Irritating for female players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellrose View Post
The majority of the adult human like female champions have unrealistic giant perfectly round boobs that are squeezed into their shirts and popping out the top and a few that were decently dressed get tramps skins added like bunny riven or get updates that make sure to showcase their boobs and midriff.
I don't know where you live, but these are quite common in real life, even in schools ma'am.

The only champion I'd say may be unrealistic is probably Sona, and people like her for it.

InfiniteOmega

01-07-2013

Just taking a quick glance at default splash art, since skins are designed to be out of character alternative representations, i'm seeing that the following (adult human) female champions don't overly "showcase":

Ashe, Diana, Fiora, Irelia, Karma, Kayle, Leona, Lux, Riven, Vayne, Vi. These are also rather diverse in terms of wardrobe.

In fact, the worst "offenders" seem to be anthros and/or nonhumans, e.g., Ahri, Elise, Janna, etc., who, i assume, have idealized bodies because they represent mythical figures.

Eliminating those, what seems to be left is a pool of female champions, some of whom wear revealing outfits, others wearing not-so-revealing ones. The way i see it, the entire range of female clothing, from scantily to thoroughly clad, is represented.

Plorpmeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteOmega View Post
i'm seeing that the following (adult human) female champions don't overly "showcase":

Ashe, Diana, Fiora, Irelia, Karma, Kayle, Leona, Lux, Riven, Vayne, Vi. These are also rather diverse in terms of wardrobe.
The worst offenders, splash art wise anyway, are Kat and Miss Fortune.

MssrLouisCyphre

01-08-2013

Miss Fortune isn't much of an "offender" when that's basically her entire point.

Bioness

01-08-2013

Wasn't Vi suppose to be the supposed non sexualize female character. Yeah she is fully clothed but she still has a very obvious bust, hips, etc.

oCommunist

01-09-2013

the author seems complexed by those skins xDDDD

squeekitoy

01-10-2013

Do the fake computer generated images of certain LoL champions make you feel inadequate? I'm not intimidated by the men. lol I don't see the problem. Woman body = hot.

Indigothud

01-10-2013

Speaking as a woman, I really appreciate it when Riot creates female characters who aren't sexualized in their default presentation; I also appreciate it when there are skins for characters like Sivir that don't require me to look at builder's butt for the entire game.

I do sometimes have disappointments, too, though. I feel like the new Morgana art took away all her grunge and earthiness in favor of a pure, beautiful sexuality that would have been better left to some of her alternate skins, and I stopped playing her as a result of that because I couldn't enjoy her defiance and rage anymore, now that she'd been so blatantly shoehorned into the bland sexual fantasy type. Lux, too, is a lot less adorably nerdy than she used to be now she's smiling like a model up at the camera. So I'm a bit concerned by this trend in the art towards a more uniform beauty in some of the female heroes, rather than a diversity of looks to indicate different personalities.

Mondreus

01-11-2013

How can you feel uneasy just for playing a character? Its like a man should get offended by playing Varus, Brand, Lee Sin, Pantheon...

Yeah, right... They have fantasy clothes and its impossible to have their bodies so I get offended = This thread logic.

I'm not in favor of oversexualized characters (Mind > Body) but it does really matter THAT much to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigothud View Post
I do sometimes have disappointments, too, though. I feel like the new Morgana art took away all her grunge and earthiness in favor of a pure, beautiful sexuality that would have been better left to some of her alternate skins, and I stopped playing her as a result of that because I couldn't enjoy her defiance and rage anymore, now that she'd been so blatantly shoehorned into the bland sexual fantasy type. Lux, too, is a lot less adorably nerdy than she used to be now she's smiling like a model up at the camera. So I'm a bit concerned by this trend in the art towards a more uniform beauty in some of the female heroes, rather than a diversity of looks to indicate different personalities.
So you don't play Morg just because of the splash art...? I agree that the old splash was a lot better, but isn't that exagerated? Her model and dialog are still the same.

Bioness

01-11-2013

^ You wouldn't understand unless you are a woman or are sensitive to this kind of subject.

So please check your privilege. It would be like if every male character looked like 'Brolaf" (Olaf's fraternity skin)