Ap nidalee really op dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inFe eD

01-15-2013

I'm perfectly fine with one of the hardest champions in the game being OP. :3

Also, if she's so OP, why were there absolutely no complaints about her anywhere until the week I picked her up? The only recent change to her was the heal nerf removal from Dominion, which most players who don't play Nidalee don't even take into account, and now she's suddenly OP? Honestly, just let me play fun things in peace.

MMKH

01-15-2013

What makes her OP is her jungle control via traps and long-range poke, as well as being able to move faster in brush. Also due to the fact that if she has a strong front-line that you simply cannot ignore. It makes it hard to go after a Nid because you will usually not be able to catch her and if you try, your team will die. But at the same time if nobody tries to kill or zone her, she is free to chunk from a safe distance.

Eyemite

01-15-2013

I watch "high elo" dominion all the time on live streams and nid is not a rare pick to see honesty, and guess what? spears land all the time. Not sure how this correlation between elo and spears landing came about. She is a solid champ from what i've seen.

Tempestphile

01-15-2013

some people have an old monitor like me, its so freaking hard to dodge spears when it looks 90% identical to the color of the dominion paths

Not to mention my ping is around 180-200 most days

She was fine when her spear had a pink grow, never really had trouble against her back then

Xavderion

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Midnight View Post
Your low elo, at high elos people know how to dodge spears.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtB_IBwKDfs

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
I'm perfectly fine with one of the hardest champions in the game being OP. :3

Also, if she's so OP, why were there absolutely no complaints about her anywhere until the week I picked her up? The only recent change to her was the heal nerf removal from Dominion, which most players who don't play Nidalee don't even take into account, and now she's suddenly OP? Honestly, just let me play fun things in peace.
Don't flatter yourself. Just because Sauron put Nidalee in some retarded tier 3, doesn't mean that there weren't other people who thought she was overpowered at the time.

SifuCalvin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

She is definitely Tier 1 due to incredible map presence in two forms: 1 being cougar and brush mobility and 2 being trap presence. She has arguably the strongest top fight poke in the game, extremely slippery, massive damage, utility, and has really no holes in her game if played well enough.

Some of this OPness can be avoided by learning to juke while she is fighting in cougar form and potentially dodge a swipe or pounce and by paying constant attention to spears. They are a slow moving skill shot and are easy to dodge by strong players. Playing as Nidalee I occasionally have to throw the spear 10-20 degrees away from the champion to anticipate a dodge when playing against sharp players.

She also has that global taunt. Meow

Stark Midnight

01-15-2013

Either way i agree with Sauron, there are so many better picks then Nidalee that even calling her OP seems ludicrous. Tanks shut her down and a team full of strong initiators make her look like a fool seeing she can't get off enough poke before team fights start or safely navigate the jungle without getting zoned away from her team or killed.

All of her strongest abilities are easily avoidable, spears are a joke to doge, and even with highly skilled nidalees you shouldn't be constanlty being hit by them. And the same with her traps. Also her map presence isn't strong. Map presence doesn't just stand for "being all over the map" but also your influence over it. This is the reason Kassadn is OP, he can easily kill people wherever he is. An AP nidalee coming to gank bot, no problem, just dodge her spear and there goes 50%+ of her dps.

blackDAILO

01-15-2013

Spears are good and all, but traps OP.

Free void staff, 12 second reveal; if there's a skilled Nidalee on your team, you have a huge advantage over your enemies.

HaIfhearted

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
I think you picked her up at about the time people were really starting to figure out that Nidalee was actually really powerful.

If I remember, Sifu had been using her for about a week or 2 before you started, and before that everyone just had a "Nid is weak/balanced" mentality.

Kinda reminds me of back when people didn't think Teemo was op.