali's ult then.

Quote:
As a huge kassadin player, with countless 20+ kill games, I can safely say this guy is OP, plain and simple. I think either a rework or nerf is necessary.
You are far from a "huge kassadin player." I find that hard to believe. Actually, I don't believe it at all. KDA means absolutely nothing. His AP ratios are ~0.7ish with some CDs on them. If you're being fed a blue buff it alleviates a lot of the "downtime", but isn't a switch for godmode. Kassadin does require a little bit of timing to get in, do your job/assist, and get out. He is incredibly good at doing his job, but is a far cry from being OP. Assassins burst. Kassadin excels at punishing mistakes.