is ABAM like the tryhard mode of ARAM?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

havikryan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2013

now and then i play an ABAM(all blind all mid) because i just feel like playing w/e i want, due to my normal elo all my normal games are stricly meta so pick outside it and i get flamed to death.

anyways so i try funny stuf in ABAM only i notice that every game contains atleast a yi/lux/nidalee/amumu/malph/mundo/blitz, this makes me wonder do people not play that game mode for fun? i find myself always getting roflstomped in ABAM because i pick champions i want to try out.

Boyahda

01-13-2013

I'm willing to bet cash money in the bank that the dodge rate goes up by whatever percent when there is a Nidalee, Yi, etc. on the other team simiply because it's not fun playing against that.

So, how do you get to play those heroes in Aram?

Play Abam.

Zielmann

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by havikryan View Post
now and then i play an ABAM(all blind all mid) because i just feel like playing w/e i want, due to my normal elo all my normal games are stricly meta so pick outside it and i get flamed to death.

anyways so i try funny stuf in ABAM only i notice that every game contains atleast a yi/lux/nidalee/amumu/malph/mundo/blitz, this makes me wonder do people not play that game mode for fun? i find myself always getting roflstomped in ABAM because i pick champions i want to try out.
People play ABAM for the same reason you do: they just want to play that one specific champion. Difference being that they're wanting to because they want to play a champion that they'll likely not get to play in an ARAM because they generally get dodged. Some people also just want to see what an 'all-star' team would feel like to play.

My preference is for ARAM, but if I did anything else on PG, it would be ADAM (draft pick).

Kalarepa

01-13-2013

I tried few ABAMs and it's not for me. You don't pick the hero, you like. You pick the hero, who's broken to have any chances vs enemies, who picked 5 broken heroes.

FDru

01-13-2013

I hate when people pick a bunch of OPs in ABAM. It's kind of expected... but it's called All Blind not All The Most OP Champs You Can Think Of.

I run ABAMs simple to avoid the endless dodgefest that is ARAM and to avoid the all poke vs all melee stupidity that often happens. ARAM is just too lopsided far too often. This doesn't happen in ABAM but it still sucks the fun out of the game when one team insists on picking every god tier champ they can think of.

I just laugh when we have 4 of the most OP champs on the team already and one idiot is still going "OMG need tank" or "we need blitz". Like... no, we don't.

Emperór

01-13-2013

"tryhard" is another way of saying "qq i got pwned so now im gonna make a thread on forumz"

havikryan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperór View Post
"tryhard" is another way of saying "qq i got pwned so now im gonna make a thread on forumz"
i got owned i admit and yet your post bring no relevance to this thread, i was merely wondering why everyone chooses picking OP champions above picking for fun

THEPILL

01-14-2013

thats like asking why do u like to win?

Zarkof

01-14-2013

people like playing cheap champs because it makes them feel better about themselves.

FreeGothitelle

01-14-2013

People play to win.
They pick champs that will give them the best shot at winning.
Pretty simple.