I may watch the news too much...

12345612 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shirtl0l

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukertin View Post
You know why the US doesn't negotiate with terrorists? Its the same reason you don't give a burgular your stuff when you have other options at your disposal. Like shooting the guys knee cap.
You should not have the power to blow someones legs off as you see fit. Again, you're the type of scary person that should not own a gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukertin View Post
You are officially a moron and thus, ignored due to your blatant stupidity.
Good, I almost didn't reply to you because I felt the same way about you.

lukertin

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirtl0l View Post
You should not have the power to blow someones legs off as you see fit. Again, you're the type of scary person that should not own a gun.
When someone enters my home at night unannounced and without my permission, his life is forfeit, not mine. You are the type of person who lets others walk all over him and do whatever they want. Good for you, we need more slaves in this world.

[/quote]
Good, I almost didn't reply to you because I felt the same way about you.[/QUOTE]
Do you know why you are a moron? A country with a gun ban that has lower gun violence doesn't mean jack **** except to idiots like you, if they still have violent crime on a level commensurate with a country with no gun bans.

You are extremely stupid not to realize this.

Shirtl0l

01-15-2013

Overall murder rate per 100,000 people in the US is 4x higher than the UK.

You are extremely troll to troll.

lukertin

01-15-2013

I love it when idiots like you a) change their original argument in an attempt to look less stupid after they have been called out on it
And b) fail to completely address issues which have been brought up.

Shirtl0l

01-15-2013

You're finished.

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Quote:
In the US gun murders per 100,000 people occur 41x more often than the UK.

Banning is affective.
And on the flipside the UK has a higher criminal rate in stabbings amongst other things. This is also noting that the banning of guns does not remove gun homicides whatsoever - only reduce as they still occur several years after they were outlawed. Also note that the majority of gun homicides in the US are caused by gangbangers and illegal immigrants within large cities (ie Chicago).

So two things here:
1) gun outlaw proves effective but does not solve the problem and has inverse relationships with other homicide rates. (meaning that when gun homicides go down, others go up)
2) why couldn't we in the US simply make a much larger effort to crack down on these various gang related activities themselves that continues to push our criminal statistics through the roof? Rather then pushing a blanket law on everyone? Hypothetically speaking of course.

Shirtl0l

01-15-2013

Worstcase

You are confused. the UK has 1/4 the overall homicide rate and 1/41 specifically with guns as the US.

I said this... I'm not going to go in circles.

Banning is affective, it's proven in the statistics.

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Quote:
Worstcase

You are confused. the UK has 1/4 the overall homicide rate and 1/41 specifically with guns as the US.

I said this... I'm not going to go in circles.

Banning is affective, it's proven in the statistics.
No you misunderstand me. To rephrase my statement; the UK has a higher stabbing rate because gun homicides are down. It is an inverse relationship as I also said. The UK has reduced their gun homicides, but if you look at the homicide rates in other categories then you'll see an increase. Basically you've pushed a portion of deaths via shooting to stabbing.

Are you from the UK per chance?

vcadoda

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worstcase View Post
And on the flipside the UK has a higher criminal rate in stabbings amongst other things. This is also noting that the banning of guns does not remove gun homicides whatsoever - only reduce as they still occur several years after they were outlawed. Also note that the majority of gun homicides in the US are caused by gangbangers and illegal immigrants within large cities (ie Chicago).

So two things here:
1) gun outlaw proves effective but does not solve the problem and has inverse relationships with other homicide rates. (meaning that when gun homicides go down, others go up)
2) why couldn't we in the US simply make a much larger effort to crack down on these various gang related activities themselves that continues to push our criminal statistics through the roof? Rather then pushing a blanket law on everyone? Hypothetically speaking of course.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...der-rate-unodc
average homicide rate per 100k people
was:
.5 for Japan (2008)
.8 for Germany (2010)
1.1 for China (2008)
1.2 for UK (2009)
1.8 for Canada (2009)
2 for Iraq (2008)
5 for US (2009)
18.1 for Mexico (2010)

So US is still beating UK in homicides

Shirtl0l

01-15-2013

Okay I see, the murder rate in the UK is down because people aren't dying from the stabbings.

I consider that a step in the right direction, though you are statistically 2x more likely to get stabbed in the UK than you are shot and killed in the US.

12345612 ... 14