Tribunal at it's best ! I challenge EVERY RED to justify this punished report card.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracorya

01-16-2013

Its more of why should people assume that Riot has to TELL US if they've had to apologize to a person? Geez people, have some faith.

Quitch

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This case actually was manually overturned way back in mid-December and an apology was sent to the player.
Thank you for being the only one to actually answer what happened lol. I figured that since nobody was talking about it any more somebody had done something (the community doesn't let something die until they are satisfied in one way or another), but I was unable to find the solution after utilizing Google to find all "leagueoflegends.com" instances for this case's URL.

SoresuMakashi

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
Is this the first time you've been able to say that in one of these threads?
He's admitted to it before, you know, and I'm sure he also overturns cases behind the scenes. It just doesn't happen on the forums very often because most Tribunal complaint threads aren't legitimate upon close inspection.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

01-16-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
Is this the first time you've been able to say such a thing in one of these threads?
3rd time in hundred thousands of cases--every time we make sure to send an apology and make it right with the player. It's certainly not OK when this inevitably happens, no matter how rare it is.

Super Explosion

01-16-2013

Quote:
3rd time in hundred thousands of cases--every time we make sure to send an apology and make it right with the player. It's certainly not OK when this inevitably happens, no matter how rare it is.
But, but! That means my post wasn't the first after the first.

It's okay, I'll content with first of third, given how joyously rare it is.

Lebanese rambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

i joined the tribunal last year but was wondering if members of the tribunal had to justify the decision they made. i find that people report a player, say offensive language but there is none. after checking the case review, majority still punished and i was incorrect.

the questions is, can you punished a player for an offense that was not reported even if there is evidence of the offense?

another is, is it possible to make members of the tribunal justify there decision?

swan2swan

01-17-2013

That was actually quite fascinating; I read through the entirety of the case and couldn't figure out how to punish it. And it turned out that the OP was right. Good job!

Of course, Riot was two steps ahead--Tribunal working as intended!

Gsniper

01-18-2013

Quote:

Can we please have a staff/team sit down, have a meeting and revamp tribunal, because even tho cases THIS obvious, don't appear very often, its the subliminal workings in the system that can do the very thing that we are trying to prevent, "intoxicating the community"

CocoaBeware

01-18-2013

Quote:
lie more lyte... funny how u never post actual pages with actual stats ( not the reform card) actual riot data.... jus keep fleecing us u fukin thief. jus cause u post it its gospel?. ive played 5k+ games since beta mfer lyte and afks was the vast majority of the prob b4 tribunal u have leaver buster but yet tribunal exists really? in all those match .. after tribunal came into play the quality of the community has went straight to ****. but hey our government rules us b/c the vast majority of the public has no moral compass or values. anything as long as it gets them what they want and thats how this country has become fukt. so u have a similar system in play it breeds disorder and there is money involved aka your growing profits off the bunk system so gj riot and any other fukers workin to steal from the public hats of to your fukin scam

CocoaBeware

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoaBeware View Post
lie more lyte... funny how u never post actual pages with actual stats ( not the reform card) actual riot data.... jus keep fleecing us u fukin thief. jus cause u post it its gospel?. ive played 5k+ games since beta mfer lyte and afks was the vast majority of the prob b4 tribunal u have leaver buster but yet tribunal exists really? in all those match .. after tribunal came into play the quality of the community has went straight to ****. but hey our government rules us b/c the vast majority of the public has no moral compass or values. anything as long as it gets them what they want and thats how this country has become fukt. so u have a similar system in play it breeds disorder and there is money involved aka your growing profits off the bunk system so gj riot and any other fukers workin to steal from the public hats of to your fukin scam
also i bet u were a time out child that would xplain alot