If you are wondering why you got banned (come here first before posting)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

themaddscientist

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knock X3 Penny View Post
I guess I don't understand how our good human nature does not extend into a game involving other people. Could you explain further?
I think what he was trying to say is that the root problem to raging and ending up banned is also perhaps the result of an unhappy life outside of League of Legends. There is a lot to take into consideration as to what makes us a good/bad person, many of them which we can't control. I know that some people come to the game to burn off steam, which is the exact wrong thing you want to do.

Actually, that is another thing that needs to be added. Are you in a good mood before you are going into a game, and if not, why? Can you fix that issue so that you don't rage? If so, then great. If not, learn to work around it.

PenguinKillBear

01-18-2013

this is fantastic.

Rueian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

Its whatever... everyone hates me anyway... and as far as riot or the community is concerned i'm a lost cause.
Really makes a person feel good...

Doct0r Phil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaddscientist View Post
I think what he was trying to say is that the root problem to raging and ending up banned is also perhaps the result of an unhappy life outside of League of Legends. There is a lot to take into consideration as to what makes us a good/bad person, many of them which we can't control. I know that some people come to the game to burn off steam, which is the exact wrong thing you want to do.

Actually, that is another thing that needs to be added. Are you in a good mood before you are going into a game, and if not, why? Can you fix that issue so that you don't rage? If so, then great. If not, learn to work around it.
I think this is a great point and I'll add that to the list.

In regards to what you said, I completely understand that there is more to a person's behavior than how they behave in this game. Even if someone has a rough day at work, with friends, or a partner .... It doesn't justify their behaviors in this game. I guess my post is a hope that they can recognize their own behaviors as opposed to what else is going on.

Maturity is defined by perspective. The more perspective a person has....the more mature they will be. Wise people see beyond themselves (especially the tough stuff).

RossumEcho

01-18-2013

bump

Zachrin

01-18-2013

Thumbs up on this post, this really needs to be looked at by some reds and stickied.

RossumEcho

01-18-2013

You should add "post your reform card."

Doct0r Phil

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossumEcho View Post
You should add "post your reform card."
Totally forgot about that.

Doct0r Phil

01-19-2013

Anything else you guys feel should be added :-)

themaddscientist

07-10-2013

bump