Elo hell

123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeknoWizard

01-16-2013

It's because it's all your fault. Every single last thing that happens on the map. As long as you play thinking that, and stay hyper-critical of every action you take, you'll slowly get better and better. Then your Elo will slowly start to reflect that. My bet is, you did rather well for your intial matches, shot up a bit higher than you should have, then dropped back down. Eventually, you'll see your Elo stablize for the most part. Nothing wrong with that. You're just slowly finding the level that you currently belong at. When you get better, you'll climb to the point that you improved to.

Summoning Izzy

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
No it isn't. It sounds like you're winning and losing a roughly equal amount of your games - which is what the matchmaking system aims to do. I'm something like a 1500 player (hopefully higher :P), and when I started at 1270 last season, I shot up to 1470 very quickly (45~ games or so). You'll get games where people give up, yeah, but so will the enemy. If you're a better player, you'll carry a majority of those games and go up in Elo.

Also, I checked your match history and you've played very few games. 40-50 is barely starting to scratch a proper sample size.
haha yea ik, i did say i don't have much experience, just potential, again people have said i play good for the experience i have, and the fact that i'm so new to this might mean i could become a great player in the near future. i've played with people who are 1500-1600 elo who tell me for my lack of experience i play just as well as they do and could be top notch if i keep at it, but it's kinda upsetting when you get these type of people XD

Summoning Izzy

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
It's because it's all your fault. Every single last thing that happens on the map. As long as you play thinking that, and stay hyper-critical of every action you take, you'll slowly get better and better. Then your Elo will slowly start to reflect that. My bet is, you did rather well for your intial matches, shot up a bit higher than you should have, then dropped back down. Eventually, you'll see your Elo stablize for the most part. Nothing wrong with that. You're just slowly finding the level that you currently belong at. When you get better, you'll climb to the point that you improved to.
i actually didn't place high, i placed <1200, but after a couple improvements i was able to jump to the 1200's, once i got to <1300 (almost 1300) i had "bad players" who would cost us the win and the jump to 1300...but all of a sudden i've been getting these "bad players" and now was dropped down <1100

Afflon

01-16-2013

I found the best way to win a game is to go mid or jungle, because if you're good enough, it doesn't matter how bad your team is, you can turn around almost every situation in their lanes with proper timing. Today I went Katarina. I got an early lead on their TF, however, their graves got 2-3 kills up on my ez. So I was doing as good as their graves. But I went, bot lane, 7 times in total, and every single time, I got ATLEAST 1 kill. This stopped that graves from snowballing, my ez got ahead of him, and I went 19-1. That's one example of being able to do alot mid. I was against someone who normally is amazing at ganking, but I got so ahead before TF hit 6, if he ported in I just got a triple or quadra kill instead of a double or triple. So if you want to improve your chances at winning in solo queue, try and get good at jungling or go a mid that can roam really hard and can influence your teams lanes.

Summoning Izzy

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmedArmadilo View Post
I found the best way to win a game is to go mid or jungle, because if you're good enough, it doesn't matter how bad your team is, you can turn around almost every situation in their lanes with proper timing. Today I went Katarina. I got an early lead on their TF, however, their graves got 2-3 kills up on my ez. So I was doing as good as their graves. But I went, bot lane, 7 times in total, and every single time, I got ATLEAST 1 kill. This stopped that graves from snowballing, my ez got ahead of him, and I went 19-1. That's one example of being able to do alot mid. I was against someone who normally is amazing at ganking, but I got so ahead before TF hit 6, if he ported in I just got a triple or quadra kill instead of a double or triple. So if you want to improve your chances at winning in solo queue, try and get good at jungling or go a mid that can roam really hard and can influence your teams lanes.
yea, ok...i just played a game as ww, and honestly we started off very well, our team dominated and i only pretty much ganked mid, and a bit top because we were on it, i made a couple mistakes that could've cost us the game, but i apologized and started to cooperate with my team and we pulled through with a comeback and a win...i'm back to the 1100's, if i keep this up i'll be able to go back to where i started off and go forward from there, btw thanks for the tip about a roaming mid, i mostly go ryze and morgana mid (which wouldn't quite be such a good roaming champ...

Shadowed Ruby

01-16-2013

Ryze and Morgana can both clear minions quickly, and both have solid CC to help them land ganks. (Their snares). As long as your lanes communicate well enough to capitalise on moments of strength, they can be good roamers.

anemone

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
How do you "know" you're better than they are? You should go read up on the dunning-kreuger effect.

Also, you shouldn't need to have MIAs called for you. They're a luxury, not a need. You should have wards on your lane that allow you to see people coming up or down to your lane. You then have map awareness and realize "oh my god they're coming for me!" and walk away.
^EXACTLY. Look at 2k+ ELO streams, no one says MIA, no one whines about MIAs.

Summoning Izzy

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by anemone View Post
^EXACTLY. Look at 2k+ ELO streams, no one says MIA, no one whines about MIAs.
True. But let's keep in mind we're not 2K+ elo players and some of us need coaching to play, some advice, and better methods of understanding each other through some form of communication, not everyone has map awareness either even if they do buy wards, know what i mean? (it's as if they don't look at the map)

Summoning Izzy

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowed Ruby View Post
Ryze and Morgana can both clear minions quickly, and both have solid CC to help them land ganks. (Their snares). As long as your lanes communicate well enough to capitalise on moments of strength, they can be good roamers.
idk isn't ryze kinda hard to farm with? morgana its a breeze, but i have trouble farming with ryze -_-

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Izzy View Post
True. But let's keep in mind we're not 2K+ elo players and some of us need coaching to play, some advice, and better methods of understanding each other through some form of communication, not everyone has map awareness either even if they do buy wards, know what i mean? (it's as if they don't look at the map)
So let me get this straight. Not everybody has some pre-designated skill (in this case map awareness), and therefore those person are allowed to get angry or call their teammates bad because THEY don't have that skill?

Lol.

123456 ... 12