Disable Chat for Tribunal Offenders instead of Bans

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoinTBlanK86

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getsuei View Post
Of course they would have to give guidelines. Riot came up with the system/game, they run it, and they have the final say in it. And I have pardoned plenty of people, so have many others. Guess what, we still have voting rights. The type of argument you are giving, when Riot has stated what the rules are, is equivelent to someone breaking the law in the United States and using the excuse, but this is a free country.
Not at all. This first off, isn't a country we're talking about, it's a game, completely supported by it's community and players. Without them, this game ceases to exist. They do not give guidelines, they SAY they are guidelines, but it is set in stone. As I said before, and as the mods here have posted, if you do not punish when their system that goes back and rechecks cases automatically says to punish, and if you disagree too much, you lose your right to vote. Even still, some They are all clearly listed in this thread. What you have said about Riot thinking the community should judge has already been presented, and I have already responded to how that is not the case. It's on page 4 of this thread.people will pardon...some, but you don't think the fact that Riot has basically says exactly how you better judge doesn't influence peoples decision on how they themselves would actually choose to vote? Of course it has an influence, a huge one.

PoinTBlanK86

01-10-2013

Quote:
Defending yourself against a crime, with a crime, is punishable.
Self defense is not a crime, and never should be.....Riot. *hint hint*

PoinTBlanK86

01-13-2013

Down-voting my replies with no rebuttal Getsuei? That's creative.

PoinTBlanK86

01-13-2013

This thread, that would be a HUGE improvement to the tribunal system is just going to die and get no response from any of the Reds? You all care about your Community....supposedly? Let's hear something back. And don't give the typical, 'there is a mute function', because you also try to argue the other side with banned people saying 'They shouldn't have to use the mute function' ('We basically added a mute function to add a useless button').

Filthy Meadows

01-13-2013

i agree with this wholeheartedly, needs to be implemented, putting it on my bump list

Filthy Meadows

01-13-2013

up

Sessamo

01-13-2013

If you're seriously at the point where Riot needs to remove your ability to chat, chances are nobody wants you in their game.
Think of a permaban as a breakup. You might feel that your behavior is okay, but one party clearly does not and has no desire to continue any kind of relationship with you.

Getsuei

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoinTBlanK86 View Post
Down-voting my replies with no rebuttal Getsuei? That's creative.
Actually, it wasn't me lol. If you are civil in your discussion, even if we can not convince each other of our points, I will not downvote a post.

Getsuei

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoinTBlanK86 View Post
Self defense is not a crime, and never should be.....Riot. *hint hint*
I honestly thought what I typed was pretty fool proof ><

Case: Defending yourself against a crime, with a crime, is punishable.

Defending yourself is not punishable. Defending yourself while being civil is not punishable. Defending yourself by muting the offending player is not punishable. Defending yourself but commiting the exact same crime as the offender, when it could have been accomplished with less force(muting, for example) is punishable.

Filthy Meadows

01-13-2013

Quote:
I honestly thought what I typed was pretty fool proof ><

Case: Defending yourself against a crime, with a crime, is punishable.

Defending yourself is not punishable. Defending yourself while being civil is not punishable. Defending yourself by muting the offending player is not punishable. Defending yourself but commiting the exact same crime as the offender, when it could have been accomplished with less force(muting, for example) is punishable.
not true, in my state i'm allowed to use whatever force is used against me

for example if a robber has a gun and tries to rob me, i can shoot him in the head no questions asked