Is failure to communicate aka talking in chat bannable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

6T9R

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

due to unskilled having a this is unbannable thing over it i was curious if this is a bannable offence

magooomba

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6T9R View Post
due to unskilled having a this is unbannable thing over it i was curious if this is a bannable offence
I think it's generally understood at this point that reports for lack of communication do not make it into the Tribunal, similar to reports for unskilled player.

KineticSkink

01-17-2013

I've seen the report type mixed in with other types, but yet to see a whole case based on actually failing to communicate.

6T9R

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

thanks guys

Fudouri

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KineticSkink View Post
I've seen the report type mixed in with other types, but yet to see a whole case based on actually failing to communicate.
Really?
I have never seen it in reports when I judge, and looking at data (which only shows most common reporting reason, haven't seen it in 14k cases).

I actually started assuming it doesn't get into tribunal.

Shelzin

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudouri View Post
Really?
I have never seen it in reports when I judge, and looking at data (which only shows most common reporting reason, haven't seen it in 14k cases).

I actually started assuming it doesn't get into tribunal.
I've seen the report comments say "refusing to communicate with the team" but never a case via Riot sanctioned.

I've never seen anyone banned for that. *shrugs* Doesn't mean it's not happened. Just I haven't seen it or taken notice of it in 1k+ cases. Given that you are on 14k... Yeah... Makes me wonder as well.