Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JimMaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

Popping you passive is not really a "safe" jungle, because that would mean you lost all the "tankiness" your kit provides you. If you get caught after using your passive you will be much less of a threat and also you will be unable to gank as much safely as you would like.
Though I tend to pop his passive before using potions if I'm not expecting an early counter-jungler or if I'm not going to lv 2 gank.

Also, I don't think his ganks are that great since you will most of the time catch your enemy closer to their turret than with almost any other jungler. They have to be pushing for you to have as much chances to succeed without losing someone in the process.

Iklo

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMaru View Post
Popping you passive is not really a "safe" jungle, because that would mean you lost all the "tankiness" your kit provides you. If you get caught after using your passive you will be much less of a threat and also you will be unable to gank as much safely as you would like.
Though I tend to pop his passive before using potions if I'm not expecting an early counter-jungler or if I'm not going to lv 2 gank.

Also, I don't think his ganks are that great since you will most of the time catch your enemy closer to their turret than with almost any other jungler. They have to be pushing for you to have as much chances to succeed without losing someone in the process.
Pop at blue, you have 5 health pots to keep you topped off after that and then it will be back up before your clear is done believe me. Your clear is so long that its impossible for it not to be back up by then. I do agree that his ganking is not as good as say, Mao, Hec, Amumu, ect., and the sad thing is that they all have better clear times which basically makes Volibear a crappy jungler compared to them because they have better clear times and better ganks. However, ganks are his only good aspect as a jungler. His sustain in the jungle is meh, his clear time is sickening, and his ganks are good, not amazing, but good.

A bouncy Furret

01-09-2013

Hey the name change finally updated on the forums.

BigPatches

01-09-2013

This seems interesting. I like the approach of reworking slightly rather than outright buffing

Sewp0rNewb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

A rework could be cool, but honestly, as an avid Volibear player, getting rid of the cast animation on his ult is all he really needs. A lot of people just don't know how to play him, as has been mentioned already.

Knight of Dusk

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A bouncy Furret View Post
Hey the name change finally updated on the forums.
Oh wow I didn't notice that was you at first Ursa. Nice name!

Also BUMP. Volty talk to us man, surely there must be some juicy details you can share with us!

A bouncy Furret

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Dusk View Post
Oh wow I didn't notice that was you at first Ursa. Nice name!

Also BUMP. Volty talk to us man, surely there must be some juicy details you can share with us!
Thanks. Do you know what else is new?

My new desktop has finished being built. NO MORE ****TY LAPTOP GAMING!

LarcyBrown

01-11-2013

Did you guys know that with the 1% added in masteries, with flat health quints and % health seals.
You can have 806 hp at lvl 1 with a doren shield with the bear.
Dont forget 8.5% more hp scales into late game a bit as well.

Iklo

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarcyBrown View Post
Did you guys know that with the 1% added in masteries, with flat health quints and % health seals.
You can have 806 hp at lvl 1 with a doren shield with the bear.
Dont forget 8.5% more hp scales into late game a bit as well.
Math has proven that this is a poor rune setup. Yes, it may give you tankiness during early game, but resistances are far better than any health scaling with runes.

However, it is still a very viable build indeed. You can reach over 5k health with every item in your build having some health on it. The seals give around 200 hp at 18 and juggernaut gives around 195 hp, which isnt bad, but the resistances still beat it out in overall effectiveness, but it is based on playstyle not overall superiority.

Aacey

01-11-2013

i play and love volibear, he was the first champ i played that i felt an affinity for.

i heard some thought on changing his e and i just have one request please let him at least keep the aoe creep fear ,it is the one thing that let me conquer my innate fear of shaco and leblanc.

my thoughts on his skills

passive it would be great if this would work with cdr

Q: aside from it being buggy and ppl not always flipping behind bear i really see no changes you could make to this maybe a passive or active cc reduction but thats about it

W i think the stack requirement for bite should be raised from 3 to 5-9, other possible ideas include, make it cast-able no matter the stack but with every stack increase the health scaling (i guess like varus), make casting it remove all current stacks, give it a cd refresh(partial or complete) if it kills the unit. on max stacks give it additional effect such as a mini version of his ult or a slow ( in the event you remove his e entirely)

E i love the aoe creep fear but i would say that this does feel like his most useless ability. if you were to remake this id suggest something that lets him be kited a little less easily,continued in r

R i like this skill less than his E (because of the creep fear) but i like the idea and have a couple of thought s on it. It doesn't feel like an ult to me. its just another skill that pushes lane and has a long CD. i saw an idea that spoke about integrating his E with this but id rather do it the other way around, nerf the dmg and make this the E.
and give him a more Ultimate ultimate, such as ignore terrain for some time( a bearlike thing to do clime trees and cliffs etc*.

above all what i think is the most useless on him is the ap scaling, it is not high enough to go ap tank and i dont like that idea even if it was, id prefer more hp scaling.

from my perspective the only thing for the most part w/o a counter about volibear is his bite stack requirement

All ideas are just food for thought feel free to modify them as you wish i don't understand enough about the balancing system so this is the best i can do.