Could someone give me a crash course in jungling Vi.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Digitality

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie Poulain View Post
please dont start E

E does very little for you at level one

go w > e > q > e maxing e first

please

or you're gonna have a bad time
with a proper leash E will clear your buff camp faster.

Either way, while I like her actual jungling, I hate her transition out of the jungle later.

Pryotra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Ok, so in review, she can max either either E or Q first, usually E, always max w last, but pick it up at lvl 1. She can start almost anywhere, and either do a lvl 2 gank or just farm the jungle till an opportunity presents itself. Machete hp is a good start for her.

Now for the more S3 specific questions: how has ganking changed? Realize that I haven't played the role for some time, and I have heard of alot more people starting with a ward. Any other S3 or Vi specific help is still very much appreciated.

Frizalen

01-17-2013

If I was you I'd go 42% attack speed with runes,masteries max w and proceed to give no ****s about anything.

FabulousJeremy

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryotra View Post
Ok, so in review, she can max either either E or Q first, usually E, always max w last, but pick it up at lvl 1. She can start almost anywhere, and either do a lvl 2 gank or just farm the jungle till an opportunity presents itself. Machete hp is a good start for her.

Now for the more S3 specific questions: how has ganking changed? Realize that I haven't played the role for some time, and I have heard of alot more people starting with a ward. Any other S3 or Vi specific help is still very much appreciated.
Stop taking direct advice from every person posting on GD. Half of them have no idea what they're talking about.

If you want to know about her routes, check here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1v9QZDz2x0

Stonewall is almost always up to date and accurate with his videos.

For ganking I'd usually make sure I have red buff. You usually want to try and walk in and proc the slow before using any spells. Otherwise if you still want to gank, open with Q and predict their movement. Your Q itself can force flashes. Though when you hit lv6 your initiation can be near unescapable, especially if you save your Q and follow their flash with ult.

Keep in mind that you want lanes to be pushed in your favor before ganking. Vi doesn't naturally have a slow, her utility is only useful for chasing, so you want as much room as possible.

Pryotra

01-17-2013

Thanks Jeremy. I wouldn't call it direct advice, as I was going to test out the different stuff in some customs before anything real, but it helps to have some prior knowledge about what works for others before attempting to reinvent the wheel.

I just watched the stonewall vid, and it seems he starts wolves then blue>wraiths>golems>red>gank or wraiths. The ganking info is something I was looking for, thanks for chipping in with that. I would probably have failed a few ganks at roughly mid lane if I hadn't known that.

HBAFreightTrain

01-17-2013

For ganking, Frozen Mallet is your friend. It makes her tankier and actually stick to a target after you combo so you can finish what you start with Q+E.

To start, typical Machete + 5 pot is best. Take life steal quints, armor seals, MR blues, and AD marks. Take Blue first. Once you are level 3, you can pull off ganks with the help of red if you go 1pt in Q,W,and E.

Upgrade to Madred's Razors for faster clear. Boots you want are Boots of Swiftness. After you get the Frozen Mallet, you pick up Zephyr. You'll enjoy the Tenacity and move speed will be very high so just run and gank option becomes available (which saves your Q for escapes).

Team fights will be your main focus next. Pick up Warmog's because you're the tank. Your W will give you attack speed, armor reduction, and damage. So it's like having a partial cleaver (20% armor reduction), partial phantom dancer (50% AS), and more damage. So max your W before your team fight phase starts.

If the game is taking long, Bloodthirster is your next item. This gives you more damage and sustain. If the game is taking forever, sell Madred's Razors and buy a Guardian Angel.

McLovin1022

01-17-2013

My runes are ad marks, armor yellows, mr per level blues and movespeed quints. I start machete 5 pots. Start w then skill one in e. Get q at level 3 if you are going to gank at level 3 and get it at level 4 if you are not. After getting 2 points early in e to help clear the jungle I max q first as lowering the cooldown is very important and it is a lot of your damage in ganks.

My build is usually machete then boots into brutalizer. I find black cleaver and frozen mallot to be some of the best items to get. Build the rest according to what you need for your team. I dont usually build anything out of the machete and I sell it mid to lategame as there are better items to get on vi than the machete upgrades.

Also the ganks are really strong if you hit your q and even better when you get ult. You can actually flash while charging q to help with ganks too.

Another thing vi doesnt need any attack speed as you get free attack speed with your w and you are all about burst damage.

Lucky Scars

01-17-2013

start with her w, the attack speed from it makes her jungling faster than with e. Maxing q is the best skill to max if you can land it, otherwise, maxing e is ok. Build tanky and be an anti-carry. i always build wriggles then frozen mallet and sometimes a sightstone in between. Dont use ult to initiate a fight, use it to get to the enemy ad once the fight is started. If you are too far behind to dive into their team, just protect your ad.

Bloodedge22

01-17-2013

Punch first, ask questions while punching.

In all honesty, 9-21-0 masteries with standard jungle runes and you'll just clear by the camps with e/w, then pay attention and look for gank opportunities when your level 3 and have your Q. Your options expand once you have your ult because you can Q in, force a flash, then R to deny the escape. Basically just make your business flipping tables on the enemy laners while farming jungle, and you'll do fine.

Item Build
Machete+5
Madreds+boots, flask if you got gank money.
finish wriggles, get a brutalizer
finish boots based on enemy team comp, swiftness boots reducing your Q's slow are particularly good for ganks.
Black cleaver

counter build enemy team.

A Rabid Teemo

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupitersKy View Post
Max R>E>Q>W, also don't buy attack speed it's a noob trap for her. Buy tanky ad items and go punch things
This guy's an idiot. It's not a noob trap whatsoever. Once you hit a certain AS cap, you proc the passive enough. You don't build only crit on an ADC and you shouldn't build only AD on Vi. AS also really helps with her clear, especially with the incoming jungle changes.