Eve nerf explained

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jonheath291

01-16-2013

This is what I have the issue with.

Nerf the range, okay. You shouldn't be able to start attacking people before they can see you I perfectly understand that.

Nerf the cooldown. Again, fine. For how effective it WAS this is warranted.

Nerf the damage. This is the worst thing ever. It makes eve HAVE TO INITIATE otherwise her damage falls off. The thing is, she's a squishy assassin, not a fricken tank. She initiates, sure her damage is fine, but then she gets focused by the entire fricken team and dies in seconds. She can't GET to the enemy carries because the enemy team keeps her from them and annihilate her.

Eve WAS great at being able to enter a team fight After skills were blown (Malphite ult, Amumu ult, Blitz ult for some examples) and peel people off because her ult actually did damage. This isn't a matter of skill, this is a state of her playstyle and they just screwed her over hard.

Paladin22

01-16-2013

I thought you guys knew, Riot wants you to run a tank build Eve. See you use her Ult to start a mass attack and you run in and just tank the group! Thats how it is now, better get used to it.

Jonheath291

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin22 View Post
I thought you guys knew, Riot wants you to run a tank build Eve. See you use her Ult to start a mass attack and you run in and just tank the group! Thats how it is now, better get used to it.

lmao

Zaurok

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPyrophore View Post
It's basically not an assassin ult anymore. It's a weaksauce version of Malphite's ult or something.
Malphite's ult? Are you crazy? Eve's ult doesn't hard CC the enemy team and has a smaller radius.

But yeah, the CD increase, lower range AND current HP instead of max (withough giving anything back) is way too much of a nerf.

The mana increase on Q with the jungle changes nerfed her jungle a lot (You run out of mana without blue now and I mean running out DRY).

Jonheath291

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaurok View Post
Malphite's ult? Are you crazy? Eve's ult doesn't hard CC the enemy team and has a smaller radius.

But yeah, the CD increase, lower range AND current HP instead of max (withough giving anything back) is way too much of a nerf.

The mana increase on Q with the jungle changes nerfed her jungle a lot (You run out of mana without blue now and I mean running out DRY).

yea i noticed this when i tried playing her post-nerf.... it sucked =.=

G Rex

01-17-2013

The only problem I have with the nerf is % damage based on current hp. That just ruined it, otherwise the nerf to her range is actually good while the increased CD is, well, OK

MasterZedd

01-17-2013

Am I the only one who plays an assassin who picks off the squishies that are out of position and waits for the best time to attack? I see no problem with the current hp side of things. Start with the R and get your shield to soak up the extra damage you will take from the initiate, they get slowed so running is out of the question for them and mop them up. For team fights drop your R on the team the second your tank initiates and beat feat outta there until the mop up phase(usually seconds later) If the enemy team focuses you, the shield saves your bacon and W breaks the cc so you can run. You have disrupted the enemy team, dealt massive damage and drew fire away from your carries. Win win.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonheath291 View Post

Nerf the range, okay. You shouldn't be able to start attacking people before they can see you I perfectly understand that.

Nerf the damage. This is the worst thing ever. It makes eve HAVE TO INITIATE otherwise her damage falls off. The thing is, she's a squishy assassin, not a fricken tank. She initiates, sure her damage is fine, but then she gets focused by the entire fricken team and dies in seconds. She can't GET to the enemy carries because the enemy team keeps her from them and annihilate her.

Eve WAS great at being able to enter a team fight After skills were blown (Malphite ult, Amumu ult, Blitz ult for some examples) and peel people off because her ult actually did damage. This isn't a matter of skill, this is a state of her playstyle and they just screwed her over hard.
eve isn't supposed to be targeting tanky champs who sit in a teamfight tanking damage all day long.

she's supposed to go after those who sat in the back never taking any damage to begin with and maybe clean up the runners with her sustained magic damage and insane speed boosting. For the most part her ult will do the same level of damage to carries

ChampAtog

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonheath291 View Post

That's the goddamn point did you watch the patch preview? Evelynn's ultimate is meant to be an initiation skill, that's why it gives a ****ing shield. Evelynn's most effective use in a teamfight (once the enemy team is grouped and catching a squishy out of position isn't an option) Is to run in with W (from just out of sight range) ulti onto as many enemies as possible (as long as you still hit the carry) and then ravage/q the carry to death, then escape with W. With the shield on your ult (the thing that defined the ult as an initiation skill even before the nerf to the damage) you should be able to get out with most of your HP, especially if you're smart and pick up Zonya's and Abyssal Scepter (Armor/MR are super cost effective on Eve because of that shield). Your team should follow you into the initiation, trusting you to take out at least one carry while they fight, and once your E and W cooldowns are back up you wrap around and come back into the fight. If you're really lucky the enemy team will try to chase you when you W away, and your team can just pick them off while they're spread. Eve's ult was meant to be initiation from the start, not an execute, and they nerfed its damage to establish a pattern that will help people improve their play. Holding your ult on Eve is NOT the right move in most cases, casting it at the start of a fight makes the most use of the shield and the slow, and now that it's also an effect on the damage you aren't rewarded for using it wrong.

Jonheath291

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ourthun View Post
That's the goddamn point did you watch the patch preview? Evelynn's ultimate is meant to be an initiation skill, that's why it gives a ****ing shield. Evelynn's most effective use in a teamfight (once the enemy team is grouped and catching a squishy out of position isn't an option) Is to run in with W (from just out of sight range) ulti onto as many enemies as possible (as long as you still hit the carry) and then ravage/q the carry to death, then escape with W. With the shield on your ult (the thing that defined the ult as an initiation skill even before the nerf to the damage) you should be able to get out with most of your HP, especially if you're smart and pick up Zonya's and Abyssal Scepter (Armor/MR are super cost effective on Eve because of that shield). Your team should follow you into the initiation, trusting you to take out at least one carry while they fight, and once your E and W cooldowns are back up you wrap around and come back into the fight. If you're really lucky the enemy team will try to chase you when you W away, and your team can just pick them off while they're spread. Eve's ult was meant to be initiation from the start, not an execute, and they nerfed its damage to establish a pattern that will help people improve their play. Holding your ult on Eve is NOT the right move in most cases, casting it at the start of a fight makes the most use of the shield and the slow, and now that it's also an effect on the damage you aren't rewarded for using it wrong.

See, this is only possible when not playing with all the scrub pub players. If you are playing with a full team communicating on Skype/Raidcall/Teamspeak/Ventrillo this happens but not with the normals that play this game. Hell last night I had a malphite use his ultimate after the rest of our team was dead. He didn't get any kills. He just plain died. Abyssal Scepter and Zhonya's aren't enough to save you from 5 people piling you =.= Only morons use W before a CC was cast on you.

Yes I watched the patch preview. I heard them say they didn't want it being used as an execution. I understand that. But they screwed up the damage for the people that DIDNT use it to execute. I used it to catch up to players running away, or who flashed to try and get away. It's her only CC since they took the stun away and now people just run away without a problem because I can't keep them close enough to die.