Nocturne and Sivir shield blocking more than one spell.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stocketeer

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Guy View Post
Could you provide a video of how to reproduce this issue?
Don't know how to do a video, but I can re-create it whenever I want, without fail.. It's a bit silly.

Stocketeer

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahal View Post
I seem to recall that if two abilities hit within a very short time, both are negated. I can't remember where I've heard this, however, so I might be making things up.

EDIT: Awesome, apparently I know what I'm talking about!

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=711186
Yeah that thread has the exact same problem addressed. I was sure it would have been brought up before, but it's been like this for so long that I was confused to why it hasn't been fixed.

Stocketeer

01-15-2013

Another point, My abilities don't both go off at the same time. That is impossible since I cannot pop the lucent while ulting, therefore the lucent is popped AFTER the ult has finished. The game should recognise this....

StrmCkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

yes its intended to do this . as there is no way to tell what spells hit so it just blocks all that do hit in same time frame

and u can pop multiple spells in the same instance with spam clicking/button pressing even via macros. {dont forget to take into account spell delay for animation} some spells animation times do not match in game reaction times. that and server side lag between players

Stocketeer

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrmCkr View Post
yes its intended to do this . as there is no way to tell what spells hit so it just blocks all that do hit in same time frame

and u can pop multiple spells in the same instance with spam clicking/button pressing even via macros. {dont forget to take into account spell delay for animation} some spells animation times do not match in game reaction times. that and server side lag between players
Well, exactly, it's a bug.

bump to get this fixed!

vain11

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

I main Noc. Its totally true. Happens all the time. If 2 spells hit very closely together and you have a spellshield up, Noc, or Sivir. Then it is very possible both spells will not hit.

At the same time.. I've had times where My spell shield has been up and not worked at all. Example:
I played Noc, Activate spellshield
Rengar throws Bola,
Bola Procs spellshield, Applying the Noc increased attack speed passive
However Bola still deals damage and applies slow to noc.

Generally Sivir, and Noc's spellshields are really buggy (i don't know too much about the Banshee's) They've been buggy for a really long time. Riot just ignores it, or doesn't care.

Or maybe they just are having trouble fixing it. Nonetheless it's been a bug for a long time, and they haven't done anything about it (or even recognized it as a bug) as far as I'm aware.

StrmCkr

01-19-2013

Quote:
Well, exactly, it's a bug.
not according to riot on previous posts covering this topic.

from a programs point of view in a real time based game spells can hit at the exact same time! there is no real way to pick which hit first thus both are blocked as one.
other wise it be a random coin toss to block which of the two?

spell shields can block more then 1 spell in the same instance or very close appropriation, multiple spell shields active will pop from 1 spell hitting.

in game suggestion is to learn to bait the very short block time frame and hit after it is down, and do not chain spells.

what is buggy with spell shields is what is and isn't blocked by the spell shield from nocturne and sivir and banshee's veil,
there was a user that investigated these and posted the results in the guides strategy section.{a year back or so}

there is a host of things that are break spell shield but still apply their effects despite the appearance they where blocked. <<-- these are the true bugs and need posted

JAMIMUMIs

08-27-2013

i was playing with lux too and noc shield block , cait ult , mi e and ult so it was very broken