League of Legends and DotA 2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Forum Use Only

04-26-2012

LoL has it's own failures too. The addition of summoner spells was horrible game design which could have been removed relatively early but it's way too late into the game to get rid of a terrible design flaw.

Pistol Girl

04-26-2012

DENY sucks...

Vrouge

04-27-2012

It's like comparing a poem to a pop song.

Aircross

04-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Girl View Post
DENY sucks...
Creep equilibrium.

Look it up.

Magikarp Liam

04-27-2012

This is the most beautiful post i've ever seen on these forums.

Ordosan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiiru View Post
I agree, the play style is much different. I don't really view the heroes in DotA as 'OP' when compared to each other. Maybe I'm just used to it.

I'm glad you find the game enjoyable although it's a bit disappointing that you feel the community is worse. I've found the community in DotA 2 to be a lot better than the trash that is B.net or League's feisty community.
opps. sorry didnt mean to put dota 2. words just kept flowing. not that there all bad. its just when you get stuck with old dota players that assume you should know every inch of the game already. makes a person lose confidence.

MrScythe

12-10-2012

Oh god, I finally found a thread that involves dota 2 and isn't downvoted to no end! I've played probably 600 or so games of League, but then Dota 2 came out, I tried it, and I switched to Dota 2. I wanted to see if the forums were having some huge arguments about the 2, and they were.
Don't get me wrong, I liked playing League, but raging players who spam chat after you lose FB drove me away.
The skill cap and learning curve in Dota 2 is definently higher than in Lol (imo anyway). After playing around 200 games of Dota 2, I think I can say that Lol was made to have shorter matches, but still making it as fun as Dota is. There is alot of variety between the two though. I just liked alot of features that Dota 2 has that League doesn't. (the PAUSE, more micro, leaver system, more items that have an active/click to use effect.)

Nick

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiiru View Post
DotA is a bit more complex and hard and is nice when I need to scratch that itch League just can't seem to reach.
Bam. This in a nutshell. There's an itch that Dota reaches that LoL doesn't. I can't really place my finger on it, but what I can say is that Dota has a bunch of opportunities throughout the entire game for me to make plays that make me feel badass on almost every hero. LoL kind of caps out with melting someone after farming well or getting a nice steal on Baron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falleth View Post
-How is VOIP fun when 12 yo ****ers yell at everyone all the time?
I think CoD gives VOIP a bad name. VOIP in Dota 2 has been a huge boon. Having simple click communication is really convenient. Sometimes calling an MIA or trying to answer a question to someone via keyboard will make you miss precious last hits. More importantly, it kind of humanizes the people you play with. They aren't silent entities, either sucking or helping you win. They are people.

I get a lot of adds in Dota 2 because I interact with people as friends. When I give advice on VOIP, people can hear my sincerity. A lot of times text makes you seem condescending. As such they respond with equal sincerity. When I criticize, the receiver can tell that I'm not actually angry with them, or think them as a bad player. They know I thought the play was bad, not the player. When I make a mistake, they can hear my disappointment in my own decision making, and really don't need to rage at me further. I've had people burst out laughing after I screwed up with terrible blink initiation while crying "I IMMEDIATELY REGRET THIS DECISION!" There's a lot you lose to text, and I really don't think a couple 12 year olds is worth losing out on that.

Surfing Cat

01-19-2013

LoL aesthetics are just better. A lot of people think just cause Dota2 is a copy/paste of DotA with better graphics makes it good, NOT. I played DotA for like 5 years and then Dota2 came out. Man, it just doesn't feel like you're hitting a player, sure is all fancy and nice and darky, but man that little shed of blood in warcraft 3 when you hit enemies, W3 is full of little details like that, and these designers just didn't knew, Blizzard had master designers (in that time) behind. Aside from that LoL champions are much much much more characterized, you know their lore, their personalities, and god just compare the meme's and joke of the LoL community and DotA's. Letting Gameplay aside, style, characterization, lore, better conceptual champions, and every single ability of that champions builds to the image of itself. That's why I preffer LoL,

Eggimannd

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfing Cat View Post
LoL aesthetics are just better. A lot of people think just cause Dota2 is a copy/paste of DotA with better graphics makes it good, NOT. I played DotA for like 5 years and then Dota2 came out. Man, it just doesn't feel like you're hitting a player, sure is all fancy and nice and darky, but man that little shed of blood in warcraft 3 when you hit enemies, W3 is full of little details like that, and these designers just didn't knew, Blizzard had master designers (in that time) behind. Aside from that LoL champions are much much much more characterized, you know their lore, their personalities, and god just compare the meme's and joke of the LoL community and DotA's. Letting Gameplay aside, style, characterization, lore, better conceptual champions, and every single ability of that champions builds to the image of itself. That's why I preffer LoL,
After reading this I'm 100% sure you either have not played Dota 2 or played it to a very minimum amount.

"Man, it just doesn't feel like you're hitting a player, sure is all fancy and nice and darky"

That doesn't mean anything at all. It's the kind of comment a 10 year old would give on their review of the game.

"but man that little shed of blood in warcraft 3 when you hit enemies, W3 is full of little details like that"

Here's proof you have not played Dota 2. Dota 2 is extremely detailed. More so than LoL could ever hope to be. Every spell is well detailed/animated and have great effects. They did an amazing job for it.

"Aside from that LoL champions are much much much more characterized, you know their lore, their personalities"

No you don't. It's the same **** as Dota 2. Who the **** will know what is the lore/personality for a random champion in LoL if they don't actually read through their profile? No one. Really dumb point.

"Letting Gameplay aside, style, characterization, lore, better conceptual champions, and every single ability of that champions builds to the image of itself."

All of these points can be turned around. I prefer the gameplay in Dota 2. I think the champions in Dota 2 are much more varied than in LoL and the ablities are a million times more interesting.

TL : DR You haven't played Dota 2 for more than 5-10 games.