Preseason Three Digi-Art Throwdown Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

12fingerJIM

01-11-2013

This is gonna be good...now what to give to my main man Taric...

LunarXV

01-11-2013

Can we express artistic freedom on designing some of the weapons? I plan on using the Blade of the Ruined King but only the hilt of the art is shown :{ I'm free to design it base on my imagination right ?

MsPudding

Sentient Pudding

Follow MsPudding on Twitter

01-11-2013
3 of 24 Riot Posts

Hey all,

In the interest of helping clear up any misconceptions beforehand, let me provide some additional context on the contest requirements and what you can expect in the judging process.

The "Contest Rules" in the first post of this thread are all of equal weight. Just because the first rule is a requirement that you must include Season 3 items, does not mean S3 items must be the one and only centerpiece of your entry. Yes, it is equally important to us that you make your entry 100% appropriate for all ages, as it is that you include a season three item, and show champions training or preparing for Season 3 in some visible way. As long as these details are included, your entry is "eligible". This does not mean that if you stuff every single item in LoL somewhere in the piece that it will increase your chances. Remember, this is an art contest! Layout and artistic vision will matter just as much in the end.

In the new contest FAQ, you'll also find additional detail on what kinds of questions we ask ourselves about each entry in the sorting process. I hope this provides additional direction when you are double checking your entry for quality in the creation process.

Good luck to everyone involved! I can't wait to see all the amazing art

R41313IT

01-11-2013

Support. Really hoping to see some new art works, esp. ones made by fans.

Resther

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
Wacom tablets?!

This speaks to every artist's heart...
Not mine. I've owned a Wacom Tablet and hated it. Couldn't do anything with it. I'll be sticking to good, old, trusty Pencils and Paper for my artwork.

I'll definitely be entering this contest though. I've recently noticed a dramatic improvement in my artwork, so I'll be trying my hand at a contest finally. And on topof that, I've been dying to do artwork of Elise, so now I have even more of a reason to do so !

MsPudding

Sentient Pudding

01-11-2013
4 of 24 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarXIII View Post
Can we express artistic freedom on designing some of the weapons? I plan on using the Blade of the Ruined King but only the hilt of the art is shown :{ I'm free to design it base on my imagination right ?
Yes, definitely. Do make sure a random LoL player would still be able to identify it as that item though!

For example, in the case of the new item "Twin Shadows", I couldn't quite tell what this item is. After asking around in the design department, I learned it's actually supposed to be a little wraith wearing a collar. If you look at the icon while tilting your head to the right, you'll see the resemblance of a ghostly character with glowing eyes and a collar on. It's quite fun to think of how this might be fleshed out in 3d form. I'd imagine a cute glowing wraith doll with a collar.

MsPudding

Sentient Pudding

01-11-2013
5 of 24 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resther View Post
Not mine. I've owned a Wacom Tablet and hated it. Couldn't do anything with it. I'll be sticking to good, old, trusty Pencils and Paper for my artwork.

I'll definitely be entering this contest though. I've recently noticed a dramatic improvement in my artwork, so I'll be trying my hand at a contest finally. And on topof that, I've been dying to do artwork of Elise, so now I have even more of a reason to do so !
Do note that the grand prize is actually a giant backlit HD tablet that you can draw directly on. It's a very different experience than using a small wacom

I'm excited to see what you come up with I haven't seen too much Elise fan art yet myself.

Diss

01-11-2013

Dat prices oh my gosh D:! i wish i drawed moar and played less. I may give it a try though to see how bad i lose.

Bluesparks

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resther View Post

Tablet drawing isn't for everyone, especially with entry-level tablets--the sensation of drawing in one place and seeing it crop up in another is a little disorienting. Plus tablets aren't and will never be as sensitive and responsive as pencil/paper--they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Can't wait to see more Elise though. She's awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPudding View Post
Do note that the grand prize is actually a giant backlit HD tablet that you can draw directly on. It's a very different experience than using a small wacom
I believe the five runners-up also receive a slightly lower quality backlit tablet with a built-in display as well, so there is that...man I could really use one of those. Imma get stomped by all the badass artists out there for sure, but I CAN DREAM K.

Cub Cody

01-11-2013

Will riot be posting all the sent in artwork? so the general LoL public can see them too?