If IronStylus is allowed to visually change Sejuani

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lina x Inverse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

I like how Sejuani appears now, she fits in with the other Frejlord champs-- check out Tryndamere and Frejlord Ashe skin, none of them are wearing anything that would protect from the cold. They are just naturally resistant.

I do wish her Dark Rider skin had more armor though, and was more "dread knight" feel. I think that would satisfy both camps a bit more.

I'm much more interested in her skill fix that will hopefully give her some innate tankiness and weird kit usability issues regarding Permafrost.

PayForYourSins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

People don't play her because she's not visually appealing.. They don't play her because she's awful compared to the other choices for her role.

Wolf McWolf

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukatenscheisser View Post
Pigs are only good for eating and are otherwise disgusting filthy creature only outdone in there detestability by rats.
Pigs are actually very clean animals.

chumbler

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalGiant View Post
This? http://evelastina.deviantart.com/art/Sejuani-Re-design-337530802

She doesn't look like a mage at all, so there is already conflict with her visuals and her abilities. She honestly looks like an AD Bruiser to me.
That's exactly the image I was thinking of, thanks. For your second part, that's exactly my point. In gameplay she's a frost mage. In appearance she's basically the exact opposite. There's pretty much no way for Riot to reconcile those two things without a remake of Sejuani's abilities.

I would love it if Sejuani looked like that remake you linked, though.

Thessalonike

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
I saw a fantastic fanart of Sejuani that was exactly what she should have looked like from the beginning, but sadly I can't repost it since it's on another computer. She was built as all hell and well-covered, but still very clearly giving off a barbarian appearance rather than a Victoria's Secret model appearance. It was fantastic.

We do need a heavily armored Sejuani, though. Dark rider Sejuani should have been closer to a dread knight skin rather than pretty much the same as she is normally, but the bikini is metal instead of leather and she's blue I guess.

Now, as for visual appearance and gameplay not remotely matching, I don't think there's anything that can be done about that. In gameplay she's a squishy frost mage. In appearance she's a flail-swinging, boar-riding barbarian. There's pretty much no hope of reconciling those two without a gameplay remake (which she probably needs anyway).
Gameplay is not the only way. What about a visual remake to reconcile? Her "barbarian" tribe has mystics who may not need to be buff barbarians.

chumbler

01-16-2013

Bumping just to get the awesome fanart on page 2 for how Sejuani should have looked some more recognition.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-16-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

HOW DID YOU GUYS KNOW MY PLAN?! Who's the plant, community?! Who's the plant?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
Bumping just to get the awesome fanart on page 2 for how Sejuani should have looked some more recognition.
Yeah, I'm super fond of this piece. This is more of how I imagine her.

Also, I'll go on the record as being pro-boar.

Nubilous

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post

Reverse Sejuani coming soon?

Brokroma

01-16-2013

How about a "Chilled Slice of Ham" skin, because that's about how useful she is as a champion?

Zerglinator

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post

Well then, any visual redesign should not disappoint.