Tanks In LOL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wazupian

01-21-2013

Is it just me, or are tanks op, now wait before i get spammed the dislike bar. But in smite and Dota 2, tanks don't have massive burst or dps. Now again please give me nice feedback lol I find it sad that full tank team(troll team) actually can win. My least favorite champions in game are tanks and there banned in ranked and draft. Shoudln't tanks be tanks and dps champs do dps? Garen and my least favorite volibear especially are bad. Amumu is a lil bad with the damage based on percent of max hp. Maybe I'm just annoyed cuz i play ap or ad carries usually and they like to dive me first... Comments? By the way when i say op im obviously exaggerating

Nasulril

01-21-2013

No, tanks are not OP.
Tanky characters benefit from extra resistance or health regain, but this isn't to say that they're unkillable.

If you play an ADC or AP, there are items that can rip away %'s of HP in addition to normal damage. Build some slow into your auto-attack or spells to kite them easier. Maybe build an item like Maw of Malmortis if you're ADC, so you get damage and some MR, or Frozen Heart to have armor, HP, and mana. Don't focus on just pure damage items.

Likewise, consider NOT doing 21/9/0 all the time. Shift some extra points to defense, or use a defensive summoner spell like Shield or Heal instead of ignite. I've found Heal tends to be useful in helping your team in teamfights, rather than relying on Ignite to reduce 1 target's healing and maybe kill them if they're getting away.

Peligrad

01-21-2013

Tanks are actually a LOT stronger in Dota 2 than in LoL. Skill don't have damage ratios in Dota so you can build full hp and abuse base damage...

Where as in this game, your skill base damages are much lower, but have ratios.

Tanks took a big nerf in S3...you're just straight wrong about them being OP...

All the defensive stats are more expensive. Penetrations got more effective. %hp damage on items is more available...

Tanks are a lot weaker now...

So sorry...you just are a crappy carry player....tanks aren't the problem...its you...

I see so many complaints about Garen...Garen brings his team damage and damage soak...

That's it.

No CC. No utility. Just damage and damage soak.

So guess what...if you take away his damage....Garen doesn't do anything...

DarkenDragon

01-21-2013

the only reason why people believe tanks are op is because there are so many players who are tunnel visioned in their build and majority of the time its a very glass cannon build. they think if you can kill your opponent quickly you dont need to have any defense.

the problem with that thought is that tanky champions can with stand the attack and pure damage and then sustain longer. then it ends up being a battle of time. and tanks always win that fight.

also majority of the tanks are tanks because they have some sort of crowd control, a stun a snare or something. building glass cannon is only good if you can deal the damage, so even if your full hp against a team of low health champions, your still gonna lose if they are able to CC you and burst you down if you dont get your attack off first.

so the problem isnt tanks are OP, its the fact that many players dont know how to counter build, and this game is centered around it. look at all the items available, theres an item to counter almost every situation. and you just gotta figure out how to include it into your build. and also understand balance is always the key to winning, you cant go pure offense, or pure defense and expect to win.

pure offence = no defense and CC will destroy you. pure defense = no damage and thus can be ignored and you'll be focused last and finished off

A Pillòw

01-21-2013

Nautilus is just plain fun. Put support masteries on that fool and he's actually fast!

SethCypher

01-21-2013

I actually feel like tanks are even more stupid in DotA 2 and smite because the stupid amount of utility they have in comparison to LoL's tanks.

Wazupian

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
Tanks are actually a LOT stronger in Dota 2 than in LoL. Skill don't have damage ratios in Dota so you can build full hp and abuse base damage...

Where as in this game, your skill base damages are much lower, but have ratios.

Tanks took a big nerf in S3...you're just straight wrong about them being OP...

All the defensive stats are more expensive. Penetrations got more effective. %hp damage on items is more available...

Tanks are a lot weaker now...

So sorry...you just are a crappy carry player....tanks aren't the problem...its you...

I see so many complaints about Garen...Garen brings his team damage and damage soak...

That's it.

No CC. No utility. Just damage and damage soak.

So guess what...if you take away his damage....Garen doesn't do anything...
ever hear of positive feedback christ, i said i was over exaggerating, and i simply said this because i hate how sustain beats damage. Like semitanky teams dominate

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-21-2013

who are you calling a tank exactly

TheFriendlyUncle

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazupian View Post
Is it just me, or are tanks op, now wait before i get spammed the dislike bar. But in smite and Dota 2, tanks don't have massive burst or dps. Now again please give me nice feedback lol I find it sad that full tank team(troll team) actually can win. My least favorite champions in game are tanks and there banned in ranked and draft. Shoudln't tanks be tanks and dps champs do dps? Garen and my least favorite volibear especially are bad. Amumu is a lil bad with the damage based on percent of max hp. Maybe I'm just annoyed cuz i play ap or ad carries usually and they like to dive me first... Comments? By the way when i say op im obviously exaggerating
Now i am not sure what you mean by TANKS, the way i see it, if you itemize for tanking then u would do no damage. If you itemize for damage then u would be relatively squishy.

Few items in the game that actually offers both defense and offense stats.

If a Garen can dive through your whole team and reach the ad carry while building squishy and kill you with 1 rotation of spell, then either you or your team is doing something horribly wrong.

deadheld

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasulril View Post
No, tanks are not OP.
Tanky characters benefit from extra resistance or health regain, but this isn't to say that they're unkillable.

If you play an ADC or AP, there are items that can rip away %'s of HP in addition to normal damage. Build some slow into your auto-attack or spells to kite them easier. Maybe build an item like Maw of Malmortis if you're ADC, so you get damage and some MR, or Frozen Heart to have armor, HP, and mana. Don't focus on just pure damage items.

Likewise, consider NOT doing 21/9/0 all the time. Shift some extra points to defense, or use a defensive summoner spell like Shield or Heal instead of ignite. I've found Heal tends to be useful in helping your team in teamfights, rather than relying on Ignite to reduce 1 target's healing and maybe kill them if they're getting away.
So they are op because you don't like them?

Also garen is more of a bruiser.

Most tanks also bring a lot of utility To a team but are very weak in team play that's why you see them jungle.

Have you looked at the items in s3. Armor and mr are expensive. And armor pen is more effective now than ever and it's almost a no brainier to buy when it's in convenient items like the BC