Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lucidia

Member

01-09-2013

Feels like Zilean is using his Time Warp to make this seem like its taking ages. And keeps using Chronoshift just as I am about to die from suspense D:


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreampod

Senior Member

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS18fc4f8fabbd3b View Post
[fauxoutrage] Why is Riot communicating only with European's and ignoring their North American player base? [/fauxoutrage]


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karma Adjuster

Member

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Adjuster View Post
This looks like some fierce competition! Well done everyone!

Attached is my entry, a Gingerbread Vilemaw:

More pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/karmaad...7632421872506/
It's taken a while, and involved a lot of summoner's but with a strong group effort that lasted multiple days, we defeated the gingerbread vile maw.

...although I'm not sure we really defeated it. After all that I never quite felt an attack speed buff kick in.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Balderdinger

Senior Member

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikii View Post
Thank you Devanstator! I didn't think I'd get the last house up. It wouldn't stay together.. I think it must have fallen over at least 5 times *-*

Everyone seems to be posting their process of how they did theirs... Mine was a bit all over the place, and the kitchen was a disaster.. My mom wanted to kill me, haha. But it was all worth it ! I even had some help from my "Nidalee".

Attachment 587000 Attachment 587001 Attachment 587002 Attachment 587003

Attachment 587004 Attachment 587005 Attachment 587006

BTW, Reikii ... what kind of recipe did you use? That is some of the lightest colored gingerbread I've ever seen. lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reikii

Member

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balder1718 View Post
BTW, Reikii ... what kind of recipe did you use? That is some of the lightest colored gingerbread I've ever seen. lol
Would you like the recipe? I personally wasn't expecting the dough to turn out so light, being my second time making gingerbread and first time using this recipe, I did not know what to expect. I used light corn syrup instead of molasses and light brown sugar. If you're looking for dark gingerbread, you would definitely go with molasses or a dark corn syrup and a darker brown sugar, this is what gives your gingerbread its colour. Next time around, I'll probably go darker, I prefer the traditional look. However, I probably would not of been able to add colour to parts of my gingerbread if it were darker. Definitely a learning experience.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

scyllamonster

Junior Member

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Adjuster View Post
It's taken a while, and involved a lot of summoner's but with a strong group effort that lasted multiple days, we defeated the gingerbread vile maw.

...although I'm not sure we really defeated it. After all that I never quite fell an attack speed buff kick in.
Fantastic!! Awesome Vilemaw.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lucidia

Member

01-10-2013

Yeah the color is all based on the syrup you used. Light corn syrup = uber light. Normal corn syrup = bit darker. Darkest would be using molasses. Corn syrup would have been the better route for me to go mostly for cost but when I talked to my mom she insisted I use molasses xD Kind of wish I would have done half and half. Found one recipe that used honey instead of corn syrup or molasses.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reikii

Member

01-10-2013

The recipe I ended up choosing was initially because of cost and it ended up working really really well once I figured out how to properly mix it. First batch I ended up chucking and aImost gave up. It was super crumbly but once I figured out how to get it to mix it, it came out perfect. I found the corn syrup actually works pretty damn good and would recommend it if you're looking for an easy to use, structural gingerbread recipe. I also saw a honey recipe but I'm not sure how it would fair for making buildings.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lucidia

Member

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikii View Post
The recipe I ended up choosing was initially because of cost and it ended up working really really well once I figured out how to properly mix it. First batch I ended up chucking and aImost gave up. It was super crumbly but once I figured out how to get it to mix it, it came out perfect. I found the corn syrup actually works pretty damn good and would recommend it if you're looking for an easy to use, structural gingerbread recipe. I also saw a honey recipe but I'm not sure how it would fair for making buildings.
Yeah that is why I just obeyed my mom. She was like its not real gingerbread unless there is molasses xD I kept getting frustrated with mine because it would only let you work with it so much before all it would do is crumble.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Wild Magikarp

Senior Member

01-10-2013

Another thing to remember is that it's much easier to make your product darker than it is lighter. If you end up with something too light, there are always food colorings that can darken things up. Additionally, you can always leave your product in the over a little longer to let it darken up naturally.