Elo hell

1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Summoning Izzy

01-16-2013

so i started off landing around the upper 1100's. i started a bit early, started off with lots of potential, but it seems the better i get the worst people i get paired up with...so i topped 1271 and that was my highest...despite trying to get into the 1300's i kept sticking to the 1200's and then all of a sudden i got kicked to the upper 1100's, i stayed there for a bit, and soon enough got kicked hard into the 1090's...ouch!

from 1271 to 1095 just seems awful...i've seen worse from some friends who dropped from like 1365 to like 800, my question now is how the hell do i escape this? i've heard of people who started off in the 1300-1400, dropped below 1000, created a new account and are well over 1600-1800 in their current account. Why is it every time i try to carry from one lane, the next lane feeds or loses their lane? i tried to jungle and always have a team who feeds so much i can't help at all... when i do mid i have a fail jungler, and when i adc i have a fail support or again fail jungler...i've only tried top like once and i did well top, thing is i don't have tons of top champs and to actually get top, (which by the way seems to be the 1st thing people call) is just a mess...no one seems to be so flexible...i'm open to filling in but every time i do so there is that one person that somehow got forced into a role...:/ how does that happen? ugh!

Anyways i play normals and do well, i play ARAMS and do well, i main jungle in my 5 v 5 ranked team and play with my 3 v 3 ranked team as well and play well as well. so i kinda don't know what to do, i'm sure it's not entirely me, i started off really good, but the better i get the worse others get...

i need to know if it's just me so i would appreciate it if someone who can carry duo with me...of course we would have to play normals to make sure it isn't me, i wouldn't want to drop anyone to a lower elo than they are already in...thanks guys, and any advice would be helpful

adc

01-16-2013

I have a question for you. Why do you think your TOP Elo, the best you've ever played + best teams you've ever gotten is representative of your every day playing skill?

Summoning Izzy

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
I have a question for you. Why do you think your TOP Elo, the best you've ever played + best teams you've ever gotten is representative of your every day playing skill?
i don't...i just know that the people i get paired up with aren't as good as they should be. for example, some don't see a point for warding or calling mia's. so when you have these type of careless players it kinda just ruins it for me, i know i'm better than they are, but i keep that to myself, i don't like to rage and try my best to keep the game positive

adc

01-16-2013

How do you "know" you're better than they are? You should go read up on the dunning-kreuger effect.

Also, you shouldn't need to have MIAs called for you. They're a luxury, not a need. You should have wards on your lane that allow you to see people coming up or down to your lane. You then have map awareness and realize "oh my god they're coming for me!" and walk away.

Summoning Izzy

01-16-2013

well i suspect i am because lots of people have pointed it out, it's not a self-realization thing...i myself didn't notice it until people told me so, when i play ranked people tell me i am good but because of a certain lane we lost...i don't automatically think i'm better than they are, but by how the game progresses i assume i am due to their lack of ability and communication.

Summoning Izzy

01-16-2013

Quote:
How do you "know" you're better than they are? You should go read up on the dunning-kreuger effect.

Also, you shouldn't need to have MIAs called for you. They're a luxury, not a need. You should have wards on your lane that allow you to see people coming up or down to your lane. You then have map awareness and realize "oh my god they're coming for me!" and walk away.
btw i'm fully aware of what you're talking about, i shouldn't think i'm better than they are, i just hope they can hold their own weight, and that's exactly how i play, i don't go in thinking i am better than they are, i get to that conclusion depending on how good the game goes, i admit i am not the best player, no one is better than all, i am however better than the people i get paired up with simply because of how the game ends, there are times when it's my fault, and i truly admit i need to get better, and there is definitely room for improvement.

adc

01-16-2013

Well, technically, by definition there HAS to be someone who is better than everyone else. But I digress.

Ok so, you're better than the people you're paired up with - because of how the game ends? But there are times when it's your fault. I don't follow. You're saying you're better than the people you play with, and they tell you that, but you can't win games?

For the record, League is about winning, not about doing some other thing well. I can play AP Yi and go 50/0 mid. If I lose that game, it's not because of "Elo hell", but rather because my skills were inferior and the enemy team did something better than our team and won for it.

Summoning Izzy

01-16-2013

Quote:
Well, technically, by definition there HAS to be someone who is better than everyone else. But I digress.

Ok so, you're better than the people you're paired up with - because of how the game ends? But there are times when it's your fault. I don't follow. You're saying you're better than the people you play with, and they tell you that, but you can't win games?

For the record, League is about winning, not about doing some other thing well. I can play AP Yi and go 50/0 mid. If I lose that game, it's not because of "Elo hell", but rather because my skills were inferior and the enemy team did something better than our team and won for it.
well of course, it's all about how you communicate with your team, i tend to ping, ward, and try to get people to listen, yet again i can't be in 2 places at once, now can i? i do admit sometimes i mess up, as does anyone else, but how do i know i'm better? well i don't i don't know if they are better than me, but are just having a bad day, i don't know if they're trolling cus they hate where they're at, i mean the list is endless. point being the team despite my effort to lead the team to victory just doesn't give a ****...so despite my ability to communicate well and play well, being matched up with people who lack these abilities makes the team suffer

btw i'm not saying that all of our wins were because of me, i know they're not, i've been carried before, and have carried before, but when you get paired up with people who don't give a damn over and over again, well the true reflection of your skill is very obscure.

Kaito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

It sucks

adc

01-16-2013

No it isn't. It sounds like you're winning and losing a roughly equal amount of your games - which is what the matchmaking system aims to do. I'm something like a 1500 player (hopefully higher :P), and when I started at 1270 last season, I shot up to 1470 very quickly (45~ games or so). You'll get games where people give up, yeah, but so will the enemy. If you're a better player, you'll carry a majority of those games and go up in Elo.

Also, I checked your match history and you've played very few games. 40-50 is barely starting to scratch a proper sample size.

1234511 ... 12