Matchmaking Changes [1-16-2013]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ehlo

01-19-2013

Riot seems to not want to comment about being matched up with a toxic team who does not know what to do or how to play. (OR THE WANT TO KNOW OR WANT TO PLAY, SOME WONT EVEN REPLY)
I just had a teemo who just sat in brushes and watched me play top the whole match, bar the few times i died and he came out to try finish the enemy under the tower, also dying.

This has become a regular occurrence, I have posted multiple times trying to get your attention about it and many other people having the same issue, in the few times i have connected to the types of games I'm used too playing or a non-team-working team with only one other player who knows what he/she is doing, since said patch, I took the time to ask if they had any of the same experiences at least one person in each match I asked said it has gotten worse over the last couple of days,
Keep in mind I didn't mention there was a matchmaking change until after they told me what they thought.

I do not understand where all these bad players and people who don't want to work together are suddenly coming from,
influx of people who played against AI?
Who knows..
Riot probably, but they haven't mentioned anything about that specific issue.
Infact its ignored.

greywolf00

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

So far this new system has been awful. Just had a game where Kat called top and after going into game duos mid and yells at our jungler for not going top. I don't mind losing when you throw or get outplayed, but this new system is making the games so pointlessly unenjoyable I'd rather spend my time, and money, elsewhere.

ehlo

01-19-2013

Riot pls respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaksaux View Post
Riot seems to not want to comment about being matched up with a toxic team who does not know what to do or how to play. (OR THE WANT TO KNOW OR WANT TO PLAY, SOME WONT EVEN REPLY)
I just had a teemo who just sat in brushes and watched me play top the whole match, bar the few times i died and he came out to try finish the enemy under the tower, also dying.

This has become a regular occurrence, I have posted multiple times trying to get your attention about it and many other people having the same issue, in the few times i have connected to the types of games I'm used too playing or a non-team-working team with only one other player who knows what he/she is doing, since said patch, I took the time to ask if they had any of the same experiences at least one person in each match I asked said it has gotten worse over the last couple of days,
Keep in mind I didn't mention there was a matchmaking change until after they told me what they thought.

I do not understand where all these bad players and people who don't want to work together are suddenly coming from,
influx of people who played against AI?
Who knows..
Riot probably, but they haven't mentioned anything about that specific issue.
Infact its ignored.

50West

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywolf00 View Post
So far this new system has been awful. Just had a game where Kat called top and after going into game duos mid and yells at our jungler for not going top. I don't mind losing when you throw or get outplayed, but this new system is making the games so pointlessly unenjoyable I'd rather spend my time, and money, elsewhere.
Unfortunately this is true.

Lunie

01-19-2013

I don't mind the queue times, but it's hard to tell whether what you say it is intended to do is actually taking effect.

Creshnibon

01-19-2013

This system seems a bit iffy to me. If you've had a streak of bad luck and lose several games in a row, you'd be match with teammates who usually play at that lower skill bracket and thus perpetuate the losing streak. I don't know if anyone has posted about this before... but i've been on a losing streak before and its incredibly difficult to climb back up from the 1300-1400s elo range. The players at that bracket don't work well and most of the time don't know very much about what they're doing. I feel like implementing this matchmaking system will just make things worse.

CloudRoga

01-19-2013

Excellent Love it!

RexCarlos

01-19-2013

Hey Lyte are you going to be looking at the number and quality of reports too?

The imbalance of experience i found often caused a lot of problems when lower experienced players frustrated those who had played a lot more and vice versa. As someone who's played most of my games ~1200 this is often the source of a lot of problems resulting in neg attitude, verbal abuse, feeding, afk, refusing to communicate etc.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if reports took a dip.

CrazedPorcupine

01-19-2013

I'm constantly getting matched up with people of lower skill than me. This is just causing me to lose more and more. My Win:loss ratio is going down the toilet. I used to be up about 40 games, now i'm down to 30 over and its just going down and down and down.

Raptoreyes

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryios View Post
Language checks would be harder. Most people that que and speak spanish know english and choose not to speak it.

What I think they should do is add a language selection to your profile, then use something like google translate.

So if I have english checked and someone on my team has spanish checked then when I type something the translator should convert it to spanish for the guy that speaks spanish and everyone that speaks english would see what I typed without the translate, and vice versa.

It's not perfect, but

"doing good you are"
makes more sense to me than
¿Está haciendo el bien //which might be wrong (translated)...
This WOULD be a good idea if google translate was a mature technology. As things stand now the translator is very very bad. Look up "Back Stroke of the West" on youtube for more detail on just how horrendusly bad the google machine translate can be. Star Wars Episode 3 was translated to Chinese using google translate and then translated back to English. The results were comedy GOLD. If google translate gets better we could review your idea as its a good idea in a world where the technology is not an object of trolldom.