League crashing whole computer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KyraoLoL

01-09-2013

I tried the Adobe Air fix, didn't help

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-10-2013

Kyra,

One more set to try,

1. Try turning off vertical sync.
2. Also try setting your FPS cap from stable to benchmark - http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...roubleshooting

EclipseStriker

01-10-2013

Had this issue for few weeks as well really ****ign annoying if u ask me. I'm stuck playing custom games with friends otherwise they dont want to play with me. I have a beast for pc . I play games with insane graphics always with no problem or overheating from any component but when ti come to league AND ONLY league, i can sometimes play from 10minutes to 1-2 games before a crash occur . The game just freeze i can move the mouse but i cant do anything else ctrl+alt+dlt or talk into voice chat or type or anything like that, the only way to fix it is to restart my computer and hope i didnt die in the last fights i was getting myself into so please find a fix cause it's obviously coming from your game and not us since it's happening to alot of us.

CHEECHYCHONG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-10-2013

download seagate hard drive test and burn it to a cd. download memtest and burn that to another cd. run them both and if no errors are reported, the issue is most likely a software issue and reformat is needed or intermittent hardware issue.

KyraoLoL

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
Kyra,

One more set to try,

1. Try turning off vertical sync.
2. Also try setting your FPS cap from stable to benchmark - http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...roubleshooting
I just tested this out, but had the same thing happen after ~8 minutes into a custom.

Attaching the log.

I'll check out the link and see if any of those tips miraculously solves it, but after browsing through them I'm not holding my breath.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-11-2013

The error notes in your log are related to a corrupt installation. I know you said you did reinstall already, but it might be worthwhile to try again, running through this guide, http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...gue-of-legends

Crolapras

01-12-2013

I'm having a similar problem. I'll be playing a game, when the screen goes black and I hear a loud electronic "bang" and then silence, but the computer remains on until I turn it off. I've been playing for a few months now, and I didn't start getting it until a week ago. At first I thought it was related to Dominion (I switched to playing Dominion at the same time), but then I started getting it in SR games.

I only have one r3dlog, as I totally uninstalled LoL, Adobe Air, and Pando, ran a memory check, chkdsk, and a virus scan. I've tried updating AND rolling back my graphics card driver too, as well as turning shadows and vsync off.

I also made a ticket and submitted logs through the Options menu of the client, but figured I might as well post here as well to confirm that more than one person is getting it. I'll include more info as I remember it.

MokaShift

01-13-2013

I've been having the same problem, but it has happened so many times, that it might cause serious permanent damage to my computer.

I start off the game fine, then at around 8-12 minutes into the game, everything stops and my computer turns off. When I try to get back on my computer, it starts up for 20-25 seconds then turns off again. When I can finally come back on my computer without crashing, I get back into the LoL game, but there is a 50/50 chance I will actually be able to stay on for the rest of the game, or I will have another surprise shutdown.

Note: I tried to play a LoL game yesterday, and I got another "surprise shutdown" after only 2 minutes of the game. I tried to log back on my computer, and I had a fatal error and it wouldn't start. Only after a few hours, I turned it on again and my computer turned back on.

Note(2): I am playing on a HP Compaq Laptop, My processor is an AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-64; 2.10 GHz, I'm running on a 32-bit laptop, and RAM is 3 GB (2.75 usable).

KyraoLoL

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
The error notes in your log are related to a corrupt installation. I know you said you did reinstall already, but it might be worthwhile to try again, running through this guide, http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...gue-of-legends
I finally got around to doing a full reinstall. Still happened again. Screen went black, audio started looping the last 4-5 seconds of sound. Had to manually restart.

I'll be going back to Dota 2 until I can figure something out, really wish I could figure out what the hell is causing this...

Kiimuriel

01-20-2013

Having the same issue, I've tried everything I could find on the forums, regardless of whether it seemed like it would help. It is definitely not a temperature issue, nor a hardware issue at all. There is something on Riot's side that is causing the crash for people, as I play much more graphically intense games for hours with no problems whatsoever.