Define "numerous"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arushni

01-07-2013

Ok, I retract what I said earlier about this player being banned. I did a little more research, since I was just going off a post on another forum. Supposedly this player was banned December 23rd 2011, and the post linked to a Riot post, but it had no mention of the player being banned at all, only temporarily suspended. Furthermore, this player has appeared in tournaments as recent as December 2012, so apparently he has not been banned permanently, and the "has been suspended numerous times" thing still stands.

And I suppose it doesn't hurt to say the persons name; I'm talking about saintvicious.

Can someone confirm/deny this ban?

Ultimately, if this player is still allowed to roam free, despite being a "toxic player", then I really see no reason why many of the currently permabanned players (on the 3 strike rule) need stay that way. It's unfair to a vast majority of people who may have done wrong in the past and are currently paying for it. They should be given a reprieve at the least, so they are given the chance to reform in the present knowing that they can be permabanned for their actions.

Arushni

01-16-2013

So, I opened a case to ask about this, and I just got a run around about it for 10 days. I'm pretty much convinced this guy is allowed to do what he does because he is "in the spotlight". Guy I was talking to straight up lied to me, too, saying he was never banned/suspended before, but a quick google search proved him wrong.

So, basically, if you want to get away from the Tribunal and be a total dork all the time, just create multiple accounts and troll until you get your two strikes, then move on to another and continue the process indefinitely. Riot won't do anything about it, and if they do, you can just point them here to argue it.

KimKelley

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arushni View Post

So, basically, if you want to get away from the Tribunal and be a total dork all the time, just create multiple accounts and troll until you get your two strikes, then move on to another and continue the process indefinitely. Riot won't do anything about it, and if they do, you can just point them here to argue it.

Yep. Sucks. Not much can be done about it that wouldn't be wildly inappropriate.

Lord Ferret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimKelley View Post
Yep. Sucks. Not much can be done about it that wouldn't be wildly inappropriate.
Not true really. With the Iwilldominate case all of his current accounts where perm banned. And he was no longer able to play in any tournies for this next year.

Thus they know who you are and if you are toxic a lot on other accounts. They will ban all your accounts if you do it enough. So no there is no way around it. Riot has trolls working for them and they know how trolls work.

Arushni

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimKelley View Post
That wouldn't really bother me if it wasn't for the fact that hundreds, if not thousands, of accounts have been banned because they are not "sneaky" about being offensive. That's basically saying that it's ok for my other account to be banned for trolling, but it's not ok for the guy that trolls on several accounts and gets away with it because he does it across all of them.

RossumEcho

01-16-2013

I don't think so. They banned a pro player last month IWillDominate if you check it out, they pretty much ended his career. They even posted a thread on it

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2864421

Added note: Yeah i heard that too. Riot knows about it. Last week on LCS stream I heard either Leeman or Phreak (can't remember which....sorry) say how saintvicious does have a temper.

But the example with IWD could maybe shed some light on this.

EDIT: Found link to Saintvicious suspension:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1623669

Arushni

01-17-2013

Uh, excuse me?

Quote:
IWillDominate has been in Tribunal nine times and punished eight times, including the most recent permanent ban. He has a persistent record of in-game harassment, verbal abuse, offensive language and negative attitude.
That is 5 more times than my other account got. That is 5 more times than most players get, probably. How is that fair again?

Fudouri

01-17-2013

its mulitple accounts....

Arushni

01-17-2013

Oh, so we're back to the "is it fair to let someone be an ass many times among many different accounts" thing. Sorry, does not compute. If you're going to set a standard, you need to keep to that standard. If said player is being toxic a dozen times across 4 different accounts, then punishment should be applied to -all- accounts used in said offense, and at the same length of "leeway" as everyone else is given (in this case, 3 strikes and you're out). These players are taking advantage of the system, while there are thousands of players out there that were not given half the chance these people are (3 strikes vs 8 strikes?). Fair it is not.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arushni View Post
Oh, so we're back to the "is it fair to let someone be an ass many times among many different accounts" thing. Sorry, does not compute. If you're going to set a standard, you need to keep to that standard. If said player is being toxic a dozen times across 4 different accounts, then punishment should be applied to -all- accounts used in said offense. These players are taking advantage of the system, while there are thousands of players out there that were not given half the chance these people are. Fair it is not.
Riot don't link accounts together nor link punishment on accounts, but they do sometimes link punishments to other account if the other account has been in the Tribunal.

Is it fair that someone gets more chances before being permabanned?No, but it's not a single account incurring all of the punishments.