Thanks for turning BFT into a one slot build, Nome

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

naotasan

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
What? Why wouldn't it? If you aren't getting 35% cdr from having both then that is a pretty big bug.
I assumed that because they both build from the codec and that the codec has a unique cdr passive that it doesn't work with another item with a codec prerequisite

NamKim

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
I assumed that because they both build from the codec and that the codec has a unique cdr passive that it doesn't work with another item with a codec prerequisite
Yesterday I was playing a custom game with Nasus (I bought him awhile back, never used him so I was curious what his playing style was like...but that I mean getting 200+ stacks on my Q huehuehue).

Anyways, Ghostblade and Black Cleaver's CDR stacks even though they both come from the Brutalizer. Test it out in a custom game and see if your CDR goes up. I would...but, I already procrastinated enough this weekend...I'm already screwed for classes tomorrow...Damn you Gandair, stop being so awesome at commentating!!1!

Talith PA

01-20-2013

Quote:
Like brutalizer and kindlegem, it prevents you from stacking codecs for CDR. If you upgrade a codec and buy another codec the CDR will stack. The only thing you need to watch out for are named unique passives like phage items or guise.

DiscworldDeath

01-20-2013

Codices.

Talith pls.

(The singular is "Codex", we're not talking video codecs here.)

Tortferngatr

01-20-2013

It isn't a must-have item anymore.

I still get it on Syndra (poke+damage+CDR), but on Orianna I'm not going to go for it (she's a support mage with so many more cost-effective options.)

Incidentally, will there be a Plate of the Warmage equivalent for TT/Dom? It seems like an interesting midgame Armor/AP item.

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

There's really nothing wrong even if every ap mage has to buy BFT.

It's like saying there's a problem with bloodthirster for ad carries in SR.

Volandum

01-20-2013

Well, now that you mention it, I really miss Executioner's Calling for my AD Carries.

Phourc

01-20-2013

Quote:
They should stack. I have noticed my character screen acting weird, try checking it after you've died and respawned - mine often doesn't update until then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
Well, now that you mention it, I really miss Executioner's Calling for my AD Carries.
This x100.

OxBaker

01-20-2013

BTW, they just nerfed BFT in the PBE again. No more mana regen. They also dropped the mana regen from the Codex.

I don't mind the nerf, just wish they would have reduced the price a bit to compensate.

CallMeTaste

01-21-2013

Oh the insight of the community... Since when do you build BFT for mp/5 or 20% CDR? All these added stats and costs to BFT are nerfs to the item. Can u guys even remember what BFT was supposed to address?

I'll give u a guess. It wasn't for CDR.

BFT was supposed to address the trouble AP casters were having with bruisers that forced you to build glass to put enough dmg on them or meet their innate tanky-ness forcing you to put out much less damage in comparison to bruisers in the early/mid game where AP is supposed to be at their strongest . Initially, BFT did that wonderfully. But because the way the item worked with DoT spells, it pushed the strength of certain champs like Teemo.

So the result is a set of heavy nerfs to BFT that has made the item unfavorable for the role it was supposed to accomplish (which is to counter the beefy bruisers). The 4k investment hurts as we consider APs building the item during the early game / mid game. And as it currently goes, there is much better itemization alternatives. If I wanted mp/5, there is AA and AUG. If I wanted CD then Sweeper/Ionia/Masteries/Runes. If I wanted AP then DFG and Woogets.

As it stands, BFT tries to do too much for what the item is supposed to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortferngatr View Post
It isn't a must-have item anymore.

I still get it on Syndra (poke+damage+CDR), but on Orianna I'm not going to go for it (she's a support mage with so many more cost-effective options.)
Incidentally, I find it is more valuable on light support-oriented AP due to the stats, whereas stronger AP benefits from getting faster AP in DFG/Woogets/Sweeper/Blasting Wand build paths.