New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zesty Juicers

01-15-2013

If you lose a match even though you are carrying a team or doing very well in kills and objectives will you lose less points or would you lose the regular amount? I had this problem with the Elo system. I would win a couple matches and my friend would want to play with me but I would always lose with him cause he would throw the game or someone would afk

latepopcorn

01-15-2013

Yeah well nice update and all...
But let me get this straight, your ranked Solo Queue placement will be based on a team performance?
GG riot GG

Arch Angeloid

01-15-2013

So this is basically Starcraft 2 ranked style.

Loc

01-15-2013

Curious about something: is the Challenger tier going to be like Grandmaster in SC2, in that you can't fall out once you're in unless you're inactive? I don't see this working since seasons reset every year, rather than a couple months.

Won't the Challenger tier be nothing but the same guys for a year?

ShineyCubone

01-15-2013

Is this system something you plan to play with a little bit before season 3, or is it something you want to test in the preseason?

JewBoo561

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-15-2013

in the promotion series is going to take all day to complete like 5 hours of gameplay because it is best of 5 so first team to win 3 games wins the series that could take many of hours.......

Trogdor T B

01-15-2013

I'm looking forward to breaking into the Ranked game types finally. I've been to scared to previously, but with a new system that seems aimed at allowing people to join in close to their actual skill set I think i'm up for the challenge.

eabe

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straynar View Post
The problem is, there's really no "ROLES" it's all part of the meta game what people build. You can be an AP carry on bot solo, AD Carry mid, duo jungle, all sorts of combos. All tanks, no tanks, just depends. So the role thing is eh. Who says the tank top isn't a sup, or tank jungle isn't. It's all debatable. But there are really no "roles".
Did you miss the part I said lane swaps. Sure you could have an all AP team. It doesn't mean the role is not there. It is just not played instead. And having a missed role is like having a game you know your going to loose.

I don't care if you want to play Ashe as AP mid. though she only has 1 ap skill. It is still a role. I explained the whole role vs meta thing before. Only to get idiots telling me it is only a meta. It is not just a meta. It is the nature of the game. The meta is to strive for balanced teams. As is it is in most competitive games. Your logic fails when you think the meta will change.

Sure the meta might mean the support role goes away as we know it. But will that change 5 people fighting over where they want to lane? Your understanding of what the meta is, is the problem.

ZeroV0

01-15-2013

just throwing my two cents out there and I really would like to be proven wrong but this is exactly what Starcraft2 did and nobody likes it, and it sucks it is also part of why I left SC2 for LOL, I don't want to leave LOL. I still don't like it and don't want it. also i hate the idea of having a hidden ELO you don't play ranked for fun that is why the normal ELO is hidden because it doesn't matter.

Bubbles of HK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

This is basically the starcraft 2 system.