riot needs a ping filter for its match making system

yes 17 36.96%
no 29 63.04%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

riot please filter high ping players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bufarron

01-11-2013

as far as i know, my country has the worst ping ever...

(i am from uruguay, and our route goes through brazil, making the number of jumps higher than them) ... and we have the worst ping always in all my matches... but in almost every match i ended up being the best player on my team (doesn't mean i'm pro)... but i prefer being filtered by skills... maybe there are an elo range where the ping can be a real pain... but in my range (elo hell), it doesn't

Ippiki Okami

01-11-2013

I just do not see the point of doing it, queues can be long enough as is at times, why make it pointlessly worse ?

Heal n Peel

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippiki Okami View Post
I just do not see the point of doing it, queues can be long enough as is at times, why make it pointlessly worse ?
Not to mention if you have other people currently using your connection.

"I had a great day today with only 20 sec queues."
*Next day*
"10 min queues today because my roommate was torrenting an MM place me in High ping queue."

HamsterOfWar

01-11-2013

This will mean excluding around half of Australia

Phil McGroin

01-11-2013

So because you dislike "none us players on us servers," or because you think that anyone with a ping over 100 is going to be detrimental to your game experience (I can only assume it's one of these two reasons, since you didn't really explain why you feel this way about them), players like me from Australia, who play on NA because all my US friends do too, shouldn't be allowed to play with everyone else?

Why would you want to put people with high pings together anyway? That game would be far less playable if everybody in it had a high ping, rather than one or two people. But that's okay, we can play our much poorer quality game as long as you have your super fast response one.

"Oh no. This guy takes two tenths of a second to respond instead of one tenth of a second. GG."

League of Legends is a free game so everybody can play it. We don't need to start skewing the matchmaking to be elitist about what types of connection we will play with.

Just Get Better

01-11-2013

Sorry that I'm from Australia and can only play the game on US servers for an at least playable ping. Also high ping =/= bad player.

Laue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

I play just fine (probably even far better than you) at 220 ping.