Proof the tribunal is just luck of the draw

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1bf9b2d7e61bcf

Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Latona View Post
Hi, this is my main account for 3 years now.

Also, OP here's my response to your thread. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2986841
Congrats, your main account is now associated with the Tribunal forums.

I don't and will never want that, take that for what it is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hugh

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeetoX View Post
Obviously I have another account. I have 3 level 30's I could vote on (one is my brothers).

Anyhow, spamming punished doesn't change the outcome of the cases, if I read the cases and voted, they still would of been punished. It had nothing to do with whether or not I pardoned or punished. Even if I had thought some of those cases deserved a pardon, they still would of been punished.

A guy in mexico does not display a forum ban, it displays disappearing. It just simply "does not exist" If you are forum banned you can still log into the account on the website, you just cannot come to the forums, for that is where it stops you. Once again, get your knowledge straight.

You must be knew..... According to everyone that defends the tribunal, there is a small chance of you getting banned for 1 day... but if you are good like you say you won't ever get banned for longer then a week. But that's OK....Take the hit because it's "for the greater good". Them Liberals on video game forums LMAO.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doct0r Phil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Guess those people are "unlucky" if they get me to judge their case. Apparently, when I actually read the cases and try my best to make a fair judgement on cases.....that's "unlucky". Must suck to have a fair voter in the Tribunal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WeetoX

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnfnrf View Post
I do not think you understand what that word means.



Such an important case, you linked it twice?



Any reason to think they weren't?



So this one is just evidence that different people have different opinions.



In a range of 14,000 case, you showed 4 (or 5) as evidence. Accepting your judgment without any skepticism, you've shown a 0.03% error rate.

To use your Russian Roulette example, that's like playing with a 2888 chambered revolver and one round. Which doesn't kill you the first four times it shoots you.



This is actually happening. I myself have gotten the same game in two cases, with two different offenders.



Oh, of course, you have better evidence than you presented, you just don't want to show it.



1.) If you spam punish, you are part of the problem you want fixed. Start fixing it by stopping doing that.
2.) The overall punish rate has no bearing on the accuracy unless you know the actual guilty rate. An aside: Japan has a 99% criminal conviction rate. Why? Because prosecutors are so poorly funded they only bring a case to trial if they have overwhelming evidence. By waiting for so many reports before building a case, the Tribunal is doing something similar.
My point didn't need 14,000 cases or w.e, just showing that people are being banned for some of the same things or lesser that people are being pardoned for, and vise versa. I am also saying that I have now voted in 60 cases and the only ones I got wrong were the ones I pardoned. That's it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WeetoX

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knock X3 Penny View Post
Guess those people are "unlucky" if they get me to judge their case. Apparently, when I actually read the cases and try my best to make a fair judgement on cases.....that's "unlucky". Must suck to have a fair voter in the Tribunal.
This isn't the point. The point isn't whether or not their are fair judges - I don't doubt that. The point is that it's not always a fair consistency. Something you may punish another may pardon, or vise-versa. Why do other ingame players get to decide what should be and shouldn't be punished? These trib supports only support it because they haven't been banned for a stupid reason yet. Statistics like "oh I've played over 3,000 games and never seen the trib" This may not be true, your account may have gone through it, (you cannot ever know for sure), and just been pardoned, that doesn't make you better or mean we deserve when we get a ban for something stupid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WeetoX

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoooveZiiig View Post
How the hell is getting in the Tribunal unavoidable if only 1.4% of players get in there?

98.6% of players avoid the tribunal.
I'm almost positive this is a made up statistic, regardless of what riot tells you.

On a side note, what the other poster said about newer/played games also comes into play.
Players who play more, ARE more likely to end up in the trib.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WeetoX

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant Idiocy View Post
First, to think that Riot can't figure out what your main account is just because you are posting from a smurf is pretty naive. Secondly, Shiister, did you kill puppies on a regular basis before I came onto this forum? It's either that or people just have an irrational hatred of you. Third, you need to be reported in a percentage of recent games to get Tribunal flagged... so if you play alot of games, unless you're reported in a bunch of games in succession, you shouldn't have more of a chance to get in the Tribunal than another level 30 with less games. That's the fun of percentages, their actual number increases as the whole does.
I don't care if riot knows my main, it's just that if I am not posting from it, this account may get banned and not my main.

Second - Riot already stated it doesn't matter whether or not you did anything wrong, if you receive a certain amount of reports in 30 days worth of playing, YOU WILL go to the tribunal. Whether or not you are punished or not is up to the tribunal from there on. Hence the bans on players who never said anything at all, or only said "gg, push top, etc" nothing bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fudouri

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Its true! It is luck of the draw.

That's how statistics work.

Let's say a case has 80% chance of punish. That means if we put the same case in 5 times, we'd expect 4 times to punish, 1 time to pardon.

Other cases are more clear cut, and say there is a 99% chance to punish. That means put it into tribunal 100 times and 1 time it pardons.

So, "luck of the draw" is true. Just like how the lottery is luck of the draw too.

What's your point?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gimpyloser

Senior Member

01-16-2013

The idea is to not make it into the Tribunal in the first place. Be respectful to your fellow players and the few troll reports you get will be meaningless.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deraviin

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Where are these angels you would have run the bans and pardons instead sir?

No human is perfect, and some are downright arseholes, The way to try to make it the most fair? Put it out for all to vote on and pray to God more people have good intentions than bad. Gee, thats what Riot is doing, isn't it?

People are idiots. So people get punished who were innocent and people get pardoned who are turds, would you rather your case was looked over by just one person who might just decide they don't like the way you talk and ban you for that? Or have a computer scan for language to ban by and ban you for saying "Oh fvck I died."? NO SYSTEM IS PERFECT. There never has been a perfect system and there never will be.

We've all heard this arguement before and we'll hear it again, but right now this IS the system we are using and until we find these angels you want us to find it will be the system we continue to use.