New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrMany

01-16-2013

when it will be online?

quailmanlol

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMany View Post
when it will be online?
When the status changes from busy to available. Be patient.

bufarron

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmexx View Post
ok, i've never played a ranked game cuz i joined LoL recently and haven't yet reached lvl 30.

But what i wanted to know was, will reaching level 30 allow me to choose 16 champions which i can have for free?
Or is it like exclusive ranked game champions that I can buy after i reach level 30.

Also was this feature always there or new in this patch?
no, the champions allowed for playing are the same at every level, it seems you have to own 16 champions ( by buying them ), before playing ranked games...

do not join ranked games once you hit level 30, you need a lot of games to get runes and masteries and learning about the game and mastering all roles (which is hard at blind pick), if you join ranked games you will be making your teams lose likely, who can drive you to become a troll (becuase you will spend a lot of time typing in an argue) or bans (getting many reports)...

Dane Belthound

01-16-2013

A vote system is NEEDED in ranked.

You keep complaining about how high dodge rates and rather than look into WHY people are dodging, YOU ARE TRYING TO STOP US FROM DOING IT.

We are dodging because:

1) People cannot agree on roles, they are raging and there is no chemistry or team work from the start. THis typically results in someone making a troll pick to try and force someone else on the team to dodge because we don't want to lose elo and want a competitive and serious game.

2) There is an afk who random picks and IF he comes back expects someone else to dodge. Nuff said.

3) Someone is verbally abusing and raging. They are obviously not going to work well with the team.

4) Someone is intentionally trolling because they are 12. I ran into a guy a month ago who I talked to after the queue dodge. He let me know that he had trolled 14 matches that day because he likes watching people get upset.

This isn't us trying to find a "favorable" matchup as you so ignorantly put it on a regular basis. The majority of queue dodges are us trying to find a SERIOUS, COMPETITIVE game that isn't going to be a massacre because one or more of our team mates is an incompetent nincompoop or a 12 year old rager on a power trip.

We NEED a VOTING SYSTEM. Problem solved. Your excuses in the past have be:

4 man team will abuse this.

HUH? How? Vote system would only be in ranked. There is no such thing as a 4 man team.

This would prevent people from trying new meta.

BS.

Solo/Duo ranked is not the place to EXPERIMENT. And to be honest, as long as what you suggest in ranked is reasonable, people typically don't care and IF someone objects it is not ALL four people. If ALL FOUR people object it is typically something pretty stupid. And to kick someone ALL FOUR would need to agree.

I just went garen mid a few games ago. My team was fine with that because I explained that we had an ap jungle and ap top and garen countered their mid laner. No objections. I was reasonable and it wasn't an experiment.

If you want to TRY new meta go to NORMALS OR ranked 5v5. If you want to see how a practiced, new meta works. ASK YOUR TEAM, if they disagree or are not on board and the decision is unanimous then you are out of luck. If the other four people on your team are not on board and you do it anyways, YOU ARE WORKING AGAINST YOUR TEAM. This game is about team work and when you have a rogue agent who is going to do whatever they want it is counter productive.

FORCING people to queue with idiots, afks, and trolls does not encourage team work as you might naively believe. Most people WANT to work with their team. Most do not want to work with ragers, trolls, and afks. Which is why we dodge.

This idea that you have to try and prevent dodges is stupid.
As an educator that is such an asinine way to deal with the issue because it doesn't address the issue. That is like me wanting to stop a kid from crying by removing their tear ducts and vocal chords instead of figuring out why s/he is crying and figuring out how to remedy that. YOu just see a behavior you want to stop, and instead of figuring out why it is happening you instead are trying to instill fear of consequences in us. Any behavioral health professional will tell you THAT DOES NOT WORK. Think you would have learned by now. You have taken our elo, banned us etc and it isn't working. It is just pissing people off.

Reighning

01-16-2013

Very similar to starcraft 2 ranking system. I like the change MUCH better. its a much better system. trying to climb elo is an annoyance as where in starcraft climbing the ranks in your division is much more competitive and fun. Great changes!

Magicapples

01-16-2013

what if none of the 250 people in my league are on line to play?

Magicapples

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Belthound View Post
A vote system is NEEDED in ranked.

You keep complaining about how high dodge rates and rather than look into WHY people are dodging, YOU ARE TRYING TO STOP US FROM DOING IT.

We are dodging because:

1) People cannot agree on roles, they are raging and there is no chemistry or team work from the start. THis typically results in someone making a troll pick to try and force someone else on the team to dodge because we don't want to lose elo and want a competitive and serious game.

2) There is an afk who random picks and IF he comes back expects someone else to dodge. Nuff said.

