Master yi nerfs? Red please explain to me.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KittyDollarTrees

01-20-2013

i have no idea why AP master yi is slated to receive a nerf.
For those who dont know about PBE changes, his ap ratio on heal is being reduced by 75 percent.

Master yi ranked statistics from lolking.net,

Mid lane win percentage = 41 percent.

better nerf? It would be nice if some red could tell me what in gods name the balancing team is doing nerfing a character with 41 percent win rate as AP, especially that much. How many players would nerfing his heal, which is a slow long term interruptable channel, really benefit? i would argue close to none.

Nerfing AP yi's meditate is like preventing bad players from learning how to deal with one of the most easy to stop moves in the game. not to mention, nerfing an easy to interrupt move on a character with a 41 percent win rate.

please rethink this. Or actually, to be perfectly realistic here...

think in general. Thanks

Skumbag Ryan

01-20-2013

You a Yi player trying to save his main?

Flamingo Season

01-20-2013

A character with that low of a winrate does not deserve a nerf.

Your King

01-20-2013

Umad?

KittyDollarTrees

01-20-2013

I am a yi player trying to save his main.
but seriously. the statistics show that ap yi is pretty unviable already. Why kick a dead dog? Why kick the only unique thing about him? especially by 75 percent!

UnblestDevotee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

AP Yi is over powered dude. Saying that his ult is long and interuptable you are forgetting the fact that an AP YI can easilly heal 2k damage and during the heal he gets 300 armor and magic resist. That's like having a Mundo's ult up every 30 or so seconds. It might as well be an improved Zonya's Hourglass. Plus why are you crying when the base heal for Yi is 700hp? When he heal is lowered to 50%AP ratio it will be balanced.

In all honesty I think they should just get rid of the armor and magic resist buff and let Yi have the heal stay where it is. Not like anyone can really kill him during the heal anyways, it's all about the after heal time.

FreeGothitelle

01-20-2013

If you think AP yi is overpowered you're simply a bad player who doesn't know how to handle him. I mean, just think for a bit, if yi was actually good you'd expect him to be banned at high elo/tournaments... or at least picked....ever, which he isn't.
It's literally just a case of "lrn2play scrub," yi is manageable and underpowered.
I don't ever play yi yet i can still see any nerf to his ap ratios is completely unwarrented and it's sad that riot are listening to complaints about him, and nerfing an already underpowered champion.

Flamingo Season

01-20-2013

If you think AP yi is OP, then you honestly just aren't very smart. He has a lot of exploitable weaknesses.

Master Bei Shun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

All these nerfs to AP Yi screws over the people who want to play him as AD or even Jungle. What's the point of nerfing his Meditate when a team comp in any ranked or normal play that has no CC gets punished because of not getting any hard CC's.

Additionally, Morellonomicon and Executioner's Calling allow him to be finished during his Meditate. If you don't shut him down in lane, he becomes a problem. But you can say the same for Vayne, Kog'Maw, Pantheon, Kassadin, Nidalee, Shaco, Akali, Shen, Dr. Mundo, Caitlyn, Ashe, Morgana, Brand, Malzahar, etc.

Should they all get nerfed because they are unstoppable when fed enough?

KittyDollarTrees

01-20-2013

ap yi is over powered you say? becase he heals too much?

since when is healing on a character with 1400 health and fighting in MELEE range ever OP? since when is giving him the most interruptable and preventable defensive mechanic of any melee ap champ in the game considered too strong? since when is healing 600 hp on a champion with 1400 health ever going to be that useful in a team fight?

seriously...