Why is Goth Annie AWESOME and Silver Kayle just a recolour?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swanky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFarlong View Post
Think of the people who bought Magnificent Twisted Fate or Red Baron Corki, they don't get equal treatment. It's not fair, but it's the way it is sadly.
Its a similar issue i know, but they did get Refunded half the price of their skins. Taking them to what? 910RP?

And for both of those skins the suggestions were more along the line of Voice Over and Animtions where im just pushing for a blue particles and the Chinese Splash Art introduced.

LadySilvara

01-17-2013

They got refunded because Legendary skins aren't supposed to go on sale ever, not because of the quality.
And they really should at least change the splash for Silver Kayle to the Chinese version...

Swanky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySilvara View Post
They got refunded because Legendary skins aren't supposed to go on sale ever, not because of the quality.
And they really should at least change the splash for Silver Kayle to the Chinese version...
Well you could look of it that way, be the fact that they retired in the first place was because they weren't 'up to quality for a legendary skin' so it sort of was because of the quality they were on sale.

Yeah, the one atm is an eye-sore

AgitatedOne

01-17-2013

I'm telling you: change the particle colors to a silver/blue.

If they can do it in the short time of the Harrowing for Nocturne's 520 skin, I'm sure they can eventually get around to it for Kayle. Don't care if it takes a year+, I just want 'something' different that makes her unique instead of just a recolor of classic Kayle, hell even Huntress Sivir has a different weapon.

BastardOfPuppets

01-17-2013

I kinda agree. Personally, Silver *is* my favorite skin for Kayle, but there's pretty much never been a time that I wouldn't have traded it for Goth Annie in a heartbeat. I probably would've bought that bundle back then too, if I had known enough about the game to know it was an option at the time.

Professor E Gadd

Recruiter

01-17-2013

Bump

SNSD Sooyoung

01-17-2013

I personally like the old splash, yea it's low quality but that's part of it's charm...makes it look all retro and **** and people ask about it. At least that has been my experience when using it.

But I definitely wouldn't be against new particles, but as previously stated Riot has pointed out that the bar is constantly being raised as the game progresses and some content does not match up with the newer stuff under the same catagory (like legendarys)

Swanky

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Stěnson View Post
I personally like the old splash, yea it's low quality but that's part of it's charm...makes it look all retro and **** and people ask about it. At least that has been my experience when using it.

But I definitely wouldn't be against new particles, but as previously stated Riot has pointed out the the bar is constantly being raised as the game progresses and some content does not match up with the newer stuff under the same catagory (like legendarys)
Hmm i can see where your coming from but at the same time, it just looks terrible from rework standpoint and theres a perfectly good Chinese Splash Art they could put into the game :'(

And pretty much with what happened with Harrowing Noc (the particle update) was done pretty fast and was more than just a recolor (ghosts n such), so i dont think color-shifting the particles to blue would use much resources?

SNSD Sooyoung

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
Hmm i can see where your coming from but at the same time, it just looks terrible from rework standpoint and theres a perfectly good Chinese Splash Art they could put into the game :'(

And pretty much with what happened with Harrowing Noc (the particle update) was done pretty fast and was more than just a recolor (ghosts n such), so i dont think color-shifting the particles to blue would use much resources?
fair enough, that's just my opinion on it...and oh yea it prob would be a very easy fix....I was just pointing out what Riot's defense on the matter would be.

Swanky

01-17-2013

bump for red

@IronStylus

i know you're lurking.