Ap nidalee really op dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

emmittgator

01-15-2013

I love playing dominion with her. People overlook her. Her spears can half health people and keep them off capture points from so far away.

She has amazing escape, great sustain, traps that can keep sight around towers, once tripped. And her damage in Kitty is amazing.

If you don't believe me just check my match history, she's the only champ I play in dominion.

grifbomber

01-15-2013

all she does is sit in bushes behind windmill and shoot spears. if an ad bruiser catches you and you can't cougar leap away then you're toast.

davyo11

01-15-2013

She's great but I partially agree with the guy above me. She has good escape in cougar form but if pounce is on cooldown you are kinda screwed. Also she seems to fall off late game if your enemies start to build mr which is usually the case. But she is really good the last dominion tournament In fed dominated with her.

Stark Midnight

01-15-2013

Your low elo, at high elos people know how to dodge spears.

ZallKlos

01-15-2013

But they know how to aim spears too.

Stark Midnight

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZallKlos View Post
But they know how to aim spears too.
lol true enough but spears are a slow skillshot. Eitherway i don't see how anyone could think nidalee is OP. She's a solid pick but that at most. Her game presence is very low, even if she has a high KDR her team could still easily lose.

HaIfhearted

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Midnight View Post
lol true enough but spears are a slow skillshot. Eitherway i don't see how anyone could think nidalee is OP. She's a solid pick but that at most. Her game presence is very low, even if she has a high KDR her team could still easily lose.
Nidalee actually has quite good presence throughout the game.

Spears hit harder than a lot of ultimates, and have this annoying glitch where they occasionally turn invisible.
Plus, they are on an extremely low cooldown.

However, while they are incredibly strong, spears are only a part of her kit.

I would argue that the most annoying thing about Nidalee is actually her traps.
Those things give 12 seconds of vision, and reduce armor and MR by 40%.
Just for reference, that is pre-S3 LW + Void Staff in a single spell. For 12 seconds.

Plus, they can't be safely cleared except by walking over them with a spellshield or using some form of minion to do it for you, except the minion method will still give her vision and let her know that someone is/was there.

Add to that her high base damages, high mobility, ridiculously powerful poke, and ability to kill most squishies with relative ease, and it becomes easy to see why she has been a top pick in the recent DominateDominion tournies.

Defendi

01-15-2013

Please. You should be embarrassed complain about a Nid.

Ikruti

01-15-2013

A good Nidalee is a terror. She is somewhat difficult to play well though, so that caps her.

As for dodging spears, that's great and well except for those that come from the fog of war while you're capping a point. The only way I manage is that I have to time out the spear CD in my head and pre-emptively dodge due to that stun you get from breaking the channel on the point. Time one wrong and bam, half your health is gone.

Wawix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

With the downfall of traps thanks to new Lightbringer/Sweeper, Nidalee is going to be one of the new ops that will get permabanned in tournaments.