@Xypherous: When would you want Atma's impaler??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loulou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrippLeDeJonny View Post
You must be new...

Atmogs... used to be #1 build in the game

untill they nerfed it from 2%
Let's see http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Atma's_Impaler

Atma used to be 1.5%, and it was considered overpowered then nerfed to 1.5% again.
It's an item built on a slippery top; once you move it, it snowballs.

SonsofaBastages

01-17-2013

As for the crit question, it combos well with Triforce and Youmuu's.

Since the frozen fist and new cleaver came out these items are somewhat overlooked, but I expect to see more of them once the hype over the new items dies down a bit (The Cleaver is still a bit strong for it's versatility and the TF is too costly considering you can just get an AoE version for 1K less, but I'm hoping these issues will be addressed before too long)

Loulou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenithZephyr View Post
You don't get to pick and choose which stats you want. Otherwise you'd just pump gold directly into stats and there'd be no items.

You want ad? You only got 45 ad on your champ with warmogs? k you must be yi but we'll go with it. You still get the armor. I hear armor is good when you have a lot of health. You still get the crit. I hear crit is good when you wanted ad to begin with.

The item might not be custom tailored to your champ but the item is still solid and at 2% it was the best item in the game.
The main issue is crit chance is useless for bruisers or tanks in season3. Even in season 2, it shined when it has 2% hp ratio converted to AD, but not for its crit chance.

thumbnail9

01-17-2013

I Buy it after warmogs and sunfire when I need a little bit more armor but don't need to stack anymore HP. It makes a good round up item if you pair it with another offensive item like BC, LW, BT; it doesn't really matter.

If you go vs double bruiser I would actually suggest it so you hit the point where your damage and tankiness beats their damage. At 3.4k hp you still get around 50 AD.

Sybil Cut

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loulou View Post
Atma's impaler must be somewhere wrong, when it has 1% use rate and 60+% winrate.
There's this age old adage you'd be good to learn
Correlation doesn't imply causation

bruce ıee

01-17-2013

I'd be interested to see how it works on a bruiser Rengar. He has enough attack speed to utilize crit chance, and of course the AD and armor work well on him.

Jesus the Friend

01-17-2013

People saying it's "extremely efficient" are morons.

Atma's is one of the most gold inefficient items in the game.

LolSpinal

01-17-2013

I build it because Garen.

Your Persona

01-17-2013

I feel the only person who can actually use all its stats is Garen, but he's better off with SotD and Infinity Edge for his crit chance needs.

Loulou

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbnail9 View Post
I Buy it after warmogs and sunfire when I need a little bit more armor but don't need to stack anymore HP. It makes a good round up item if you pair it with another offensive item like BC, LW, BT; it doesn't really matter.

If you go vs double bruiser I would actually suggest it so you hit the point where your damage and tankiness beats their damage. At 3.4k hp you still get around 50 AD.
Imagine you're a mana based bruiser and you have about 2.5k to spend.
Will you buy Atma's imapler or Glacial shroud plus Sheen or Warden?
Glacial shroud's CDR is too good unless you're Garen.