Proof the tribunal is just luck of the draw

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WeetoX

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1bf9b2d7e61bcf View Post
I've watched too many main accounts get ruined by this forum to allow mine to be so ruined.
Also agreed. I'm not risking my main account posting on these forums, Riot bans accounts for bad reasons. A friend of mine got banned for the name "num lock guy" just because enough people reported him. I mean what? Another friend of mine was banned from the forums indefinitely after stupid reasons. But I am not here for them, I am here for this, and the fact is, the tribunal needs to be tweaked before it's used because so many people are being unfairly banned. "league of justice" riiiight.

Saint Latona

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1bf9b2d7e61bcf View Post
I've watched too many main accounts get ruined by this forum to allow mine to be so ruined.
Hi, this is my main account for 3 years now.

Also, OP here's my response to your thread. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2986841

gnfnrf

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeetoX View Post
This is proof..
I do not think you understand what that word means.

Such an important case, you linked it twice?

Any reason to think they weren't?

So this one is just evidence that different people have different opinions.

Quote:
Anyways, the point here is not who should be or shouldn't be punished, it's more to show the lack of ANY consistency in the trib.
In a range of 14,000 case, you showed 4 (or 5) as evidence. Accepting your judgment without any skepticism, you've shown a 0.03% error rate.

To use your Russian Roulette example, that's like playing with a 2888 chambered revolver and one round. Which doesn't kill you the first four times it shoots you.

Quote:
Players are not treated fairly AT ALL, in this game. People are pardoned for being very toxic compared to those who are slightly "toxic", vice-versa.

If there is going to be a tribunal or accounts banned it needs to be fair to all players.

Meaning, if someone ingame is getting harassed nonstop or cursed out, and retaliates, the ones who started it should be banned too if the responder is, it's not at all fair to only ban the responder. All should be, or none. It takes 2 to tango/argue.
This is actually happening. I myself have gotten the same game in two cases, with two different offenders.

Quote:
Or another way is if someone is in trib for responding negatively to teammates, the people in trib should be able to say "show me more games for this summoner with reports in them" or something and see more and decide to punish or pardon that other player as well, cause the system is obviously handicapped and while some cases may deserve a punish, some don't, or some don't get it and some do when they shouldn't.

All I am asking for is consistency with every player if you're going to ban some.

BTW: I could of easily asked for cases from judges that were punished/pardoned and got many more if I wanted. This is just a few examples.
Oh, of course, you have better evidence than you presented, you just don't want to show it.

Quote:
Edit: Oh and also, I currently have a 90% rating in the trib for voting on cases, and the only cases I got wrong were the 2 I pardoned (I didn't read ANY cases, I only hit punish as soon as timer went out, played solitaire while waiting for the timer countdown.)

Spam punish = efficient.
1.) If you spam punish, you are part of the problem you want fixed. Start fixing it by stopping doing that.
2.) The overall punish rate has no bearing on the accuracy unless you know the actual guilty rate. An aside: Japan has a 99% criminal conviction rate. Why? Because prosecutors are so poorly funded they only bring a case to trial if they have overwhelming evidence. By waiting for so many reports before building a case, the Tribunal is doing something similar.

MoooveZiiig

01-16-2013

How the hell is getting in the Tribunal unavoidable if only 1.4% of players get in there?

98.6% of players avoid the tribunal.

Shunkwugga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoooveZiiig View Post
How the hell is getting in the Tribunal unavoidable if only 1.4% of players get in there?

98.6% of players avoid the tribunal.
Most of them don't play often enough to accumulate the number of reports acquired to be part of it, or they play with friends and avoid it altogether since most times friends won't report each other.

Zachrin

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunkwugga View Post
Most of them don't play often enough to accumulate the number of reports acquired to be part of it, or they play with friends and avoid it altogether since most times friends won't report each other.
Even if all they did was play with friends, there's still 5 other people on the opposing team to report if they did anything that broke the summoner's code. 1 report counts the same as multiple reports in a single game, so all it takes is one ticked off opponent for it to count. But if they're not being jerks at all, then there's no reason to report.

Sure, I'll concede that some of that percentage may be newer accounts that don't have enough games, but some people have come on here saying they're not even past level 10 and have been warned/banned. Personally, I think that most of the 98.6% are just not being jerks.

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

First, to think that Riot can't figure out what your main account is just because you are posting from a smurf is pretty naive. Secondly, Shiister, did you kill puppies on a regular basis before I came onto this forum? It's either that or people just have an irrational hatred of you. Third, you need to be reported in a percentage of recent games to get Tribunal flagged... so if you play alot of games, unless you're reported in a bunch of games in succession, you shouldn't have more of a chance to get in the Tribunal than another level 30 with less games. That's the fun of percentages, their actual number increases as the whole does.

TBJack

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnfnrf View Post
In a range of 14,000 case, you showed 4 (or 5) as evidence. Accepting your judgment without any skepticism, you've shown a 0.03% error rate.

To use your Russian Roulette example, that's like playing with a 2888 chambered revolver and one round. Which doesn't kill you the first four times it shoots you.
This brought manly tears of joy to me.

Rampant ldiocy

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
Your name is troll, and considering I never seen you post on these forums there are 2 options. A)Your name got removed and you need to change it or B) This a smurf account and you not brave enough to post on your main account.
lawl because it takes true courage to post on your "main" account. Do you even lift?

f aggot.

TBJack

01-16-2013

Oh another nametroll. How delightfully original of you.