@Tryndamere @Ryze @Zileas @Morello @Kitae Lore Writer Replacement

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dayblazer

Senior Member

01-17-2013

I want it all Rewritten by Renekton Bot.. seriously. No I do. Really.

Or that dude who keeps saying he's an Alien/Spider/God/Yordle to get his free character..

~Down With The Meta~


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eserine View Post
When faced with a rediculous situation I must face redicule to red the game of toxic rids!
And how else am I supposed to convey that point otherwise? There isn't a word that isn't negative to some degree when used in that context. You're being ridiculous, ludicrous, absurd, silly, etc. The end result is always the same.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eserine

Senior Member

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
I get the feeling the OP cares a lot about comic book continuity.
In the previous thread, which you claim to have read already in the comments, I reference Superman both having a dog and not having a dog who accompanied him from Krypton as an incredibly stupid artistic choice pandering to a unresponsive audience, however in terms of Hextech or Summoner Magic the game lore in LoL faces more of an overarching "Dr. Strange" effect, where the characters and nations and organizations seem to hold ill-defined power or ability thresholds whose constant fluctuations make the audience hate the franchise.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eserine

Senior Member

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayblazer View Post
I want it all Rewritten by Renekton Bot.. seriously. No I do. Really.

Or that dude who keeps saying he's an Alien/Spider/God/Yordle to get his free character..

~Down With The Meta~
I've not heard of this second fellow but I am absolutely on board with this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Henry Plainview

Senior Member

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eserine View Post
In the previous thread, which you claim to have read already in the comments, I reference Superman both having a dog and not having a dog who accompanied him from Krypton as an incredibly stupid artistic choice pandering to a unresponsive audience, however in terms of Hextech or Summoner Magic the game lore in LoL faces more of an overarching "Dr. Strange" effect, where the characters and nations and organizations seem to hold ill-defined power or ability thresholds whose constant fluctuations make the audience hate the franchise.
That was not a reference, I did not remember you were the one who made that thread. Also I don't remember anything you wrote in that post because I read it at 4 am.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eserine

Senior Member

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
That was not a reference, I did not remember you were the one who made that thread. Also I don't remember anything you wrote in that post because I read it at 4 am.
I go on to suggest that you might be a Riot member attempting to manipulate the readers of the thread based on the movie reference in your game-handle. Are you sleep deprived now? We can plant all sorts of weird post-hypnotic suggestions into your subconscious!

[[Touch Your Elbow When You Hear A Dog Bark]]


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flying Eggplant

Senior Member

01-17-2013

I ****ing hate you for creating an extremely eloquent and engaging thread that I have spent far too much of my night on (obviously not *this* one. The one you linked to). I'm going to get off these forums and be productive again but a bump for you, good sir. A bump for you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reiver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-17-2013

Are you aware that several of the people you @'ed are lore writers?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pattata

Senior Member

01-17-2013

I apologize ahead of time as I couldn't bring myself to read through the entire thing at this late hour, but I have to say the whole thing... is a bit painful to read through. Though I appreciate that you aren't talking "roit pls" idiot speak, there is a certain degree of weariness that one gathers while reading a long and, while it might not be the right description for it, "overly-eloquent" argument. It seems the parts I did manage to keep my eyes on seem a bit too nit-picky to be practical in the game environment. However, many of the lore aspects I do see as very lacking, and I promise to take another look at this when I'm more awake. Apologies if I misrepresented you at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Rabid Teemo

Senior Member

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eserine View Post
Vi is a fierce fighter determined to punch criminals in the face. Why would she punch Lulu, Annie, or Amumu in the face? At one time the answer might have been "to serve the ultimate interests of Piltover and the dying Piltovians orphan children who need the medical supplies and education bought by an increased Piltover socioeconomic positioning in the world and securitization of the homeland
Dude... you're insane. If the entire game was built solely on rules of the lore then the game would cease to exist given that gameplay and balance would take a backseat to lore.

If you want to read a book, go read a book. If you want to play a video game, don't complain that it's not a book.