Trials for new Mid!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CBG BaseTunic

01-20-2013

The team and i have been looking for a new mid player for season 4 preparation.
To asses who fits our criteria we have organised a 1v1 tournament.

People who meet our requirements well be trialed 5v5 situations.

RULES.
1.Who ever achieves First blood or destroys the first tower wins.
2.1v1 mid lane only.
3.Only mid champs.
4.Best out of 3.

Cash prize is.to be our new mid and have a chance to become pro.

TIME and DATE.

1/26/13 to 1/27/13 time 10am CST.

Requirements.

Must have at least 700 wins worth of experience.

Must be over 18 years of age to join.

SUMMONER'S NAME'S.
Team captain-Aelithe
Top lane-basetunic
Adc-ithius7
Support-HO3zingtOn
Mid-?????

Map.Summoner's Rift.

Please contact basetunic for any inquiries

Pads

01-20-2013

this is dumb for so many reasons oh my god
1. 1v1's don't mean anything. This is a team game half of it is map awareness and knowing where to be when to be there and none of that is present in a 1v1.
2. First blood or first tower? You realize there's certain champs that stomp others early game but are weak late game? So if I lock-in Leblanc, open Doran's with a straight AP rune page, get 0 cs and only attack the enemy champion, eventually killing him, that makes me the better player? Lol....
3. 700 Wins WTF? To be experienced at this game you have to have played ****LOAD of it? I only have about 400 wins and i guarantee I'm better than a ton of people with 700 wins.

You basically just proved that you know nothing about this game. Who would want to join your team

CBG BaseTunic

01-20-2013

Oh i know who you are you are that kid who lost to my friend and said you are 15 right and you said you want to drop out of mid school soo you can play lol. its still no srry i hope you have fun with droping out of middle school.

Pads

01-20-2013

im 21 and i would never tryout for a team that knows this little about the game

Queeebly

01-20-2013

Sorry but I agree with YAdunnoe, this type of this does not test a players skill in League. His point about some people being better early game is completely true. Its just not a very well made tournament.

adc

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAdunnoe View Post
this is dumb for so many reasons oh my god
1. 1v1's don't mean anything. This is a team game half of it is map awareness and knowing where to be when to be there and none of that is present in a 1v1.
2. First blood or first tower? You realize there's certain champs that stomp others early game but are weak late game? So if I lock-in Leblanc, open Doran's with a straight AP rune page, get 0 cs and only attack the enemy champion, eventually killing him, that makes me the better player? Lol....
3. 700 Wins WTF? To be experienced at this game you have to have played ****LOAD of it? I only have about 400 wins and i guarantee I'm better than a ton of people with 700 wins.

You basically just proved that you know nothing about this game. Who would want to join your team
I agree with your first two points, but to your third point - generally more experience equals a better player. If you have a player with 1k wins and a player with 500, chances are the first player is going to be better than the second.

Akimasu

01-20-2013

Probably not my place, as I am a relatively low end player compared to some of these guys, but I had put some thought into this, and I came to the conclusion that a 5v5, with all people you know of equal, or similar skill and constant ganks on mid would be one of the best shows of skills.

Also a best of 5, 1 playing against someone who counters you, one playing against someone who you counter, 2 alternating first picks, and a tie breaker in however you prefer. This shows how people capitalize on a clear cut advantage, how people handle a clear cut disadvantage, how people pick when given freedom and knowledge of what the enemy will pick, and a tie breaker up to the discression of the main player.

This is how I planned to recruit people, but I'm still a few months off from being good enough to try to be serious on this game. Best of luck to you recruiting, and I personally think your current method is pretty terrible. :x

ZanTwilight

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
I agree with your first two points, but to your third point - generally more experience equals a better player. If you have a player with 1k wins and a player with 500, chances are the first player is going to be better than the second.
Key word is "generally". Although not quite as good as the other two points, it is true that a lot of really good players have less than 700 wins (which, when you think about it, is a pretty huge number).

Pads

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
obviously the more someone has played a game the better their knowledge will be
I'm just saying its a dumb REQUIREMENT. There are plenty of people like me that are just good at games in general and pick them up really fast, thus no need to win 700 games.

CBG BaseTunic

01-20-2013

I might be wrong with this.But the new support on the curse team won 1v1 tournament and now it's there new support.if someone wins this 1v1 tournament i know they can 1v1. Season 4 is going to start in a year. So if i know this person will be good then i know he can win his lane.This whole 1v1 tournament is proving us he can join our rank team. This tournament is for our mid and we can work together.+ if we get some random dude we cant just say he is good.True they can get counter but what are they going to do if they are going to get counter in tournament this well make them better and see what they can do when they get counted. People can go LeBlanc mid and get up in high bracket but there someone out there who can beat her no matter what she does. We know 1v1 doesn't mean anything. But if we know you can hold your lane with these counters on you then you are good. People like YAdunnoe try to be in our team and lose there chance because they didn't want to listen to the team Captain and they lost there lane. So now he is mad at the team.Just because we didn't let him in our rank team.Now all he can do is troll our team.But any ways if you are not going to join or not going to say something nice just don't say nothing at all it well save you time and other people times too.