Unable to start game at all since last patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EightMegsOnly

01-17-2013

AIR client is fine. But when I start a game it crashes immediately, does not even reach the loading screen. Any attempts to reconnect crashes too. Tried repairing client, still crashes. Help, can't play the game at all now.

Ectshakeau

01-17-2013

When I click the Orange Play button the screen disapears , I dont even see the log in screen or riot icon.

EightMegsOnly

01-17-2013

Just did a virus scan - no problems there either.

EightMegsOnly

01-17-2013

Works fine on my Win7 machine, fails on my XP machine. But when I copy the LoL directory from Win7 there onto my XP machine - the new copy of LoL still fails the exact same way. Unable to play LoL properly since Win7 is a non gaming machine.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-17-2013

Quote:
But when I start a game it crashes immediately,
Can you go over exactly what happens?

Does it crash in queue? Champion select? Loading screen? right when you enter the game?

Do you get any error messages?

shemp117

01-17-2013

I have had a similar experience to this when playing CO-OP vs. AI (not sure if it only happens then), but what happens is that as soon as champion select is finished and the loading screen would appear it just doesn't. No bugsplat or errors simply the loading screen never comes up. I have tried a repair with no success also.

Shumatsu

01-17-2013

I have tried reinstalling and only gotten MORE issues... this patch, from all the reports I see, has seriously messed up the game as a whole, and needs to be reverted until Riot can figure out what is causing so many problems.

EightMegsOnly

01-17-2013

Quote:
Can you go over exactly what happens?
Pretty much as shemp describes, I finish champ select and instead of reaching the loading screen it just crashes with the generic windows error dialog box. No bug splat, nothing interesting in the logs. If I exit the Pvp.net client and login again, I get the reconnect button, but crash again as soon as I click it. Strangely, if I login to one of my alts, I get an error message saying my main is still in a game, and I can't start a new game.

Only started happening since last nights patch, no problems like this before. Patch is the only difference, I haven't installed any new software, etc.

Neo Larin

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightMegsOnly View Post
Pretty much as shemp describes, I finish champ select and instead of reaching the loading screen it just crashes with the generic windows error dialog box. No bug splat, nothing interesting in the logs. If I exit the Pvp.net client and login again, I get the reconnect button, but crash again as soon as I click it. Strangely, if I login to one of my alts, I get an error message saying my main is still in a game, and I can't start a new game.

Only started happening since last nights patch, no problems like this before. Patch is the only difference, I haven't installed any new software, etc.

same issue! i dont want to be banned for afk

Franck

01-17-2013

same here....