3) Someone is verbally abusing and raging. They are obviously not going to work well with the team.

4) Someone is intentionally trolling because they are 12. I ran into a guy a month ago who I talked to after the queue dodge. He let me know that he had trolled 14 matches that day because he likes watching people get upset.

This isn't us trying to find a "favorable" matchup as you so ignorantly put it on a regular basis. The majority of queue dodges are us trying to find a SERIOUS, COMPETITIVE game that isn't going to be a massacre because one or more of our team mates is an incompetent nincompoop or a 12 year old rager on a power trip.

We NEED a VOTING SYSTEM. Problem solved. Your excuses in the past have be:

4 man team will abuse this.

HUH? How? Vote system would only be in ranked. There is no such thing as a 4 man team.

This would prevent people from trying new meta.

BS.

Solo/Duo ranked is not the place to EXPERIMENT. And to be honest, as long as what you suggest in ranked is reasonable, people typically don't care and IF someone objects it is not ALL four people. If ALL FOUR people object it is typically something pretty stupid. And to kick someone ALL FOUR would need to agree.

I just went garen mid a few games ago. My team was fine with that because I explained that we had an ap jungle and ap top and garen countered their mid laner. No objections. I was reasonable and it wasn't an experiment.

If you want to TRY new meta go to NORMALS OR ranked 5v5. If you want to see how a practiced, new meta works. ASK YOUR TEAM, if they disagree or are not on board and the decision is unanimous then you are out of luck. If the other four people on your team are not on board and you do it anyways, YOU ARE WORKING AGAINST YOUR TEAM. This game is about team work and when you have a rogue agent who is going to do whatever they want it is counter productive.

FORCING people to queue with idiots, afks, and trolls does not encourage team work as you might naively believe. Most people WANT to work with their team. Most do not want to work with ragers, trolls, and afks. Which is why we dodge.

This idea that you have to try and prevent dodges is stupid.
As an educator that is such an asinine way to deal with the issue because it doesn't address the issue. That is like me wanting to stop a kid from crying by removing their tear ducts and vocal chords instead of figuring out why s/he is crying and figuring out how to remedy that. YOu just see a behavior you want to stop, and instead of figuring out why it is happening you instead are trying to instill fear of consequences in us. Any behavioral health professional will tell you THAT DOES NOT WORK. Think you would have learned by now. You have taken our elo, banned us etc and it isn't working. It is just pissing people off.
funny that this needs to be explained to riot

Fadedcamo

01-16-2013

Guys, from what I can understand, ELO matchmaking is still very much in the new system. It seems that matchmaking hasn't changed at all, merely the cosmetics of it and badge rewards. Honestly, I still think it's a good change, if implemented right. The fact that you can't drop a tier once earned should make for less pressure on having a bad losing streak, assuming you've made the tier you think you deserve. However, if you read some of Riot's previous posts in this thread, your ELO still determines who you match up against in what I'm assuming is the exact same process as it is now. Your tier or division or league has no bearing on who you get matched with. So, someone in Gold league can be matched with someone in Bronze if their ELO is similar. Now, it's simply hidden.

I still would like an answer that has been posed earlier. What if someone is newly in a higher tier, and purposefully loses a bunch of games to have their ELO lowered and can't be punished since they won't be dropped from their tier. Then, they can be matched up with players well below their skill since their ELO dropped and carry a lot of games to "farm" LP. Perhaps a solution to this would to make your LP earned factor into your tier level and ELO rating, so if you're matched up with low ELO players while being in a high tier, you gain less LP?

What I imagine in this system that instead of "elo hell", we will now have "division 1 hell", being that the lowest division in each tier is full of trolls and "people who don't belong" since there aren't any consequences to being stuck in the lowest division of each tier and losing beyond being at 0 LP. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Also, I really don't like the idea of harsher punishments for dodging, like was said for dodging your best of 3 or 5 match can punt you out of advancement. Like the poster above said, dodging is sometimes required to avoid a very adverse situation. You guys should really try playing some low elo games without red badges, because there are a lot of trollers/selfish people in the queue who force dodges on purpose. I very much like the idea of 4 man voting to kick someone in the draft, think it would help allieviate some of the dodging issues people have.

Veevos

01-16-2013

You say that if the player has not completed placement in the preseason, the player will have to complete a series of placement matches in the new league system. What if the player ends the preseason with 9/10 ranked placement games played? Will they have to replay all 10 games to be placed, or will they just have to finish the last game?

Edmiester

01-16-2013

I have always wanted to give ranked try. This new change will make it feel less daunting to break into the competitive side of LoL! I like!