[SKIN] Blood Moon Ahri (w/ Splash Art!)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foxbyte

01-08-2013

Perhaps the thread title is a bit misleading. The "splash art" isn't exactly done (just some lines and flat color really), but given how many weeks typically sit in between my drawing sessions I figured I ought to just get something out there now.

Anyway, they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here goes:

Attachment 589133

FYI, her right hand (the one stretched downward toward the viewer) will eventually be the one which controls her fox-orb, like in the other Ahri splash art.

This design is based off the whole seductress idea from various fox-spirit lore stories, namely the ones from Japan and Korea.

The kitsune/kumiho seems to me to be a character who rarely shows its true nature, but instead uses deception, subterfuge, and charisma to manipulate those around it for its own gain. Hence the smiling mask, which hide Ahri's true expression, and the hood, a stereotypical clothing item for people hiding who (or what) they are. The mask will eventually have a porcelain-type surface.

The floating sash and bells are intended to be a reference to the loose traditional clothing of the Japanese/Korean people, though hers are a bit different and more anti-gravity than average.

The white gloves will be of a satin-like material, and will resemble the long gloves you might see a bride wear at a wedding.

As for the rest of the outfit, there wasn't a super clear design choice here. I knew I wanted a long coat that didn't block her tails from coming out (a problem most noticeable on the Moonlight Ahri skin). In general I was going for an appearance which was, shall we say, not conservative.

Finally, her pose and positioning are intended to give Ahri an appearance of power and dominance within the frame. She's just put you on your back - which is where you were all along, but just didn't know it.

I'm interested to hear what you guys think, so do be sure to drop me a comment here!

FATGUYSAY

01-08-2013

This looks good. I'm not much of an artist myself so I cannot help you. Continue doing what you do best!

Nepolian

01-08-2013

yes! we need this skin! =D

kitcat300

01-08-2013

Needs more red like on shen and akali

Foxbyte

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitcat300 View Post
Needs more red like on shen and akali
I intend for her spell effects to be red, would that be enough? =P

adamerickson

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfynsong View Post
I intend for her spell effects to be red, would that be enough? =P
its her splash art for foxfire ahri it has a "firey" arua around her tail, you could do something similar but more of a crimson or scarlet color like blood.

Foxbyte

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamerickson View Post
its her splash art for foxfire ahri it has a "firey" arua around her tail, you could do something similar but more of a crimson or scarlet color like blood.
True. I might have to put this on hold in favor of that new fan art contest though... I'll be drawing Ahri again, of course. =P

Crosbyll

01-14-2013

you put the boobs so high of her chest, i confused them with the shoulders at first watch lol

It would be nicer (for me) if you cut the mask, in my opinion, a mask on the eyes and nose would be better than a complete mask.

Foxbyte

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbyll View Post
you put the boobs so high of her chest, i confused them with the shoulders at first watch lol

It would be nicer (for me) if you cut the mask, in my opinion, a mask on the eyes and nose would be better than a complete mask.
It's an upward angle shot (i.e. looking upward from her feet) and was based off photo reference, so it's actually fairly accurate in that regard.

I might still cut the mask as you suggest, I've been considering it off and on for awhile anyway.

InTheAbstract

01-23-2013

Her boobs are on her neck :P