Creative Design AMA - Vi, the Piltover Enforcer

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lokiorin

01-08-2013

Does Vi ever get to "restrain an escaping criminal" (aka... beat the tar out of them) when Caitlyn "goes to get a cup of tea" during an interrogation?

I would also like to know how she can lift her arms when her gauntlets are considerably larger than her body, much less her arms.

Also, why did she join the league? I'm assuming it wasn't because Caitlyn and Jayce were there.

Anymeese

01-08-2013

disclaimer: I'm being picky and I know it. I *LOVE* Vi and play her more than anyone atm, 3rd favorite champion in the game (behind Trundle and Sejuani of course)

1) Vi's arms look REALLY small to carry those huge gauntlets. Is it as simple as "she lifts little weight in many reps i guess, idk" or was there an artistic/design reason behind this subtle characteristic?

2) Does Vi ever take off her gloves? if so, when?
2.2) I used to watch an anime called Fairy Tail, which had a female character with red hair (pretty sure her name was Scarlet) and her signature look was fully clad in armor (save the helmet). As you got to learn the characters more you found of that this tough girl that was stronger than everyone else and EVERYONE was afraid of, actually had a soft inside that she tried to hide, with her armor symbolizing the walls she set up around that part of her.
So.. is there any emotional or mental connection with Vi and her gloves? Does she feel vulnerable when she takes them off IF she does?

3) Vi x Jayce? :O Really though, I'm curious how these two are related in the lore

swan2swan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow View Post
- Piltover's technology isn't easily mass produced. Even if it could be, I don't think Vi would want to run into a crime ring outfitted with gauntlets just like hers.
Are you sure about that?

PKPikmin

01-08-2013

More of a overall question. Can we be more consistent on these things? Elise got a sorta AMA that got bunched up with the shadow isles. Then Zed had one like normal and things were cool. Then Nami's got skipped for no known reason. And now here's Vi's nearly a month or so after she came out.

Sorry for the off-topic post. Just wanted some clarification.

81AZ

01-08-2013

As a child growing up in the lawless outskirts of Piltover, Vi learned to rob and cheat to get by. Stealing and stripping hextech hardware gave her the skills of a master mechanic, while life on the streets taught her self-reliance. When she was six, a ragtag group of criminals took a shine to the young delinquent and brought her into their fold. By the time Vi was eleven, she had become a seasoned accomplice, and she relished the thrill of every heist.

She returned to a life of solitary crime, but stole only from other criminals

This kind of bothers me. Why did Vi betray her roots and the people who raised her like that? She knew how hard the life on the streets was like, the people who gave her a "home" were criminals too, but after playing hero once she betrays them all without consideration of her own past? Why is that?

Thezyzyva

01-08-2013

Hey Harrow, first of all thanks to you and the lore team for expanding on the old two paragraph formula you guys had mostly used for so long. It's nice that bio's are longer now to help fill the lore void.

Now, my question is, does Vi have any other relationships within the League that wouldn't be immediately obvious? I'm assuming if there is, you guys are probably saving it for later and can't say who it is, but a yes or no would be nice, if possible.

Also, is there a chance we might see one of her old crewmates enter the league at some point? I know how you guys are with things still in the works, but come on, humor me. (Note anything you say that isn't a direct "no" will be taken to mean yes.)

Thanks Harrow!

Tpyo

01-08-2013

1. Does VI stand for 6, does this mean there might be another 5 just like her?

2. It looks like she wears something like a skin tight body suit over a frilly pink dress .... yet she has 7 visible belts. If she was once a thief, does this mean she rummaged through ezreal's dresser?

Ansaa

01-08-2013

How light are her Gauntlets? They look huge, but she carries them around like nothing! Whats more, she swings them with strength even though her arms aren't like Mundo's.

Do they have some sort of Piltover/Janna magic to make them lighter? How does Vi lift them?

Harrow

Writer

01-08-2013
4 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Viper View Post
Hmkay...Two questions. How would she feel in regards to the other two champions who punch, Udyr and Lee Sin? (I know he's more kick oriented, but come on, he punches too!)

And my second question is who would she find the most interesting champion in the League to be? Or top few, or something on those lines, really.
She's not really impressed by their spirituality or their technique or their philosophies yadda yadda yadda. I think she likes to prove that she can outdo all of that with raw force.

I think she'd get on really well with outlaws like Twisted Fate and Graves when she doesn't have a warrant for their arrest. I imagine she's now interacted with guys like that on both sides of the law by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporq View Post
Who does she have the hots for? Any current champions?
Not that she'd admit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaoLong View Post
If she played Bloody Knuckles with Lee Sin; who would win?

Also-- there are some champions in the league that look like really bad news. Like, beyond punchable news. Xerath, the almost-god, Syndra, a transcedent mage, Zed, a ninja who unlocked some forbidden arts, Hecarim, an shadow centaur-thing, Karthus, a lich, and the new Thresh, an undead-soulstealer. Does she really think she can punch her way through these guys if they ever decided to give her trouble? I'm not sure even trying to punch half the people from the Shadow Isles would even do anything.

Or put it this way-- If Vi ever comes across a problem she can't punch to bits, how would she react? Especially if this problem was trying to kill her?
I don't think Bloody Knuckles would be Lee Sin's strong point...even without the gauntlets, I think Vi would be better suited to dumb bar games.

She just doesn't really see these epic threats as part of her world...she might well take a "not my problem" attitude until she really felt like she had to do something, at which point she would just punch her way through it or die trying.

MugenNightmare

01-08-2013

Would she relate to Riven the Exile at all?

12345678 ... 12