Was this ban Justified?

Yes 163 43.82%
No 156 41.94%
Maybe 53 14.25%
Voters: 372. You may not vote on this poll

Was this ban Justified?

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 32
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-10-2013

I say Maybe....you don't pratice in Ranked games. I would either Punish or Skip this case.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asukie

Senior Member

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
I say Maybe....you don't pratice in Ranked games. I would either Punish or Skip this case.
Well if you play normal how can you ever get better? that's the question.... you learn by experiencing... and you correct those mistakes i think i was fighting a garen top... now when i play riven vs garen i ask for help from jungler... I as a matter of fact i did ask the jungler but he had a grudge against me cuz i was 2nd pick and he was 4th pick and I called top.... and i was higher pick... so he had no right to say anything about my pick :/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

Senior Member

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
I say Maybe....you don't pratice in Ranked games. I would either Punish or Skip this case.
Eh, it's not like the summoner's code says anything about the skill level you should bring to ranked, and he/she wasn't using that fact to troll.

"Guys I've never played this champ before, is it fun? lololol" type comments in ranked would get a punish but that's not what happened here.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GON the Mage Guy

Senior Member

01-10-2013

Something doesn't seem right with this...I get that feeling it's a borderline troll attempt, but not enough to push it over the edge to punish in my head. I probably would have skipped.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asukie View Post
Well if you play normal how can you ever get better? that's the question.... you learn by experiencing... and you correct those mistakes i think i was fighting a garen top... now when i play riven vs garen i ask for help from jungler... I as a matter of fact i did ask the jungler but he had a grudge against me cuz i was 2nd pick and he was 4th pick and I called top.... and i was higher pick... so he had no right to say anything about my pick :/
If you can't win normals games or do well consistently with a champion in Normals, than you can't do well in Ranked. You can't go in Ranked not prepared, saying you using Ranked as practice, that isn't how Ranked work.

I wouldn't of ganked your lane depending on how underlevel you was, how many kills Garen had, and if it was warded.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Getsuei

Senior Member

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asukie View Post
Well if you play normal how can you ever get better? that's the question.... you learn by experiencing... and you correct those mistakes i think i was fighting a garen top... now when i play riven vs garen i ask for help from jungler... I as a matter of fact i did ask the jungler but he had a grudge against me cuz i was 2nd pick and he was 4th pick and I called top.... and i was higher pick... so he had no right to say anything about my pick :/
You practice in normal, it has no effect on someone's elo rating. You said it the opposite way in chat, Practice in ranked to get better at normals(something like that.)

Edit: Found it.


Riven[00:23:40]rank is for practice
Riven[00:23:43]in normals i just stomp


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asukie

Senior Member

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
If you can't win normals games or do well consistently with a champion in Normals, than you can't do well in Ranked. You can't go in Ranked not prepared, saying you using Ranked as practice, that isn't how Ranked work.

I wouldn't of ganked your lane depending on how underlevel you was, how many kills Garen had, and if it was warded.
Fact was garen was pushed 24/7... and I was winning most my normals because i fought against tops that weren't garen.... I thought i was read for ranked... and on top of that I was underleveled by like 3 and all jax did was come up take some farm and leave.....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
Eh, it's not like the summoner's code says anything about the skill level you should bring to ranked, and he/she wasn't using that fact to troll.

"Guys I've never played this champ before, is it fun? lololol" type comments in ranked would get a punish but that's not what happened here.
Summoner's Code does say "Enjoy Yourself, but not at Anyone Else’s Expense". OP went into Ranked as if it was "practice", Ranked isn't meant for practice and considering OP made a comment such as this,

Quote:
Riven [00:15:14] hey
Riven [00:15:15] hey vlad
Riven [00:15:17] no ward
Riven [00:15:19] ha
Riven [00:15:25] lack of wards vlad
Riven [00:15:27] mr goldie
shows that OP was trying to "troll",ignoring teammates advice,(EDIT) or trying to instigate conflict within the team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asukie

Senior Member

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getsuei View Post
You practice in normal, it has no effect on someone's elo rating. You said it the opposite way in chat, Practice in ranked to get better at normals(something like that.)

Edit: Found it.


Riven[00:23:40]rank is for practice
Riven[00:23:43]in normals i just stomp
What i ment is ranked is to practice against players at your level.... of expertise and when i said in normals i just stomp its kinda true :/ because i get squishy tops like lee sin or teemo, nobody goes garen top so What i ment is now next time i know what to do against a garen..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asukie View Post
Fact was garen was pushed 24/7... and I was winning most my normals because i fought against tops that weren't garen.... I thought i was read for ranked... and on top of that I was underleveled by like 3 and all jax did was come up take some farm and leave.....
I don't believe you honestly. You say in chat Ranked is for pratice, but now you saying "I did well in Normals, so I'm ready for Ranked", you contradicting yourself.


12345612 ... 32